a lot of people claim that Jose Aldo didn't "fight like himself" against Conor

then how you explain this? Aldo rushing in chin first with the same sloppy wild brawling combo against Mark Hominick and Kenny Florian:

1.gif
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

note the inability to counter due to shitty footwork on the part of Hominick and Florian.

when he tried it against someone that can box:
HB9zBd.gif

Truth of the matter is Jose Aldo fought EXACTLY like himself and he got wrecked for it.
Jose was literally BEGGING to be countered his entire career. Anyone with good boxing would have SLEPT small sloppy kickboxer down flat much earlier in his career.
Don't worry, since you're a fucking retard, I'll explain.

First gif: straight right hand, lead foot on the outside of opponent's lead foot, head off center, opponent covering up at the beginning of the motion, full extension = no mistake whatsoever.

Second gif: got fully in the inside before throwing, forced the opponent to retreat in order to counter, power of the counter taken away = little mistake with no consequence.

Third gif: lead foot on the outside of opponent's lead foot BUT head not off center, first strike PRECEDED by bad feint, lead hook (short range) vs counter rear straight (long range) = big mistake with bad repercussion.

TLDR: all 3 gifs have nothing in common.

Last edited:
then how you explain this? Aldo rushing in chin first with the same sloppy wild brawling combo against Mark Hominick and Kenny Florian:

1.gif

note the inability to counter due to shitty footwork on the part of Hominick and Florian.

HB9zBd.gif

Truth of the matter is Jose Aldo fought EXACTLY like himself and he got wrecked for it.
Jose was literally BEGGING to be countered his entire career. Anyone with good boxing would have SLEPT small sloppy kickboxer down flat much earlier in his career.
The fight was 13 seconds how can anybody tell anything

1.gif

HB9zBd.gif

Difference between the Florian and Conor fights is he committed to the right hand instead of using it as a set up. But yeah, he fought like himself in that it's a combination he throws regularly. Difference is he didn't take any time to set it up. He came out very aggressive, which has not been a trademark of his UFC run. He'd be better off moving his head and using that jab of his. Still, Conor is a bad matchup. Jose needs to fight very smart to find success.

He made a career off beating people who were grapplers with minimal striking.

Edgar and Hominick do not have 'minimal striking', to name a few...

edited to remove Holloway, as Aldo has not fought him yet lol...brain freeze on my part :)

Last edited:
Aldo been fighting wrestlers who thought they were strikers his whole career!

Jokes

its ok conor is a sorcerer and aldo came in too hot

Imagine sitting cageside for that Aldo KO and seeing Aldo just fall like tree being chopped down like that

I think Bruce Buffers reaction was perfect

upload_2016-12-23_23-53-39.png

1.gif

HB9zBd.gif

Did you lose a bet with someone where the deal was that you had to make the shittiest threads possible?

First gif: straight right hand, lead foot on the outside of opponent's lead foot, head off center, opponent covering up at the beginning of the motion, full extension = no mistake whatsoever.

Second gif: got fully in the inside before throwing, forced the opponent to retreat in order to counter, power of the counter taken away = little mistake with no consequence.

Third gif: lead foot on the outside of opponent's lead foot BUT head not off center, first strike PRECEDED by bad feint, lead hook (short range) vs counter rear straight (long range) = big mistake with bad repercussion.

This guy gets it! Advanced stuff right there

Difference is everyone else was scared of Aldo and backed up which just worked out better for Aldo.

Conor stood his ground like a boss as always with balls of steel and threw a ridiculously timed counter.

Who else stays in the pocket like Conor ?

I don't get it, so you can call Aldo sloppy and it's ok.

Yet, if I criticize Conor for only beating sloppy fighters, I get called a hater.

So which is it, Conor beat a skilled fighter that night or Conor still hasn't fought anyone good yet?

Delusion.
Jose isn't that versatile in his striking at all. Same style of basic aggressive striking without good defense in each clip.
Nitpicking the small differences doesn't change that.

l

1.gif

HB9zBd.gif

Aldo always had poor form when throwing the right hand. He reaches in too far with it, leaving his head out past his front foot, open to counters. He has got away with it in the past because of his speed.

I never noticed, but it looks like Homininck catches him with the exact same counter too.
Just didn't have much power behind it.

Who you call a fucking retard, you fucking retard?

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mcgregor-is-going-to-get-molested-by-alvarez.3362175/

Try telling Cub Swanson that Aldo never comes ultra agressive straight outta the gate.

I never noticed, but it looks like Homininck catches him with the exact same counter too.
Just didn't have much power behind it.
Mark Hominick does catch him with the exact counter but he's too slow/plodding to do much with it

Back