a lot of people claim that Jose Aldo didn't "fight like himself" against Conor

I wouldn't say Aldo is sloppy by any means. Conor's boxing is just next level. MMA fighters need to treat Conor like he is an elite pro boxer. They have to fear his hands like they would if they stood in front of any other pro boxer. They simply don't realize just how out gunned they are until its too late.

Same shit they are doing with Alvarez...

All these guys saying he tried to stand with conor and didn't try to wrestle are full of shit, he just got hurt every time he entered into Conor's range, and got shruged off when he got his hands on Conor anyway.

Some people just don't know what they are watching, it's been clear to some from the Buchinger and Brimage fights that Conor is a special fighter...

The haters will one day pretend they were fans, just like Ali's haters do now.

Last edited:
Same shit they are doing with Alvarez...

All these guys saying he tried to stand with conor and didn't wrestle. wrestlers are full of shit, he just got hurt every time he entered into Conor's range, and got shruged off when he got his hands on Conor anyway.

Some people just don't know what they are watching, it's been clear to some from the Buchinger and Brimage fights that Conor is a special fighter...

The haters will one day pretend they were fans, just like Ali's haters do now.
I am a fan of Conor as a fighter and in the cage only. I do not appreciate his antics as a fighter outside the cage or as a man with his possibly undiagnosed narcissist personality disorder. If that makes me a hater, I'm not sure what the concensus on that would be but I don't consider myself a hater. I love to watch the guy fight, he's incredibly talented and always exciting.

I am a fan of Conor as a fighter and in the cage only. I do not appreciate his antics as a fighter outside the cage or as a man with his possibly undiagnosed narcissist personality disorder. If that makes me a hater, I'm not sure what the concensus on that would be but I don't consider myself a hater. I love to watch the guy fight, he's incredibly talented and always exciting.
My post was not directed at you, or anyone in this thread particularly, it was just pointing out that his haters will always find a way to discredit his victories.

Unfortunately haters are just part and parcel of success.

My post was not directed at you, or anyone in this thread particularly, it was just pointing out that his haters will always find a way to discredit his victories.

Unfortunately haters are just part and parcel of success.
Yes sir, I understood. And that as a general rule it is indeed unfortunate. I think many more people however, hate on him for what he does outside the cage, and not inside.

Its pretty amazing how as an average fighter Aldo has managed to rack up that many wins over the course of his career

Its pretty amazing how as an average fighter Aldo has managed to rack up that many wins over the course of his career
MMA is a young sport, a lot of ex-wrestlers/grapplers with a few boxing classes to knock out

I was rooting for Aldo in that fight but when I saw him make his walkout I really started thinking Conor would win. Jose looked terrified, not nervous but terrified. I've never seen another fighter look like that before a fight.

then how you explain this? Aldo rushing in chin first with the same sloppy wild brawling combo against Mark Hominick and Kenny Florian:

1.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

note the inability to counter due to shitty footwork on the part of Hominick and Florian.

when he tried it against someone that can box:
HB9zBd.gif

Truth of the matter is Jose Aldo fought EXACTLY like himself and he got wrecked for it.
Jose was literally BEGGING to be countered his entire career. Anyone with good boxing would have SLEPT small sloppy kickboxer down flat much earlier in his career.

I've been saying this forever. People put WAAY too much weight on the trash talk...Aldo isn't the type of guy who was shook, just merely annoyed, and it didn't carry over into the cage.

Aldo has at least half the time initiated the exchanges....lunging forward or exploding in some crazy combo.

I was rooting for Aldo in that fight but when I saw him make his walkout I really started thinking Conor would win. Jose looked terrified, not nervous but terrified. I've never seen another fighter look like that before a fight.

It's the conditioning Conor put on YOU naive fans, nothing to do with Aldo's mental state. Aldo looked normal and fought as he always did.

then how you explain this? Aldo rushing in chin first with the same sloppy wild brawling combo against Mark Hominick and Kenny Florian:

1.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

note the inability to counter due to shitty footwork on the part of Hominick and Florian.

when he tried it against someone that can box:
HB9zBd.gif

Truth of the matter is Jose Aldo fought EXACTLY like himself and he got wrecked for it.
Jose was literally BEGGING to be countered his entire career. Anyone with good boxing would have SLEPT small sloppy kickboxer down flat much earlier in his career.

ALdo does take risks sometimes I'd agree although not that early during his recent career but I wouldn't say those situations are really THAT similar.

In both the gifs you both Aldo fakes a punch with one arm and then launches into a punch with the other arm that lands well on an opponent then carryings on advancing when his opponent is off balance backing up.

Against Conor he fully commits to the punch with his left, misses and then follows up with a right whilst advancing. The Conor gif is in realtime whilst the other two are slow mo but actually he had more time to time his counter against Aldo moving forward in a much more predictable way.

But has he ever rushed like that in the first 13 seconds?

Usually its well into a fight, after he has introduced other threats like kicks, takedowns, etc. So his opponent is already wary and has been forced to respect his abilities.

He went into a reckless boxing exchange with Conor right off the bat.

You can throw those combos when you have guys timing and reactions and know you can get away with it. Not so much as the first combo after standing directly in front of each other for 10 seconds with no feints or side movement. Chad threw plenty of sloppy shots at Conor and didn't get countered.
Still got ktfo

I wouldn't say Aldo is sloppy by any means. Conor's boxing is just next level. MMA fighters need to treat Conor like he is an elite pro boxer. They have to fear his hands like they would if they stood in front of any other pro boxer. They simply don't realize just how out gunned they are until its too late.

<36>

For most of his career, Aldo has been a very aggressive first round fighter, Conor is a better first round fighter.....

He has a bad striking coach, years of not correcting the fighter.

Yes sir, I understood. And that as a general rule it is indeed unfortunate. I think many more people however, hate on him for what he does outside the cage, and not inside.
I've always been of the opinion that Conor is a divisive personality, and it's perfectly fine to not like him, I just don't understand the people that allow those personal feeling warp reality regarding his fighting abilities.

Don't worry, since you're a fucking retard, I'll explain.

First gif: straight right hand, lead foot on the outside of opponent's lead foot, head off center, opponent covering up at the beginning of the motion, full extension = no mistake whatsoever.

Second gif: got fully in the inside before throwing, forced the opponent to retreat in order to counter, power of the counter taken away = little mistake with no consequence.

Third gif: lead foot on the outside of opponent's lead foot BUT head not off center, first strike PRECEDED by bad feint, lead hook (short range) vs counter rear straight (long range) = big mistake with bad repercussion.

TLDR: all 3 gifs have nothing in common.

Thanks for doing this public service. I probably won't be back in this thread because TS is a retard and I'll put him on my ignore list. But keep on, you're doing God's work. I don't have patience for this kind of shit anymore.

Yeah. He did exactly what he was supposed to do and got caught.
Move on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back