Social A mother's warning: If you have white teen sons, listen up ...

This hits home.

Maybe you'll stop with your white supremacist boogeyman schtick then?

As someone who has grown up in these communities and rubbed shoulders with these types of people, I can assure you it's a very real thing. Just because it may not manifest itself in the "real world" to a degree or quantity you would deem as threatening, doesn't mean it's not a issue we should just ignore.

These types of losers are spreading bad ideas directly to children. This needs to be taken a bit more seriously. You see how they behave on here.. and this is a moderated forum. There are no rules on for in-game voice chat, at least not any a child is capable of invoking to protect themselves. It's really gross.

Thread title is misleading. Should read:

WARNING: if you have a white mother, take away her internet access before she makes a fool of herself in exchange of 2 minutes of fame.

That was attention whoring 101. Lol at making a fuss from a meme. Fken old people
source.gif

Good reply. First response to the thread nailed it too. I have two white sons myself - who just happen to be Jewish. They certainly aren’t desensitized to things like the holocaust and anti Semitism but that doesn’t also mean they can’t find humor in a joke. There was a Seinfeld episode almost 20 years ago now that poked fun at older Jewish people who were incapable of finding any humor in their history. In their case it was almost understandable. But now we’re dealing with virtue signaling woke-scolds for whom taking offense is nothing but an opportunity to gain status among their fellow woke-scolds

Good reply. First response to the thread nailed it too. I have two white sons myself - who just happen to be Jewish. They certainly aren’t desensitized to things like the holocaust and anti Semitism but that doesn’t also mean they can’t find humor in a joke. There was a Seinfeld episode almost 20 years ago now that poked fun at older Jewish people who were incapable of finding any humor in their history. In their case it was almost understandable. But now we’re dealing with virtue signaling woke-scolds for whom taking offense is nothing but an opportunity to gain status among their fellow woke-scolds

Actually we're dealing with thousands if not millions of misanthrope losers with no lives spreading bad ideas to children without any sort of supervision.

They are trolling. They love the reactions. That's why they make those type of memes. They laugh their asses off when the okay symbol was considered a NAZI symbol. Kids will be kids.
At some point its not really trolling anymore or at least its only half trolling. And the path to that starts with the seemingly harmless trolling. Like he said in that post, most kids won't fall down the rabbithole. But parents should be vigilant so as to make sure their kid isn't one of the ones that do.

At some point its not really trolling anymore or at least its only half trolling. And the path to that starts with the seemingly harmless trolling. Like he said in that post, most kids won't fall down the rabbithole. But parents should be vigilant so as to make sure their kid isn't one of the ones that do.
Parents also said Eminem's and Marilyn Manson lyrics would make kids violent, then it was games. It's just what parents (especially moms) do, overthink shit and panic all the time.

Parents also said Eminem's and Marilyn Manson lyrics would make kids violent, then it was games. It's just what parents (especially moms) do, overthink shit and panic all the time.
Except in this case we have people live streaming mass shootings while spouting these same memes. They're telling us that they're trolling as they're murdering people. Not really just trolling at that point.

Except in this case we have people live streaming mass shootings while spouting these same memes. They're telling us that they're trolling as they're murdering people. Not really just trolling at that point.
Do you have some kind of evidence that meme culture actually was the cause for these mass shootings though?

Do you have some kind of evidence that meme culture actually was the cause for these mass shootings though?
When a mass shooter is starting his massacre off with "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" then at some point we have to admit meme culture is involved on some level. Is every kid who goes down the meme rabbit-hole going to become a mass shooter? Not likely but I argue they're still worse off for it if they go too deep.

When a mass shooter is starting his massacre off with "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" then at some point we have to admit meme culture is involved on some level. Is every kid who goes down the meme rabbit-hole going to become a mass shooter? Not likely but I argue they're still worse off for it if they go too deep.
Is every Muslim kid who goes down the Islam rabbit-hole going to become a terrorist? Not likely, but I argue they're still worse off for it if they go too deep.

Propaganda isnt exclusive to young white teens. Theres propaganda tailored for everyone, around every corner of the internet.

As well as netflix. Along with the movies you let them watch. Also, their cartoons. As well as their video games. And also on network television.

Wait, everyone doesnt already know this???
And don’t leave out the oldest form of propaganda, political.

Is every Muslim kid who goes down the Islam rabbit-hole going to become a terrorist? Not likely, but I argue they're still worse off for it if they go too deep.
Funny enough I was just thinking of making a similar analogy. If a Muslim terrorist yells "Allahu Akbar" and writes an Islamist manifesto I don't think you'd doubt that Islam had some role. But if its a white shooter spouting memes and white supremacist propaganda suddenly we can't really know that racist online meme culture has anything to do with it. Very blatant hypocrisy from many on the right.

I'd call your counter argument stupid, but that would be giving it too much credit. It's not even an argument.

I don't need to make one when yours is so bad in the first place. It falls on its own sword.

Funny enough I was just thinking of making a similar analogy. If a Muslim terrorist yells "Allahu Akbar" and writes an Islamist manifesto I don't think you'd doubt that Islam had some role. But if its a white shooter spouting memes and white supremacist propaganda suddenly we can't really know that racist online meme culture has anything to do with it. Very blatant hypocrisy from many on the right.
Also very blatant hypocrisy from people on the left though. Islam has nothing to do with terrorist attacks, but in this case it's clearly due to memes. Two can play that game.

He also cited Nelson Mandela as a source of inspiration. Are we worried about that too?

Back