News Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov: Khabib vs Ferg, Kevin Lee vs Islam, Conor vs Islam for rematch in 2021

Yes he ducked Poirier, this is a free world and you can believe what you want. Baldy Diana had promised a TITLE SHOT to the winner of the interim belt between Poirier and Tony Ferguson. Khabib could not fight earlier because of his suspension for 9 or so months. Tony Ferguson refused to fight Poirier for the INTERIM BELT and the chance to fight Khabib.

As Tony ducked Poirier (yes this was damned stupid because he would have face Khabib by now, win or lose). So yes Tony ducked Poirier. Maybe he felt he didn't need to risk his unbeaten record or what.

No, you are clueless on this one. How did it cost him his shot with Khabib? He won one fight (same as he'd have had to do vs Dustin) and he's still fighting him. So...what are you talking about?

And Dana "promising" LMAO. He's shown in the past how much you can trust that, yet somehow you expect fighters to take him at his word?

Tony HAD the interim belt and was stripped for no reason. It's insane that you'd think he should believe it then has some sort of value. Dana has PROVEN that he doesn't care about them and that they are just tools to help him sell a few more ppv's. But...people like you buy into it hook line and sinker, so Dana obviously knows what he's doing.

In retrospect it was a poor decision on his part since he still had to fight Cerrone after that and missed out on the fight with Khabib in September. All good though, because it's now booked for April and could not be more epic. Finally (knock on wood)!

Yes exaclty. He'd already clearly earned it, they didn't need an interim belt as they knew when Khabib was back. It should have just been Tony vs Khabib in September regardless. But they UFC wanted the $ that came with adding in a fake title fight. Tony wanted no part of that charade as he'd already been down that road once only to be stripped for another cash grab.

In the end, the UFC made him win yet another fight but he ran through Cowboy probably much easier than he would have Dustin, so in hindsight it was actually a good choice by Tony.

Great interview, thanks for posting TS.

Abdulmanap is a really intelligent and rational guy. I am not surprised he has built an undefeated machine like Khabib.

Yes exaclty. He'd already clearly earned it, they didn't need an interim belt as they knew when Khabib was back. It should have just been Tony vs Khabib in September regardless. But they UFC wanted the $ that came with adding in a fake title fight. Tony wanted no part of that charade as he'd already been down that road once only to be stripped for another cash grab.

In the end, the UFC made him win yet another fight but he ran through Cowboy probably much easier than he would have Dustin, so in hindsight it was actually a good choice by Tony.

Sure it's UFC politics. BS most of the time.

Your Thunberg AV is freaking me the fuck out..
:eek:
Greta.jpg

I don't post in this shitty place anymore but always here for an Abdulmanap bless.

Abdulmanap bless. Goat MMA knowledge.

giphy.gif

A Russian Champ would not need more the 30 seconds with Conman especially if hes a fit 240 lol

No, you are clueless on this one. How did it cost him his shot with Khabib? He won one fight (same as he'd have had to do vs Dustin) and he's still fighting him. So...what are you talking about?

And Dana "promising" LMAO. He's shown in the past how much you can trust that, yet somehow you expect fighters to take him at his word?

Tony HAD the interim belt and was stripped for no reason. It's insane that you'd think he should believe it then has some sort of value. Dana has PROVEN that he doesn't care about them and that they are just tools to help him sell a few more ppv's. But...people like you buy into it hook line and sinker, so Dana obviously knows what he's doing.
I don't disagree with you for one second about what a complete backstabber and liar Diana White is.

I also don't disagree with you about how Tony has been shat on by the UFC. Totally agree with you regarding how low it was for baldy to remove Tony's interim. I like Tony and absolutely he deserved to be the next in line to fight Khabib, he has earned it with blood and sweat.

What I'm talking about is the time when Khabib could not fight, and Baldy offered the Interim belt (between Poirier and Tony). Tony refused this fight, maybe rightly so. As he refused Baldy then offered the fight to Max Holloway instead. So Dustin vs Holloway for the Interim and then fight for the title vs Khabib. That's all I'm saying. So that fight we're talking about should already have happened, instaed, you then had Tony vs Cowboy.

Yes it stinks how Tony has been treated, but he ducked Poirier. As I said he and his team rightly believed he is risking his 12 fight unbeaten run. It's a shame.

I don't post in this shitty place anymore but always here for an Abdulmanap bless.

Abdulmanap bless. Goat MMA knowledge.

giphy.gif
Cor blimey! that Khabibs dad has an eye for them gorgeous hot Chechen beauties, at his age as well.

Cult of Greta..

Not exactly on board with a mentally unstable adolescent being thrust into the public sphere, as the 'figurehead' of a movement..
That Greta is bloody annoying. I'm also a big fan of all green issues but does she have to be so darned miserable. I know her father coaches her up to all this. That girl needs a boyfriend urgently.

I do too. There has been so much hype for this fight because it never happened and has been drawn out, but I doubt Tony will win a round and worse yet, he is going to give up the ground per Eddie Bravo. That is a terrible idea versus a guy like Khabib.

Does Bravo actually coach Tony though? I know he always talks about like he is his BJJ mastermind coach, but that guy is so full of shit and so high on weed most of the time that I have a hard time taking him seriously.

I don't disagree with you for one second about what a complete backstabber and liar Diana White is.

I also don't disagree with you about how Tony has been shat on by the UFC. Totally agree with you regarding how low it was for baldy to remove Tony's interim. I like Tony and absolutely he deserved to be the next in line to fight Khabib, he has earned it with blood and sweat.

What I'm talking about is the time when Khabib could not fight, and Baldy offered the Interim belt (between Poirier and Tony). Tony refused this fight, maybe rightly so. As he refused Baldy then offered the fight to Max Holloway instead. So Dustin vs Holloway for the Interim and then fight for the title vs Khabib. That's all I'm saying. So that fight we're talking about should already have happened, instaed, you then had Tony vs Cowboy.

Yes it stinks how Tony has been treated, but he ducked Poirier. As I said he and his team rightly believed he is risking his 12 fight unbeaten run. It's a shame.

Okay we don't really disagree too much then, but I think the word "ducking" is just wrong here, that's all.

Here's the real thing though: Khabib couldn't fight. Fine. But this wasn't an injury situation where he was out an indefinite amount of time. They KNEW he was back in September, right? Why the need for an interim belt at all? They didn't strip Khabib, so aside from $$ what was the point of the interim title in this situation. If it was based on merit, why would you not just say "The guy who's won 11 in a row will fight the champ in the fall once the suspension is up." Tony would have waited, obviously. Dustin could have fought Max and headlined a card still (maybe not a ppv with no fake belt on the line, but a big ESPN card for sure) and the winner of that fight would have faced the winner of Tony vs Khabib.

That's why Tony turned it down, he was calling BS on what the UFC was doing. Then they told him "Too bad, this is how we operate, deal with it." He fights for a living and they made him a good financial offer to fight Cowboy on that big Chicago card, so he took it.

Does Bravo actually coach Tony though? I know he always talks about like he is his BJJ mastermind coach, but that guy is so full of shit and so high on weed most of the time that I have a hard time taking him seriously.

Just bjj. Tony has sort of formulated all his camps around himself. He brings in other fighters, training partners, etc. Eddie is part of that group but not Tony's "head coach" or anything like that.

I do too. There has been so much hype for this fight because it never happened and has been drawn out, but I doubt Tony will win a round and worse yet, he is going to give up the ground per Eddie Bravo. That is a terrible idea versus a guy like Khabib.

Just because Eddie is saying that doesn't mean it's what will happen. Tony has way more going for him in this matchup than Conor ever did. It's not even close.

Back