• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A month of very poor FN cards has honestly left me a little jaded for 300

300 isn’t even that good. Pereira vs. Hill would be the 3rd fight on a truly stacked card. A women’s fight is the co-main which is laughable. Bo Nickal is being spoon-fed a 4-4 bum who should be fighting on the prelims of a FN card.
you're delusional. Only a few things would ever be able to headline over the LHW title. you've got a point about the rest. but most Major big cards have a womans title fight (200, 205, 217, 248)

These are the next 5 non PPV main events.
(according to Tapology)

Matheus Nicolau vs Alex Perez
Derrick Lewis vs Rodrigo Nacimento
Edson Barbosa vs Leon Murphy
Brad Katona vs Jesse Butler
Andrei Arlovski vs Martin Budey

I have said to people that if they would just take the main events from the weekly cards and just do one card at the end of the month you would be able to make a very solid main card but man even that looks like dog shite. lmao I was wrong.

Admittedly, I'm too lazy to look it up lol...but that list is true, that is a fucking embarrassment.

These are the next 5 non PPV main events.
(according to Tapology)

Matheus Nicolau vs Alex Perez
Derrick Lewis vs Rodrigo Nacimento
Edson Barbosa vs Leon Murphy
Brad Katona vs Jesse Butler
Andrei Arlovski vs Martin Budey

I have said to people that if they would just take the main events from the weekly cards and just do one card at the end of the month you would be able to make a very solid main card but man even that looks like dog shite. lmao I was wrong.
Yeah that's rough.

you're delusional. Only a few things would ever be able to headline over the LHW title. you've got a point about the rest. but most Major big cards have a womans title fight (200, 205, 217, 248)
And those few things should be presented on a monumental card. Thank you for confirming my stance.

I agree. UFC needs a shakeup, and it's been nothing but the same routine forever. It's just factory-pressed events featuring Reebok/Venum fight kits forever, and I'm soooooo over the Apex. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take Dana getting MeToo'd or having a fatal heart attack to get him out of there.
what would you like for them to do?

And those few things should be presented on a monumental card. Thank you for confirming my stance.
Those few things are Conor and the HW title fight.

So if your argument is that Conor isn't on this card, there fore it is not "even that good" I'd only respond with GTFO casual

UFC needs to develop a 16 man tournament for the 6th ranked to 21st ranked guys in each division.. have it play out over a year or so with the winner of each division tournament to get a title shot with the current champ. would give some additional incentive to watch low ranked fighters especially if an unknown underdog is making his way high in the tournament. everyone loves tournaments.

Have a special tournament feature night every 2 weeks.

not like the small TUF tournaments. like the kumite tournament in bloodsport or pride grand prix....except it would be over a year and not 3 days.

The filler Fight Night cards have desaturated the product and made it less special. I do think UFC 300 is going to be a fun card but the constant filler outside of it taints the brand.

That said, you can't really argue with it. Despite us thinking the cards suck, the UFC has more money than ever in history. If they still operated under the PPV model of one big card a month and the occasional TV show, they probably couldn't survive. The TV deals and advertising is what makes them successful despite the less than stellar cards.

I think if possible, try not to let cards from the past stop your enjoyment from cards in the future.

In MMA every week is different, and you got to kind of adjust your mindset to what each event brings. This April PPV looks like one of the good ones though.

Did you watch any of the FNs?

They all had at least 50% solid fights!

Those few things are Conor and the HW title fight.

So if your argument is that Conor isn't on this card, there fore it is not "even that good" I'd only respond with GTFO casual
The fact you’re thinking about Conor and not Jon Jones proves you’re a casual

1 good card a month used to be a pipe dream, be grateful lol

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events. Bleh. It's honestly made me more sick of MMA than excited for it. And yes, I know someone's going to say "wELl tHEn DoN'T wAtCh 300". I'm obviously going to watch it. Just sharing my thoughts and wondering if anyone else can relate.
I don't relate. I do think the talent is getting so thin that many cards are becoming terrible. The PPV on June 1 in Newark is a good example. I went last year when Cejudo fought Aljo for the title. Gilbert also fought Belal on the card. I also saw Jon Jones win the title against Shogun there. Right now the main card is listed as Jailton Almeida vs Alexander Romanov. I'm not even sure if it is worth the trip to go and watch. Where we disagree is that I am psyched for the card on Saturday. I love MMA but the Apex stuff and watered-down product is apparent most weeks.

You'd think that it'd make you desperate for something good, but I've discovered that good MMA is the type of thing that the more you have, the more you want. It's been boring fights between no-names upon boring fights between no-names. This stretch has been awful unlike anything I can remember. Tuivasa/Tybura, Rose/Ribas, Blanchfield/Fiorot, and Allen/Curtis 2 have been our main events.
No names? That's the two time champion and arguable strawweight GOAT v the number 8th ranked flyweight. And no 2 vs no 3 flyweight, both undefeated in the UFC, fighting for the number one contender spot. You just don't like WMMA. If they were males you would be creaming your pants at them being at the Apex.

Back