a lot of people claim that Jose Aldo didn't "fight like himself" against Conor

Meh, even Conor-adoring super-analyst Jack "THE GIF KING" Slack recognized Aldo hadn't fought "like himself".

"I find myself disappointed in Aldo, though probably not as much as he and his team are. When it was time to write Killing the King: Jose Aldo all the way back in February of 2013 we noted Aldo's overcommitment and tendency to lead with his face when punching, and also his lack of a competent jab, particularly in the bout against Mark Hominick. Lo and behold, Aldo comes out against Frankie Edgar with a new, sharp jab and the sprinting in face first has subsided completely. I had no reason to mention his habit for bending forwards at the waist or running onto punches again... until last night."

Anyone who had any legitimate understanding of the way Aldo fights was surprised by the way Aldo handed Conor his chin on a silver platter with regressive technique and so crazy early in the fight.

And to find another example of Aldo being that aggressive so early in a fight you have to reach HARD, waaaaaaaaaaaay back to Cub Swanson, 11 fights and 6 1/2 years ago. Dude hadn't even been a pro for 5 years at that point, let alone become champion, so using that example to show Aldo fighting "like himself" falls as flat on its face as Aldo did.

If you noticed in those fights Aldo hadn't developed a jab like he did in subsequent fights starting with the Edgar fight. Also those were at points in the fight where he felt comfortable throwing combos like that. When have you ever seen Jose start fights off throwing combos like that?

This guy gets it.

It's the conditioning Conor put on YOU naive fans, nothing to do with Aldo's mental state. Aldo looked normal and fought as he always did.

You must be blind if you thought Aldo looked normal in his walkout. He looked like he didn't want to be there. I've watched a lot his fights and therefore walkouts, he's never looked like that before that I've seen.

He has never fought Holloway,and frankies striking is poor

Frankie has long been said to have some of the best boxing in MMA from a technical standpoint. Not much power, but a very good striker.

Delusion.
Jose isn't that versatile in his striking at all. Same style of basic aggressive striking without good defense in each clip.
Nitpicking the small differences doesn't change that.

Guy gives breakdown of nuances and you come back with a response that offers no technical counter. Saying things doesn't make them true, especially when you don't have any actual insight regarding specifics. Damn you post a lot, but what do you contribute?

Frankie has long been said to have some of the best boxing in MMA from a technical standpoint. Not much power, but a very good striker.
Frankie was borderline KO's by Gray Maynard 5 times in 1 fight

he's the typical wrestler who can "box"

Half this site has pointed this out. Immediately after it happened it was obvious Aldo messed up throwing a very common combo he uses.

Guy gives breakdown of nuances and you come back with a response that offers no technical counter. Saying things doesn't make them true, especially when you don't have any actual insight regarding specifics. Damn you post a lot, but what do you contribute?

The point I made was that his post about "nuances" didn't change the fact that those clips still showed a similar style of aggressive striking with holes in Aldos defense.
His "nuances" did not disprove the OP.

Sorry that wasn't technical enough for you.

How can anyone tell, the fight was a one punch knockout

then how you explain this? Aldo rushing in chin first with the same sloppy wild brawling combo against Mark Hominick and Kenny Florian:

1.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

note the inability to counter due to shitty footwork on the part of Hominick and Florian.

when he tried it against someone that can box:
HB9zBd.gif

Truth of the matter is Jose Aldo fought EXACTLY like himself and he got wrecked for it.
Jose was literally BEGGING to be countered his entire career. Anyone with good boxing would have SLEPT small sloppy kickboxer down flat much earlier in his career.

You idiot. He doesnt open like that. Nobody argued Aldo doesn't throw the combination.

Delusion.
Jose isn't that versatile in his striking at all. Same style of basic aggressive striking without good defense in each clip.
Nitpicking the small differences doesn't change that.
Obviously never trained u neckbeard virgin lmao

You idiot. He doesnt open like that. Nobody argued Aldo doesn't throw the combination.
whenever he commited to a strike he was gonna get countered and slept

that's what happens when you are a short wild brawling "kickboxer"

Obviously never trained u neckbeard virgin lmao

I have trained before.
I'm clean shaven.
I get more ass than a toilet seat.

Now back on topic.

Jose absolutely throws that same combo in every frigging fight you ball sucking moron.
Bringing up insignificant differences between each clip doesn't change that Einstein.
"But,but his foot is 3 in further outside than in the other clip. It's totally different !!"
Pathetic.

Aldo is a very predictable MT style fighter who throws very similar combos while leaning his face forward in every fight.

Conor read him like a book and slept his ass. We have proof that Conor knew exactly how Aldo would come at him in the form of a pre fight video where Conor is practicing the exact counter that took Aldo's head off.

How did Conor know that ?
Is he truly Mystic Mac ?
Does he really predict dees dings ?

Or is it because Aldo isn't hard to figure out if you are a superior boxer like Conor ?

Hominick was a much better striker than people give him credit for.

I have trained before.
I'm clean shaven.
I get more ass than a toilet seat.

Now back on topic.

Jose absolutely throws that same combo in every frigging fight you ball sucking moron.
Bringing up insignificant differences between each clip doesn't change that Einstein.
"But,but his foot is 3 in further outside than in the other clip. It's totally different !!"
Pathetic.

Aldo is a very predictable MT style fighter who throws very similar combos while leaning his face forward in every fight.

Conor read him like a book and slept his ass. We have proof that Conor knew exactly how Aldo would come at him in the form of a pre fight video where Conor is practicing the exact counter that took Aldo's head off.

How did Conor know that ?
Is he truly Mystic Mac ?
Does he really predict dees dings ?

Or is it because Aldo isn't hard to figure out if you are a superior boxer like Conor ?

You legit have never dedicated yourself to learning striking.

Striking IS the game of inches. Your foot being a few inches to one direction or another can open or close alot of oppertunities. You are a fucking bullshitter and a moron.

LOL at these keyboard trainers.

If only aldo and his coaches would have listened to sherdog. Obviosuly they know more than a dominant champion and his coaches.

conor bless

Back