A Sad Day In Court For Dogs And Their Owners

I don't think too many cops want to shoot a dog, storm in a teacup.

Just another reason to have a cat instead.

I have yet to see any reason to defer to a police officers judgement. Especially in th8s case, given how many videos there are of them acting egregiously.
Because, again, it is a dog, not a person. If it looks like it could possibly hurt a police officer, the police officer should be free to dispose of the threat, especially where the risk of being wrong is a dog.

A dog has no rights. It is mere chattel. The rights of the owner are just like any other chattel property. At most, the police should have to pay for the value of the dog.

And unlike a human, I think we ought to be fairly deferential to a police officer's discretion as to whether the dog presents an imminent threat of bodily harm. When weighing the interests, the dog's life is worthless compared to a human's. I'd rather 10 millions dogs be wrongfully shot than 1 cop be mauled to death by a dog.

It's a pet, not a person, ya sociopaths.

My property saved my life one day few years back. They are worth more to me than almost any human I have ever met and quite frankly if someone killed one of them and then offered me the price of a beagle I would be mad enough to make a really bad decision.

Bottom line is I consider them family and would do anything for them and I owe them that.

Because, again, it is a dog, not a person. If it looks like it could possibly hurt a police officer, the police officer should be free to dispose of the threat, especially where the risk of being wrong is a dog.

If it could possibly hurt them?

Dont know how they manage to get anywhere. Cars are pretty fuckibg dangerous. Never seen a car that couldnt possibly kill some cops.

Best city in Michigan, questionable ruling...

My property saved my life one day few years back. They are worth more to me than almost any human I have ever met and quite frankly if someone killed one of them and then offered me the price of a beagle I would be mad enough to make a really bad decision.

Bottom line is I consider them family and would do anything for them and I owe them that.
My car has saved my life. So has my heating system. A gun can do the same.

The great thing about dogs is that they are alive and will defend you. They are great for companionship and security. No doubt, but they are still not people.

To value an animal's life more than a human's is sociopathic, imo. Even if it is a pet vs. The life of a stranger.

Most people I know regard their pets as family members. If you kill someone's family member, it's a really safe bet they're gona want you dead.

Really fucking stupid decision here.

While your first statement is true, people need to realize that human life will "trump" pet life. I know there are snowflakes out there who view their pets as more important than other human beings, but no court of law will be so delusional.

I have a rott mix. He's a badass dog. He loves his family (us). If people come down our driveway, he lets us know and he lets them know that this is his house. And he does his job well. It's what God made these dogs for. And it's beautiful.

The mailman knows him by name and always brings him a treat.

The problem is irresponsible owners allowing dogs like these to run loose in the neighborhood or in the park

If it could possibly hurt them?

Dont know how they manage to get anywhere. Cars are pretty fuckibg dangerous. Never seen a car that couldnt possibly kill some cops.
You are being hysterical and ridiculous. A cop cant just randomly shoot dogs on the street because they exist, either. But if the cops are executing a warrant in a house, and the car somehow poses a possible threat while they are executing it, your god dakn right they can disable it.

I'm okay with police shooting dogs if they are in danger. Here's the problem tho; I've seen thousands of videos now where police officers will casually kill the person's dog like it's standard procedure.

I've seen a video of a cop shooting a dog on the other side of a fence, then not going in that fenced area. Dog was just a regular dog, barking like any dog.
But yeah, I'm sure more videos exist, maybe even thousands, but have you really watched thousands of videos of dogs being killed by cops? I'm not even sure if I've watched thousands of videos on youtube in general. Nobody needs to be that outraged.

To value an animal's life more than a human's is sociopathic, imo. Even if it is a pet vs. The life of a stranger.

Like Bill Burr says Fair enough but I really dont see it that way.

I would have died trapped in a house fire if it wasnt forthem and you can call me a sociopath all day long but that doesnt change the fact that they were there for me when i needed them and we have one hell of a bond and thats a debt that can never be paid.

They coulda went right through the dog door and let the roof come down on me but that isnt the choice they made. Maybe you should ponder that for a moment. Maybe that was god or maybe the bond between a man and his dog goes a lot deeper than a man and his car.

Honestly I pity you for being unable to see a truth that is right infront of you.

My car also doesnt burrow into my side when it thunders or try to comfort me when i have had a bad day.

The problem is irresponsible owners allowing dogs like these to run loose in the neighborhood or in the park
These are powerful animals. My dog is just a pet. He's old now but can still run and jump. When he was young man he could jump! It was unreal to see a hundred pound dog fly like that. It's crazy what they can do. Very strong, very fast.

I got a well behaved animal. He never did anything to anyone. But nobody wanted to test him either. Just the size, the look and the bark kept people off your property. Eventually they got to know him and it was all good.

I've seen a video of a cop shooting a dog on the other side of a fence, then not going in that fenced area. Dog was just a regular dog, barking like any dog.
But yeah, I'm sure more videos exist, maybe even thousands, but have you really watched thousands of videos of dogs being killed by cops? I'm not even sure if I've watched thousands of videos on youtube in general. Nobody needs to be that outraged.

I don't mean it in the literal sense. But yeah, people have posted plenty of videos on here and Reddit. I mean It's not unheard of for them be trigger happy with any dogs they encounter.

Like Bill Burr says Fair enough but I really dont see it that way.

I would have died trapped in a house fire if it wasnt forthem and you can call me a sociopath all day long but that doesnt change the fact that they were there for me when i needed them and we have one hell of a bond and thats a debt that can never be paid.

They coulda went right through the dog door and let the roof come down on me but that isnt the choice they made. Maybe you should ponder that for a moment. Maybe that was god or maybe the bond between a man and his dog goes a lot deeper than a man and his car.

Honestly I pity you for being unable to see a truth that is right infront of you.

My car also doesnt burrow into my side when it thunders or try to comfort me when i have had a bad day.
I think it would also be sociopathic to valu a car over the life of your pet dog.

It's not that a dog's life holds no value. It does. To some extent, all life is precious, and a pet dog's life, especially a dog like yours is more precious than most. But even then, it is worthless compared to a human life, no matter the value you personally attach to it.

I don't mean it in the literal sense. But yeah, people have posted plenty of videos on here and Reddit. I mean It's not unheard of for them be trigger happy with any dogs they encounter.

Or people. Its weird how the more emphasis is on cop safety the more dangerous the police seem to become to the rest of us. Oh that dog barked oh shit he was reaching oh man that bitch has scissors in her hand PEW PEW PEW PEW. Honestly for some dudes with back up, Kevlar and all the guns in the world I gotta say that it seems like a lot of them are quite fearful

Yea I said it and Im not sorry either

Ill tell ya guys this. It dont matter if its a cop or a G there is nothing more dangerous to encounter than an armed coward

Back