A Sad Day In Court For Dogs And Their Owners

nope... proven fact...

Dude there is no where on this earth I would rather be than metro Detroit. Though I love all the little cities in that area and would be too hard to pick just one

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-court-rules-police-shoot-162939226.html

I've never personally seen someone injured by barking. This amounts to a license to kill for the police since damn near every dog barks at strangers. Unless you wire the inside of your home for surveillance how can you prove the dog was silent?

Cops shooting dogs rustles my jimmies. :mad::mad::mad:
Unfortunately, this has already been police practice for quite some time. They hardly care about human life while "trying to make it home to their families", let alone animal life. They've even shot dogs that were IN cages while raiding homes. It's basically a given that if you're unfortunate enough to get raided, often for a nonviolent crime or by mistake, your dog's going to get shot on sight.

I have a rott mix. He's a badass dog. He loves his family (us). If people come down our driveway, he lets us know and he lets them know that this is his house. And he does his job well. It's what God made these dogs for. And it's beautiful.

The mailman knows him by name and always brings him a treat.
Hopefully the cops never mistake your address for that of a drug dealer or he'd be dead. ;)

I had thought this was already the case.

Not that I'm happy about it.

Hopefully the cops never mistake your address for that of a drug dealer or he'd be dead. ;)
I think many of the Sheriff Deputies are well liked. I know a few of them. I've played softball with them or coached their kid in baseball or something.

I don't live in a high crime area, so it's different than what you here about in large liberal cities.

A dog has no rights. It is mere chattel. The rights of the owner are just like any other chattel property. At most, the police should have to pay for the value of the dog.

And unlike a human, I think we ought to be fairly deferential to a police officer's discretion as to whether the dog presents an imminent threat of bodily harm. When weighing the interests, the dog's life is worthless compared to a human's. I'd rather 10 millions dogs be wrongfully shot than 1 cop be mauled to death by a dog.

It's a pet, not a person, ya sociopaths.

As I've read this thread I find it funny that you're the dude coming off as having no compassion.

9/10 Cops are entering the homes of people who dogs DO bite and attack because their owners are low life criminals

So we execute based on probabilities? I seem to remember a phrase about innocent until proven guilty and another where 9 guilty should go free to prevent 1 innocent from conviction.

BLUF: cops need to stop shooting dogs. Unfortunately they get off on that shit.

There's a video out there of cops making a bust on a city street. A dude comes walking into the frame with his leashed rott. The guy watches the cops for a few min and then goes to put his dog in the car. As he does this the cop sees him and commands him to come over. The guy closes the door with dog inside the car. The guy walks over to the cop as the dog starts barking in the car. The dog managed to squirm thru the half open window and run to his owner next to the cop. The dog starts barking at the cop who draws his gun and kills the dog immediately.

Made my blood boil

*edit- I just youtube searched "cop shoots dog" fuuuuuuuuck a depressing set of videos comes up

To value an animal's life more than a human's is sociopathic, imo. Even if it is a pet vs. The life of a stranger.

The problem here is that you're pitting a human life against a dog's, when that's not really the dispute. The issue is the wealth of discretion an officer has to shoot a dog for doing or not doing anything at all.

They're not exactly just shooting unchained, barking, and threatening rottweilers or dobermans. For some of these wannabe operator SWAT :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, their SOP has been to routinely shoot little terriers for just being present where bodily harm isn't even in the question.

Last edited:
I think many of the Sheriff Deputies are well liked. I know a few of them. I've played softball with them or coached their kid in baseball or something.

I don't live in a high crime area, so it's different than what you here about in large liberal cities.
The mayor of an upper-middle class suburban town had his house raided and his dogs (labs, a non-aggressive breed) were killed by cops even though they were completely innocent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_raid

The problem here is that you're pitting a human life against a dog's, when that's not really the dispute. The issue is the wealth of discretion an officer has to shoot a dog for doing or not doing anything at all.

They're not exactly just shooting unchained, barking, and threatening rottweilers or dobermans. For some of these wannabe operator SWAT :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, their SOP has been to routinely shoot little terriers for being present where no bodily harm isn't even in the question.

Ya know I know all these assholes that for years have ranted about obama and police states and all that jazz and yet the most police state thing of all the police able to do pretty much whatever they want usually gets applauded

I would think any person fearful of government power would want all the restrictions in the world put on the police just because of what they represent to the state but instead almost every fucked up thing they do gets cheered on like I said. I dont know where all these authoritarians are coming from (Both parties) but it scares me a bit.

Everyones all like I dont wanna see one dead cop boo hoo ..... and im all like Id rather see a cop have to take a bit more risk than to give them even less restrictions on use of force and people tink im some kind of cop hating communist or something. Im not I just see an alarming pattern that needs to be stopped . This isnt some BLM shit either the violence is across the board. Video after video

If someone shoots at my dog, I am shooting at them. I don't care who they are

My dog is uncompromisingly loyal to me so I feel an obligation to do the same

I'm okay with police shooting dogs if they are in danger. Here's the problem tho; I've seen thousands of videos now where police officers will casually kill the person's dog like it's standard procedure.

I've seen those too and now I have to avoid them because they rustle me

The cop will just walk up to the dog who's just standing there and shoot them in the head, before walking past them. As if they are just opening a door or moving a chair out of the way before they can move forward into the house

If I saw that with my dog, I am opening fire, I don't give a fuck

Ya know I know all these assholes that for years have ranted about obama and police states and all that jazz and yet the most police state thing of all the police able to do pretty much whatever they want usually gets applauded

I would think any person fearful of government power would want all the restrictions in the world put on the police just because of what they represent to the state but instead almost every fucked up thing they do gets cheered on like I said. I dont know where all these authoritarians are coming from (Both parties) but it scares me a bit.

My God, you'd think right? Where did all the authoritarians come from indeed. I don't know about scaring, but it is concerning. It should concern all of us. The price for liberty is eternal vigilance, not just vigilance when "your guy" is in power (I've already been called a liberal twice since Trump was elected for calling out fuckery).

If someone shoots at my dog, I am shooting at them. I don't care who they are

My dog is uncompromisingly loyal to me so I feel an obligation to do the same

You're best just taking it on the chin, getting a lawyer, and taking it to court.

My God, you'd think right? Where did all the authoritarians come from indeed. I don't know about scaring, but it is concerning. It should concern all of us. The price for liberty is eternal vigilance, not just vigilance when "your guy" is in power (I've already been called a liberal twice since Trump was elected for calling out fuckery).

Yea dude I dont even know where I stand any more. I used to be a democrat and quite a liberal one and I didnt change my views they changed. Then they fucked the dude i have wanted to be president for most of my adult life and forced hillary on me and went all the way retarded.

I also dont like the direction it looks like the republican party is goin and im not on board with that either.

Russians hacking gets cheered . Cops goin nuts get cheered and all the while most of us get broker no matter which letter is in power.

Jaded is I and just plain unhappy with the direction we seem to be going. I dont think Obama was the devil but we have found ourselves in some troubled times and I dont think he governed with the balls he should have. Bush I thought was a puppet and ended up lighting the world on fire. It just seems like we have lost our country to big money and they dont even pretend that isnt true any more and im starting to think there isnt a whole lot that can be done about it.

You're best just taking it on the chin, getting a lawyer, and taking it to court.

Nah man sometimes ya just gotta be willing to die bout it. Theres things that are worth doing time or getting killed over and someone fuckin with your home and fam is one of em.

Its not about money its about a reckoning

It's not that a dog's life holds no value. It does. To some extent, all life is precious, and a pet dog's life, especially a dog like yours is more precious than most. But even then, it is worthless compared to a human life, no matter the value you personally attach to it.

Why?

I'm okay with police shooting dogs if they are in danger. Here's the problem tho; I've seen thousands of videos now where police officers will casually kill the person's dog like it's standard procedure.

Back