International A group of angry Chinese flag-waving CCP members confronts a British pianist. Mini diplomatic crisis ensues.

if you're asking if i was 100% of the time sure of what i was eating, the answer is no.
that_wasn_t_chicken_by_infinity1986_d12tw99-fullview.jpg

You can ask, but it doesn't mean anyone is forced to oblige.

If someone won't stop filming in a public space upon request, you can always leave the area.

But there's no good reason for escalation.

Of course. There is no legal imperative to do a lot of things in society. I don’t legally have to:

- take the shopping cart back after using it
- flush public toilets after using them
- say please and thank you when dealing with shopping staff

It’s not illegal to be a dickhead. I get that.

However, if your actions in society are making other people uncomfortable and it wouldn’t really be a big inconvenience to just politely agree to delete the footage that had the Chinese people on it, then you are deliberately being provocative.

He may legally be within his rights to film anyone and everyone, but that doesn’t make it morally right or conducive to a polite society.

No, it really isn't. This is fearmongering. The vast majority of Chinese people are not spies. They are just people working to provide for their families. We're living in the red scare 2.0. Propaganda is going to come out from both sides. We did the same shit to the Japanese, we should have learned our lesson.
Really? I thought the entire population were spies. All 1.4 billion of them.

Really? I thought the entire population were spies. All 1.4 billion of them.
People actually believe this though…. I know you’re joking but they’re not. That nice Chinese lady who hands you your takeout food is actually a CCP spy

The arrogance always blows me away lol

I’m always scared shitless to do anything when travelling. It must take a lot of balls to act aggressively in another country while travelling.
Damn right. I walk on egg shells and NEVER get loud with the natives. Seems most of the time they feel entitled to act the way they would in their own homeland.

Of course. There is no legal imperative to do a lot of things in society. I don’t legally have to:

However, if your actions in society are making other people uncomfortable and it wouldn’t really be a big inconvenience to just politely agree to delete the footage that had the Chinese people on it, then you are deliberately being provocative.

He may legally be within his rights to film anyone and everyone, but that doesn’t make it morally right or conducive to a polite society.

Don't agree with this.

If their footage is monetised, they're not being dickheads for filming perfectly innocently with no real repercussions for anyone.

Trying to impose your own feelings on others is very typical of dickheads, though, and if these weren't Asian people and you weren't trying to reach for a point, you'd definitely agree. I'm certain you are the type who doesn't like being told what to do based on some other persons emotions - especially when their explanation about image rights is a load of bollocks.

They didn't say that they were uncomfortable and asked if he could avoid it, they told him that he isn't allowed to do it and that they will take legal action if he doesn't stop. Trying to enforce Chinese law in the UK is clearly not the way to go about it.

This is the most ridiculous, non-story I’ve seen in years.

this fucking guy

the same guy that says he's willing to let this go

naw, he's milking it for all he's got (which isnt inherently wrong), I dont have to brink up his channel, but you can certainly click on it and see.

the thing is that, he says that the live stream is still up, but a little known fact is that you can make edits to past live streams, so his live stream has already been edited because there's footage out there on the interwebs, showing that the chinese dude standing in the background DID play on the piano during the live stream, and he's good for sure. The entire livestream is NOT there, what's left certainly puts these CCP folks in a bad light and at the same time, it's unfair to edit the video of only the incident and act as if that was the entirety of the exchange.

what's likely to have happened is that the chinese probably thought this was harmless fun until they found out this dude has millions of followers and they dont want any part of a soon to be popular video. And when you're filming for profit, you really do need to have disclaimers sent out, it's more tricky when it's a live feed, but it's just poor mannerism to film commercially and post online for a profit, without a waiver. It's one thing if this guy was a nobody, but he isnt, when you have 2M subs, you are youtube famous and you're doing this for a profit (he was getting donations in his live feed and this video has probably made him $30K in ad revenue). Big channels that do this often will blur out the face of those being interviewed, this is no different. The chinese asked him to delete, which he doesnt need to comply, because it's in the public realm, but I do believe he needs to blur their faces, which is way too late at this point.

This video got my jimmies all rustled. They don’t want to be filmed but come over and get in his video?

If this guy was in China and tried to tell them what to do they’d tell him to fuck off.

I lived as a foreigner in Europe and Asia.

I tried my best to respect my host country and their laws and customs. Sure, I had complaints but realized in the end I was only a visitor and they owed me nothing.

The balls on these people.

What many western news outlet is not explaining is that these Chinese tourists are not tourists at all. The man says he’s British and he actually has British citizenship. He is also a Chinese government employee working for the state television. That’s why they behave like that because they’re elite and there are examples of one young Chinese official’s son who ran over someone and killed them and he’s filmed by observers with their phones saying he’s father is a high ranking official therefore he will not be punished. He named his father so his dad got into a lot of trouble. Now, that’s arrogance. This was posted on chinese social media and there was an outcry even the “party” couldn’t ignore.

There was a news piece where the local police department wanted the western press to know the government cheated them of their investment in apartments. The irony is that the local officials used these same police officers to bully the local farmers to give up their land for the apartment developement. How they could admit to this shameless behavior while wanting news coverage they were being cheated out of their investment in these flats is ironic and sad.

It’s sad that China has developed economically but it’s important to understand the context that many have been indoctrinated with lies. They behave this way, because they’re government employees working in the TV media.

Typical lazy journalism.

The Chinese people weren't actually upset because they were on video and this wasn't a dispute about image rights.

They're in a really public place and there was a Japanese film crew there as well. Makes zero sense that they were actually upset about image rights.

It was just a pretext to be able to use the piano. They were trying to bully him so that he'd back down and they could use the piano and they could film.

It's typical CCP raised entitled Chinese FOB behavior. The dipshit escalated really aggressively with ulterior motives, then played the victim when the guy wouldn't acquiesce. This is the entire stream video where you can see the entire confrontation.

I will say the British guy was incorrect that this was a Communist flag, which is a yellow hammer and sickle. Their flag was yellow stars which is just the Chinese country flag.

Complete stream video.

Last edited:
I'm very cynical towards "viral" youtube videos from prolific "content creators", and especially after looking at his other videos.
If he didn't orchestrate it, he's certainly milking it.

I'm very cynical towards "viral" youtube videos from prolific "content creators", and especially after looking at his other videos.
If he didn't orchestrate it, he's certainly milking it.

He's definitely milking it.

But so is that Chinese girl who initially approached him. She's on Chinese social media trying to play the victim and attempting to get a following.

He's definitely milking it.

But so is that Chinese girl who initially approached him. She's on Chinese social media trying to play the victim and attempting to get a following.

No doubt. She wasn't already a prolific "content creator"?

Seems daft to me that an incident like this would get international attention, turning rude entitlement into a nationalist event, but regular protests by Falun Dafa outside the Confucius Institutes about the CCP harvesting their organs, along with Free Tibet, 8964 anniversaries and Hong Kong extradition protests, go largely ignored.

Back