Opinion A Democrat voter attends a Trump rally.

Why is it always Democrats going to see what the other side thinks and trying to bridge the gap to promote more humanist values?
I see articles like this all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you never see the reverse.

Why is it always Democrats going to see what the other side thinks and trying to bridge the gap to promote more humanist values?
I see articles like this all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you never see the reverse.

How high are you right now?

Democrats literally exist is their safe space and reject any facts that contradict it.

Just look at the left pretending Joe Biden isn’t suffering from the early stages of dementia.

How high are you right now?

Democrats literally exist is their safe space and reject any facts that contradict it.

Just look at the left pretending Joe Biden isn’t suffering from the early stages of dementia.

I think by 'going to see what the other side thinks' he means to antagonize, patronize and kick and scream. That and his high is peaking.

Furthermore, the top 1% earners contribute more in total revenue than the bottom 90% combined. Aside from the article admitting its conclusions are flawed and ill founded, it doesn’t even address this fundamental point.
If the top 1% contribute that much it sounds like we have an oligarchy. The US used to have a strong middle class that drove this country. Now the people we elect take a shit load of money from that 1% so the system can be gamed for that 1%.

We have known this for years. Almost all the happy, productive, married guys on here are conservative and almost all the well known lefty posters are angry single losers.

The MAGA movement is a big, fun successful party. The other side are always miserable and wringing their hands worrying about this or that.

You're a joke and a liar.

If the top 1% contribute that much it sounds like we have an oligarchy. The US used to have a strong middle class that drove this country. Now the people we elect take a shit load of money from that 1% so the system can be gamed for that 1%.
Well I guess you could raise the top tax rate so that top 1% could game the system even more?

Well I guess you could raise the top tax rate so that top 1% could game the system even more?
I just want our elected officials to represent every voter not 1% of the voters. Is asking for a level playing field too much?

You sound unemployed and lazy. It’s not Trump’s job to hand out more money to you.

Why not? His administration hands out money willy nilly to farmers and oil companies? To the tune of tens of billions of dollars.

You sound unemployed and lazy. It’s not Trump’s job to hand out more money to you.
Typical response. A working American citizen could never possibly be a non supporter of Trump. Am I correct? Pull his dick out of your mouth. Next response is "if ya don't like Trump the get out!!!!!" .... There. You don't even have to respond now

A conservative or supporters of the President would be more likely to get assaulted verbally and/or physically if they attempted this.

Man, you fucking nailed it.

Most Trump supporters like myself are family men just focused on our children’s future.
Wow, that's quite the assumption basing your thought on zero facts or any data.

I am a Canadian centrist (which makes me a raging communist by American standards) and married with 3 kids at home. Most of my friends are married with multiple children and are of similar political affiliation as me. Even my friends in the U.S.

A very good read.

The writer of this articles says, "What if my perception of the other side is wrong?"
I actually believe this to be very true. Most people imo simply aren't exposed to anything good about Trump, or any of the successes he's achieved since becoming the President.
Most of the media is totally hateful of Trump so obviously all stories on him start off from that mindset. People hear awful things about him, some exaggerated things, and some things that are actually made up. This is not only from the media but also members of the Democrat party. They lie, and they lie by omission also. The media is dishonest, and the Democrat Party is dishonest.

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/02/wa...realizes-thats-where-happy-normal-america-is/
I am Canadian and don't particularly care about the US election.

But the media is a joke nowdays. CNN and FOX are both lying, misinforming shitholes that try their hardest to take things out of context to get a "win" for their side.

I was at a pizza place last night and CNN was on. The blond newslady spent about 30 minutes lambasting Trump and all republicans. 30 minutes criticizing everything he did, using partial audioclips and commenting. Talking about what an embarrassment he was. One critique she threw out was "how dare he use this disastrous time for politicking instead of doing the responsible thing and making the public aware of how deadly this COVID outbreak is"

and my first thought was. "you just wasted a half hour of my time politicking for the left wing about how bad trump and republicans are and gave zero useful information about COVID in that half hour". Im pretty sure it went on all night like that, with maybe 5 minutes per hour of useful information.

All they wanted to do was jump on the character assassination train.

Anytime I turn on Fox news? Same shit, different side.

Neither side is interested in telling whole truths and letting the public decide. Everything is designed to make the other side look bad and have people jump on half truths and take speeches out of context.

This is why I stick to my local CTV news. They just give you the facts, don;t give a fuck about swaying your opinion with half truths and omissions. They let you form your own opinion. And they make fun of CNN and FOX for what they do every now and then.

Exactly this. The happiest people are leftists because we are satisfied with our lives and have means to help people. Someone else getting something doesn’t make me angry because I have all I want.

Righties hate when people get stuff for “free” because they are so unhappy with their own lives. They need someone to blame for the fact their lives suck. Lefties are happy for everyone.

I met with my finance guy the other who is a Christian conservative and in a liberal atheist. We somehow started talking politics and he starting talking about guns. He was shocked that I’m pro 2nd and I have no issue with good people owning firearms. He was also shocked I’m not for “open borders” because nobody is.

I left the conversation thinking, wow, as a leftist I have molded and changed my opinions over time to see the big picture and I now agree with the right on some thing. I also thought, wow, this Christian didn’t budge on anything like I did. The left takes things issue by issue and the right generally is lock step with their side.

I met with my finance guy the other who is a Christian conservative and in a liberal atheist. We somehow started talking politics and he starting talking about guns. He was shocked that I’m pro 2nd and I have no issue with good people owning firearms. He was also shocked I’m not for “open borders” because nobody is.

I left the conversation thinking, wow, as a leftist I have molded and changed my opinions over time to see the big picture and I now agree with the right on some thing. I also thought, wow, this Christian didn’t budge on anything like I did. The left takes things issue by issue and the right generally is lock step with their side.

Pretty much this.

Thread is about looking at at other side of the political spectrum as fellow humans and this moron comes in swinging (again, hitting nothing but his own hot air) at the other side right away.

Pathetic.

So a triggered lib bumped this thread because it said something that we already knew? That Democrats are sheltered, sensitive cuck's that instead of understanding the other side they would rather stay in their safe space circle jerks in their parents basements. You don't say.

Just see this page as evidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back