Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by F1980, Sep 14, 2020.

1. jeremyemilio Silver Belt

Well yes. All of this is true. (I might have a quibble with the idea that poor communities are "overly" policed. I think a lot of people in those communities would say they are under policed. But they are certainly improperly policed, so I'll go with it.)

The problem is, being able to give possible (probable) reasons for WHY the crime rate in black communities is significantly higher than in white communities is not the same as trying pretend that's a myth and that black people and white people engage crime at the same rate in America but black people are being jailed more for it.

It's a brutal misrepresentation that almost guarantees that the problem of over-incarceration of black people will never be solved.

skaleton and kenetics like this.
  2. Cuauhtemoc Silver Belt

I do not think it's only welfare. Wage increase has been almost zero for the working class of any race.
    Whites were at a higher level so they aren't fairing that badly but economic mobility has been very low starting in the 70s

skaleton and Kaliph of Kush like this.
  3. Brodels Yellow Card Yellow Card

Was behavior while in prison accounted for? I'm pretty sure judges don't hand out sentences in days. And if you go to prison you aren't going to be spending only a few months there that's what jail is for.

THE BOSS likes this.
  4. ElKarlo Steel Belt

Oh yes if course things got bad for everyone. But for blacks.it happened much earlier and during a continued economic expansion that was the 60s

5. ElKarlo Steel Belt

There is probably a lot to that. I agree. Even success is linked to that. Guys who are dumb and do dumb stuff and don't change tend to not do well.

Pullmyfinger likes this.
  6. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Double Yellow Card

I don't know about this assumption. Indians are often dark and are viewed just like Asians are. It's about noticing a pattern of behavior one would rather avoid. I immigrated to America awhile ago, went to a nice "diverse" school and the patterns are too obvious.

Pullmyfinger likes this.
  7. ElKarlo Steel Belt

Yes Indians usually though dark tend to hang with whites and Asians. As they avoid the behavior of others.
    Hispanics are all over the place and associate with various groups with varying outcomes.

Bob Sapp and The ScorpioN like this.
  8. Ready2Defend Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Black fathers not raising their kids is not a new phenomenon, nor one imposed by Europeans. Renowned Berber traveler Ibn Battuta wrote of it in the 1300's for fuck sake.

Bob Sapp and KnightTemplar like this.
  9. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Most Indians are dark but don't have frizzy curly short hair , and their features are not broad like Sub Saharan African features. They are very recent immigrants, so they enjoy all the progressive gains America has made and faced none of the historical animosity Blacks faced. Whites also do not have the kind of baggage with Indians that they have with Blacks. Indians in the US are a very self selected group, they are not the masses.

Looking past the US, Indians do face a lot of discrimination in large part because they are dark. Most of the discrimination is from fellow Indians / South Asians. Indians in the MiddleEast are looked down on , and a big part of the reason is the dark skin and features. Arabs/MidEastern people , in general, look down on South Asians. East Asians also discriminate against dark skinned Indians and darker East Asians. In most parts of the world, having dark skin is a handicap.

TheLastSpartan likes this.
  10. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Double Yellow Card

I'm talking about the phenotype, seems like you're picking arbitrary metrics there. I think behavior is much more salient than appearance.

Cubo de Sangre and Pullmyfinger like this.
  11. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

I am also talking about phenotype. I didn't say phenotype is the only reason, just that is an important reason.

Dark skin and broad features are generally scorned or not liked, but the US and North West European societies have taken steps towards mitigating this distate for dark skin , but ofcourse it still is a big factor. I believe Africans in general would have been treated better / viewed better if they weren't dark skinned and their features were more like Cushitic people than Bantus.

People who are short and or fat are also discriminated against, regardless of race. Certain phenotypes and body shapes do handicap people. Attractive and tall people have better opportunities and are treated better than fat or short people .

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  12. THE BOSS Purple Belt

Why about all the other countries?

13. Bob Sapp Black Belt

Exactly. I read somewhere a study that showed Nigerian Americans thriving in America. Theyre black and not being “oppressed”. Its just nonsense in 2020. Systemic racism was real at one point but not anymore, everyone has an opportunity to be something in life. Blacks have an advantage when it comes to universities and getting a job. No other race has that kind of privilege in 2020.

ElKarlo likes this.
  14. Bob Sapp Black Belt

I want evidence of this boogeyman which is “Systemic Racism”. Evidence in 2020, not from way back in the days. Who exactly is holding black Americans back and how? And why?

ElKarlo likes this.
  15. Cuauhtemoc Silver Belt

I wonder if the prejudice against Western African features, broad as you say, is the cause or the effect. Do people dislike these features because blacks are poor or are blacks poor, partly, because people dislike these features?

Well, on the bright side, western Africans are of average height, and many are very tall, and long limbed, usually lean too and with plenty of famous actors, athletes and personalities. I think it must suck to be one of these groups of really short people that are considered universally unattractive.
    I mean, on one hand you have Northern Europeans, rich, around 6', and on the other end of the spectrum you have 5', poor, exploited Pygmies. Or Peruvian natives. Or Indonesians.
    I think I'd rather, in terms of appearance, to look like your typical American Black, than a 5'2" Guatemalan. That is only valid for men, of course.

16. HunterAcosta Brown Belt

Just LOL x 100.

17. ElKarlo Steel Belt

Racism was bad. Affirmative action has been around for decades now. What do blacks want now? Turbo charged AA? I mean there's no reasonable answers coming from the left now. It's all racial nonsense

Bob Sapp likes this.
  18. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

It culminated in this, yet rioting persists. :D

[​IMG]

Bob Sapp likes this.
  19. ElKarlo Steel Belt

Not surprised. I'm from the same County. Been a bunch if elitist stupid white people for s long time there. Now they are basically asking forgiveness for racial guilt

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  20. Ramon Antonio Black Belt

Lol cry me a river dude. I never said anything about the cause for higher testosterone and the same holds true for your dumb Trump allegations. However, that doesn't make the fact that they're more likely to commit violence any less true. Just like how they're more vulnerable to prostate cancer.

If you pick at random from the population a black, Asian, and white male, the black male will be statistically more likely to have a criminal record. Simple statistics.