Media A Night with Khabib Nurmagomedov (edited) it has sold well

The only battle that matters is the one inside the cage where Conor got slaughtered.

You're just trying to make yourself feel better about the situation, snowflake.
{<hhh]
Are you going to address anything I said, or look for another way out of this forum through calling me funny names like Snowflake?

Are you going to address anything I said, or look for another way out of this forum through calling me funny names like Snowflake?
I don't need to address anything you said.

It's drivel.

Khabib won the battle and the war when he beat the fuck out of Conor.

THIS is all that history will remember, not your gay hottake.

30% sounds way too high unless he was doing it voluntarily. Last I heard something called Zakat is like 2.5% or there about and I believe that's mandatory and it's not even directly to a Mosque, maybe someone of Khabib's faith can chime in here.

The Quran enjoins charity (Zakat). There is no set amount in the Quran. Muslims generally agree on 2.5% of net savings and assets. There is no obligation to give it to the mosque.

I'm not claiming to know more; I'm just pointing out you are pushing a very extremist position and you probably need to do more research first.

1. The very first link on Google shows that there is a history of practicing Shariah law (amongst violence, big surprise) in Dagestan and is currently a thing
Much of the tension is rooted in an internal Islamic conflict between traditional Sufi groups advocating secular government and more recently introduced Salafist teachers preaching the implementation of a certain form of Sharia in Dagestan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagestan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Djamaat_of_Dagestan
2. Religion should ABSOLUTELY kept in mosques/churches. That's the best place for religion - because everyone around you agrees with you. Religion is responsible for past and present violence, wars, oppression and sexual abuse. I don't see how any reasonable person could propose Religion should be anywhere and everywhere. Have you never heard of the "separation of church and state" as being a really important thing?
What?? What position am I pushing? The one of free speech? lol
I literally only said 'freedom of speech/expression > what you think people should say'. This, is pushing a 'very extremist position'? It's clear to me you have some personal issue with Islam, and that's fine, but don't let that blind yourself and damage your logic/thinking.

It does not matter what/where you think people should say the things they say. That's not the fucking point man. The point of freedom of speech is that people should have the right to say anything they please, as long as it's not hate speech or threats, or inciting a riot, shit like that.

lol you are basically saying people should only say things when everyone around them will agree with it. Do you not realize that that kind of thinking is against the American constitution?

I'm not claiming to know more; I'm just pointing out you are pushing a very extremist position and you probably need to do more research first.
2. Religion should ABSOLUTELY be kept in mosques/churches. That's the best place for religion - because everyone around you agrees with you. Religion is responsible for past and present violence, wars, oppression and sexual abuse. I don't see how any reasonable person could propose Religion should be anywhere and everywhere. Have you never heard of the "separation of church and state" as being a really important thing?

And what does having the seperation of government and religion have to do with any being discussed?

I don't need to address anything you said.

It's drivel.

Khabib won the battle and the war when he beat the fuck out of Conor.

THIS is all that history will remember, not your gay hottake.

So you are definitely proving a pattern - ignore everything someone says, post whatever you want.

I'm going to join in! Look everyone, funny gif pics!
(edit: this is fun!!!)

upload_2019-1-17_8-6-23.png
21634371_ufc-star-khabib-nurmagomedov-under_18370026_m-1440x564_c.jpg

upload_2019-1-17_8-8-43.png

upload_2019-1-17_8-9-39.png

upload_2019-1-17_8-10-2.png

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/...y-kadyrov-magomedov-abdelaziz-karim-zidan-mma

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-17_8-6-42.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-17_8-6-42.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
And what does having the seperation of government and religion have to do with any being discussed?

Dagestan is currently under extreme violence and turmoil because of two people arguing over the way to run the country - Religious people want to run it under Shariah law.

The separation of church and state is about political distance in the relationship between religious organizations and the nation state. Here is a little Wikipedi

Someone had asserted Khabib should be free to spread religion as far as he wants; some of us believe Religious Zealots are fucking frightening based on the number of people they kill.

I wouldn't pay for a meet & greet with any person but whoever is down to spend that money to hang out with someone - go for it.

What?? What position am I pushing? The one of free speech? lol
I literally only said 'freedom of speech/expression > what you think people should say'. This, is pushing a 'very extremist position'? It's clear to me you have some personal issue with Islam, and that's fine, but don't let that blind yourself and damage your logic/thinking.

It does not matter what/where you think people should say the things they say. That's not the fucking point man. The point of freedom of speech is that people should have the right to say anything they please, as long as it's not hate speech or threats, or inciting a riot, shit like that.

lol you are basically saying people should only say things when everyone around them will agree with it. Do you not realize that that kind of thinking is against the American constitution?
I am really confused - do you think there is some sort of global law that says everyone has freedom of speech ???
Where does it say people should have the right to say anything they please, as long as it's not hate speech or threats, or inciting a riot, shit like that.

WHERE?

I am really confused - do you think there is some sort of global law that says everyone has freedom of speech ???
Where does it say people should have the right to say anything they please, as long as it's not hate speech or threats, or inciting a riot, shit like that.

WHERE?
Bro, relax, what are you even talking about anymore? When did I mention anything about 'global law'? lol. I'll explain again, clearly, so you can understand;

The guy I was responding to had a problem with fighters saying 'Thank God' and such and such, and had essentially said 'Religious shit should only be kept in places of religion'. I responded 'Freedom of speech/expression is greater than what your preferences are for what 'should' be said'. This is the main point. Freedom of speech >>> your preferences.

Do you disagree with what I said? Do you think your preferences/opinions are greater than freedom of speech? Do you think people should be jailed/punished/censored for promoting their religion? Then just say so, and I wouldn't have bothered arguing with you. Lmao.

I responded 'Freedom of speech/expression is greater than what your preferences are for what 'should' be said'. This is the main point. Freedom of speech >>> your preferences.
What I don't understand is how you came to think people have "freedom of speech"

Can you please define the boundaries of freedom of speech?
Is this an actual law, a moral principle, an ethical stance you adopt?

Unless you live in America where freedom of speech is listed in the constitution, I fail to see how this concept exists as an enforceable rule in the greater world ????

What I don't understand is how you came to think people have "freedom of speech"

Can you please define the boundaries of freedom of speech?
Is this an actual law, a moral principle, an ethical stance you adopt?

Unless you live in America where freedom of speech is listed in the constitution, I fail to see how this concept exists as an enforceable rule in the greater world ????
I don't see what any of this has to do with what my point was. When did I ever say anything about freedom of speech being an enforceable rule in the greater world, or how 'I came to think people have freedom of speech'? Uhh.. Because I live in a country with freedom of speech? And so do people who live in most, if not, all developed countries? America is not the only country with freedom of speech lmao.

I legitimately do not understand what you're getting at, if you're even making a point about anything. What is your counter-argument to my point (which is freedom of speech > preferences)?

If you don't agree with freedom of speech, please just say so, it would make things so much less confusing.
This is honestly getting boring, I'm going in fucking circles with you.

I don't see what any of this has to do with what my point was. When did I ever say anything about freedom of speech being an enforceable rule in the greater world, or how 'I came to think people have freedom of speech'? Uhh.. Because I live in a country with freedom of speech? And so do people who live in most, if not, all developed countries? America is not the only country with freedom of speech lmao.

I legitimately do not understand what you're getting at, if you're even making a point about anything. What is your counter-argument to my point (which is freedom of speech > preferences)?

If you don't agree with freedom of speech, please just say so, it would make things so much less confusing.
This is honestly getting boring, I'm going in fucking circles with you.

My point, is that you are asserting that FREEDOM OF SPEECH trumps EVERYTHING - including one's "preferences".

That is not true.
Freedom of speech is a principle. Just like being kind.
It should not be used as a blanket for people to push religion on to people considering it is not even a widely accepted principle or an enforceable law in the vast majority of the world.

I am sorry that you have such an America-centric point of view and I am sorry we have not been able to understand each other.
I really regret ever talking to you, if that helps?

upload_2019-1-17_9-52-43.png

upload_2019-1-17_9-53-0.png

given that Freedom of Speech is not a law in Australia, where I live, I really don't have an opinion on it. Debating the merits of a principle that is not enforced in the vast majority of the world is about as helpful as discussing whether we should bring back Beheadings, or cutting off someone's hands for stealing. Neither are realistic, enforcable or applicable for the vast majority of the world.

My point, is that you are asserting that FREEDOM OF SPEECH trumps EVERYTHING - including one's "preferences".

That is not true.
Freedom of speech is a principle. Just like being kind.
It should not be used as a blanket for people to push religion on to people considering it is not even a widely accepted principle or an enforceable law in the vast majority of the world.

I am sorry that you have such an America-centric point of view and I am sorry we have not been able to understand each other.
I really regret ever talking to you, if that helps?
When did I ever assert 'freedom of speech trumps everything'? Lol, the original comment I made was that freedom of speech >>> your preferences, and I repeated this multiple times. Your entire comment is pointless. waste of fucking time tbh, idek why im still bothering

Lol it's a principle, and it's also a human right recognized by the UN. I never said it doesn't have limits, I'm pretty sure I actually listed a few before. I also noticed that of all the limits that were listed on that Wikipedia page, not one of them referred to religion which you seem to have a pretty major problem with lol
The first one who brought up America was you, but I'm the one with the America-centric point of view? Lol I live in Canada, dumbass.

What are you talking about when you say 'push religion onto people'? You think saying 'thank God', or 'God is great' is pushing religion onto others? Lol, ok. And therefore, you must also think you should be jailed/punished/censored for promoting your religion. If you don't, then you're just being hypocritical.

Last edited:
what is this? can you please replace the arrows with words?
Was that the problem the entire time? Should have just said so lol.
It just means greater than. Freedom of speech is greater than your preferences.

Just in case you're still confused on what that means... When that guy was like 'oh you should keep it in your church/mosque', I simply reminded him that his opinion doesn't 'override' the fighter's freedom of speech, and that the fighter should be able to say he wants (again, with limits) anywhere he wants. You can criticize what he says of course, but I think it's very ignorant and childish to try to censor someone just because you don't like it.

Just in case you're still confused on what that means... When that guy was like 'oh you should keep it in your church/mosque', I simply reminded him that his opinion doesn't 'override' the fighter's freedom of speech, and that the fighter should be able to say he wants (again, with limits) anywhere he wants. You can criticize what he says of course, but I think it's very ignorant and childish to try to censor someone just because you don't like it.

I agreed with all of your arguments except that I think hate speech should also be protected. I don't trust authorities not to classify speech they don't like as hate speech in order to silence dissent.

"Freedom of speech is greater than your preferences."
.... I am really not trying to argue here but I don't think there are enough words in that sentence for me to fully appreciate your point.
Basically, are you are saying "THE PRINCIPLE of Freedom of Speech - THE IDEAL WHICH SAYS ANY PERSON SHOULD BE FREE TO SPEAK - IS AN IDEAL WHICH I BELIEVE IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT than THE EXPRESSION OF your ONE INDIVIDUAL'S preferences"
?

If that's what you're saying, I completely agree.
Really not trying to be a dick, but this could have been resolved faster with better choice of language.

(I think my post history demonstrates I am a reasonable person who attempts reasonable discussion, if you have the time to read. I also like to break up serious stuff with comedy because, why not).

I agreed with all of your arguments except that I think hate speech should also be protected. I don't trust authorities not to classify speech they don't like as hate speech in order to silence disent.
Honestly I'm not too sure about what 'hate speech' exactly means... In my mind when someone says hate speech, I'm thinking things like 'death to all Jews', or 'all muslims should be bombed to oblivion'. I don't know if that should be legally punishable, but it just doesn't sit right in my mind that someone can freely say dumb shit like that. I guess that's what comes with freedom though.

Basically, are you are saying "THE PRINCIPLE of Freedom of Speech - THE IDEAL WHICH SAYS ANY PERSON SHOULD BE FREE TO SPEAK - IS AN IDEAL WHICH I BELIEVE IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT than THE EXPRESSION OF your ONE INDIVIDUAL'S preferences"
?

If that's what you're saying, I completely agree.
Really not trying to be a dick, but this could have been resolved faster with better choice of language.
Yes, that is what I am saying lol.
I was kinda acting like an asshole tbh, my bad. I tend to write my point as short as possible, and I can see how that makes it harder to understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back