Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Opinion A Democrat voter attends a Trump rally.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Feb 14, 2020.

1. squeezewax Black Belt

A very good read.

The writer of this articles says, "What if my perception of the other side is wrong?"
    I actually believe this to be very true. Most people imo simply aren't exposed to anything good about Trump, or any of the successes he's achieved since becoming the President.
    Most of the media is totally hateful of Trump so obviously all stories on him start off from that mindset. People hear awful things about him, some exaggerated things, and some things that are actually made up. This is not only from the media but also members of the Democrat party. They lie, and they lie by omission also. The media is dishonest, and the Democrat Party is dishonest.

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/02/wa...realizes-thats-where-happy-normal-america-is/

2. Bald1 War Room Can

Good read.

"But until we start seeing each other as human beings, there will be no bridging the divide. I refuse to be a part of the divisiveness any longer. I refuse to hate people I don’t know simply because they choose to vote for someone else. If we’re going to heal the country, we have to start taking steps toward one another rather than away."

3. Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

"I’m not going to say it didn’t get to me a bit. When everyone around you is nervous for your safety, it’s hard not to question if they have a point. But it also made me more determined to see it through, because it was a stark reminder that both sides view each other exactly the same way. They are both afraid of the other side and what they are capable of. I couldn’t help but think that if they could just see the world through the lens of the other for a moment or two, it would be a stark revelation that they don’t know as much as they think they do."

What a profound statement here, within this great write up. Good example of why the #Walkaway movement has been so important these past few years.

4. ObamaPhoneLady Banned Banned

We have known this for years. Almost all the happy, productive, married guys on here are conservative and almost all the well known lefty posters are angry single losers.

The MAGA movement is a big, fun successful party. The other side are always miserable and wringing their hands worrying about this or that.

5. xcvbn Gold Belt

I get along fine with MAGA coworkers and friends irl

We disagree on things- sometimes by a wide margin- but we all believe we’re doing the right thing. End of the day we all work hard and want to provide for ourselves and our families. We also want our local communities to thrive

It’s important to have conversations with people in real life

6. xcvbn Gold Belt

Btw this is where the media has been a complete and utter failure at best, complicit in the country’s division at worst

We don’t hear stories about Trump supporters as being relatable real people from liberal media and we don’t hear stories about left or moderate Dems as relatable real people from right wing media

Unfortunately as long as media is 90% corporate owned I don’t see this changing

7. bobgeese Gold Belt

<WellThere>

8. Limit Smasher Brown Belt

Man, you fucking nailed it.

Most Trump supporters like myself are family men just focused on our children’s future.

9. Stoic1 I bring the memes

The crushing truth about my boy @HomeCheese.

10. forum poster Brown Belt

I've read dozen's of (well, not dozens but whatevs) of "Liberal goes to speak with Republicans" articles. Especially in the Rust belt. I'd to like to see more of the reverse actually. Plus, more than half my friends are pretty right wing so I understand them. Amazing guys and some of my best mates. They're loyal to people in their circle of friends, but their circle of empathy just doesn't expand beyond that. Liberal city social progressives view low income rural folk as a different kind of species worth studying. The rural Trump fans also view city dwelling liberals as another species as well. That's the biggest divide in the US imo.

11. 7437 Banned Banned

The media isn't failing, that simply is not a priority. Under capitalism, they have to make as much mkne thg as possible, so most media is inflammatory on purpose. That's what people like.

12. tonni 2019 Snitch of the Year

Hahahaha

13. VivaRevolution Banned Banned

They should let me write this article.

"So yeah, I talk to conservatives all the time, in real life, and discuss politics. I wasn't surprised at all by what I saw, just regular people with ideas I disagree with.'

End story.

14. SalvadorCollie Purple Belt

Was happily surprised to hear my department complaining about the Democratic left sensitivity. I’ve always sat in the middle until the past couple years, glad I’m not the only one leaning to the right.

freedom of speech only thrives in one direction. My department is so non caring politically the upcoming election looks promising based on input.

ya’ll should read Ben Shapiro’s book on Barack Obama.

15. calavera2 Green Belt

"Now, Trump is always going to present the best case he can. And yes, he lies. This is provable. But the strength of this rally wasn’t about the facts and figures. It was a group of people who felt like they had someone in their corner, who would fight for them."

So yhea it's about the feels; which was obvious cause if you talk facts well then things just get pretty ugly pretty fast

16. SalvadorCollie Purple Belt

You sticking up for Democrats or Obama? Because Obama drew a line in the sand in the Middle East, and An Embassy was attacked and he didn’t retaliate. He didn’t react to it. Trump stands up to a slap in the face, Obama may have shrugged off a few burning American bodies and pretended it didn’t happen, but far as I can tell Trump defends our country.

like I said, I’m no Republican, but dammit if I’m not leaning that way.

as long as we aren’t targeting innocents, I’m behind the current Pres.

17. calavera2 Green Belt

Facts don't care about your feelings. That was a quote from the article. You are free to vote how you please but don't lie to yourself or lie about captain bone spurs

18. SalvadorCollie Purple Belt

not pretending Donald is a saint, he’s a prick, but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t beat the alternative.

19. calavera2 Green Belt

I think you meant to say that the pre cumming prick is still better than a Democrat which is a silly argument to make about a pre cumming prick

20. SalvadorCollie Purple Belt

Who wo
    just so everyone else knows, there was no collusion, I don’t know what he’s talking about.