A lot of Liberals online are claiming Rogue One is too violent to take your kids to.

The hell are you talking about? It was 100% directly designed for kids.

Quoted from Wiki :

"George Lucas stated that he feels there is a section of the fanbase who get upset with aspects of Star Wars because "the movies are for children but they don't want to admit that."

Lucas has said, MANY times, that Star Wars is designed for children and that's why some of it feels so cheesy... this is also why we have so many Star Wars cartoons out right now.
I remember being mindblown as a kid at empire. Luke and Leia siblings. Vader is dad. Han frozen. Vader cuts Luke's hand off. I lost a bit of childhood innocence after empire.

Quoted from Wiki :

"George Lucas stated that he feels there is a section of the fanbase who get upset with aspects of Star Wars because "the movies are for children but they don't want to admit that."

Lucas has said, MANY times, that Star Wars is designed for children and that's why some of it feels so cheesy... this is also why we have so many Star Wars cartoons out right now.

Not disputing who Star Wars is made for here but.. you realize just about anyone can edit a wiki page right? So, not exactly the best source to prove your point.

I'd say wiki is great for general knowledge of most things but not in depth or specific things.

compared to Empire Strikes Back???? Oh wait, that was way before SW movies started to suck dick
Um... yes, it's a lot worse than Empire Strikes Back imo. Not for its violence but because of the dark atmosphere overall and the fact that the good guys do some pretty terrible things. Anything else I say here will be spoiling the movie so I'll just stop here.

Quoted from Wiki :

Dude just wants to talk shit about liberals and sjws.

Dem git dern lerbrals.

Wouldn't the reason we have the MPAA rating system be because of republican puritanism?

Well the PMRC, a "think of the children!" group of political opportunists, was responsible for the "parental advisory" stickers on music media back in the day....they were Democrats.

Honestly, wouldn't it be more of a 'conservative' thing to bitch about something like this?
If War Room is any indicative, being conservative means being manly, edgy and badass these days. Or at least look as such.

Honestly, wouldn't it be more of a 'conservative' thing to bitch about something like this?

You would think so. Idk ts didn't provide any sources or evidence. Maybe he just assumes anyone that complains about something must be a liberal or sjw.

people always find shit to bitch about.

I guarantee if this movie wasn't dark, people would bitch that it wasn't violent enough, or too kiddy.

And the parent of year award goes to; the parents who don't want to expose their kids to violence but take them to see Star((((WARS))))

oooooooooooooo you anti-semite I'm telling

My daughter is 5 and we are seeing it today. My dad took me to reservoir dogs when I was 8 and everything worked out

Not disputing who Star Wars is made for here but.. you realize just about anyone can edit a wiki page right? So, not exactly the best source to prove your point.

I'd say wiki is great for general knowledge of most things but not in depth or specific things.

uKNBBiR.gif

Um... yes, it's a lot worse than Empire Strikes Back imo. Not for its violence but because of the dark atmosphere overall and the fact that the good guys do some pretty terrible things. Anything else I say here will be spoiling the movie so I'll just stop here.

Hold on, so not in violence....but that the good guys were questionable???? Isn't this the SJW narrative?

Hold on, so not in violence....but that the good guys were questionable???? Isn't this the SJW narrative?
That's just my opinion why I thought the movie was darker than the others. If labeling me a SJW because of it will make you feel better, by all means.

A lot of Liberals online are claiming Rogue One is too violent to take your kids to. I am watching it right now and it is just a normal Star Wars movie. Star Wars was never meant for kids. But kids like it so let them watch.
You have a source for this complaining or is it all in your head? Can't really tell right now, actually leaning towards the latter tbh.

That's just my opinion why I thought the movie was darker than the others. If labeling me a SJW because of it will make you feel better, by all means.

no, i am talking about the headline not you
seems like a storyline liberals would love so kind of weird to see them crying about it

It's rated PG13 so the parents can decide at what age they want their kids to see.

It's violence is more game like then life like I would imagine if it's like the others.

PG-13
symbol
  1. parents strongly cautioned, a rating in the Voluntary Movie Rating System indicating that some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.

no, i am talking about the headline not you
seems like a storyline liberals would love so kind of weird to see them crying about it

Mind you, that's just my opinion. It's been a long time since I watched any other Star Wars movies and I don't really remember how graphic the violence was. In this one, there is only one scene particularly nasty where a guy is blown up and chunks of meat fly everywhere, but nothing compared to the movies I watched when I was a kid.

Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal. As a child, violence in and of itself never particularly shocked or impressed me. I remember being a lot more impacted by Scar's betrayal and Mufasa's murder in The Lion King than any of the countless gruesome deaths I saw in most of Arnie's movies (who was my childhood hero).

Back