• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A burglar tried to break into Tim Kennedy’s house in the middle of the night a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's as legit as they come, but I've also always gotten a creepy ego maniac/sociopath vibe from Tim, the kind of guy that joins the special forces not from some noble sense of duty but for the glory of it and for the ability to try and impress everyone with it.

The fact that he was the most outspoken fighter about PEDs and went after people's reputations but was clearly using PEDs himself should tell you what kind of person he is.

Great response.

I've watched a lot of his substantive interviews (JRE and Jocko podcast, for example) and I do not at all disagree with you. He is clearly unhinged. Based on the way he speaks, he seems to legitimately love combat and killing "bad guys". I don't have a problem with that, as I imagine we need men like that defending the Western world. The world is a pretty awful place, where awful things happen every day. It takes a special kind of person to revel in confronting that directly.

I also agree with you that he is an obvious PED user (despite Jocko and Tim's arguments to the contrary). That does not detract from his insane physical abilities (he still needs to do the work) and I don't have any personal issues with PED use (also, to my mind - I want western soldiers to be superhuman).

That said... there is no question (as you say) that he's as legit as they come. Tim Kennedy is a man I would absolutely want to have on my side in a do or die situation. I just can't fathom some internet goof commenting offhand that Kennedy "thinks" he's a badass, when he's quite literally as bad as they come and has also answered the call (repeatedly) to defend our freedom. Whether or not Kennedy may want everyone else to know what he's repeatedly proven may be a separate issue.

Cheers!
I think its hard to assess why he joined based on his behavior after combat experience. In my opinion a lot if his behavior, or bravado, is how he copes. Combat effects everyone differently.

I think its hard to assess why he joined based on his behavior after combat experience. In my opinion a lot if his behavior, or bravado, is how he copes. Combat effects everyone differently.

Legit perspective my friend.

What kind of professional criminal robs a house at 4am without checking if anyone's home first? (The pro's pose as workers and do it during the day)
What kind of professional criminal checks two doors to see if they're unlocked?
What kind of professional criminal doesn't notice security cameras?
What kind of professional criminal doesn't notice the alarm system signs?
<seedat>

This. All of this. A cat burglar might sneak into a house with its occupants in it to steal one specific item. Nobody is just gonna come wandering into a home at 4am to bumble around in the dark and hopefully find an X-Box lying around. Give me a break.

I don’t know, but Tim doesn’t strike me as the kinda dude who needs to make up stolen valor to seem like a badass. I’m sure the full story will come out soon

And Jussie Smollet didn't need to fake a hate crime to make some decent money

Everyone just trying to go viral these days

"...how badass he thinks he is..."

Why would you say that? Are you ignorant, or just retarded?

Special Forces Ranger. Sniper. Sniper Instructor. Combat Instructor. Multiple deployments. Bronze Star with V-device (for valor in combat).

BJJ Black Belt.

30-1 in amateur MMA

18-6 in Pro MMA (with fights occurring between deployments).

Ridiculous physical strength & conditioning (I say this as a 40-year-old, lifelong strength & conditioning enthusiast). His workouts are insane.

Host of Hard to Kill, where he frequently endures significant hardship and demonstrates feats of prodigious courage and skill.

The man is, without question, a certified badass. In fact, I would suggest he is an apex badass. Yet you feel entitled to sit in judgment of this man...

Please, regale us with tales of your comparative impressive feats of strength, skill, valor, sacrifice, endurance, courage and contribution.

You're a fucking idiot dude. Straight-up.

No. If you feel the need to constantly big up yourself you aren’t a badass. You merely possess many of the traditional characteristics of a badass, in a desperate douche bag’s body (and mind).

And Jussie Smollet didn't need to fake a hate crime to make some decent money

Everyone just trying to go viral these days

Ding ding ding. The old “why would X do Y” reasoning just doesn’t apply anymore. There’s a new type of currency in town.

This. All of this. A cat burglar might sneak into a house with its occupants in it to steal one specific item. Nobody is just gonna come wandering into a home at 4am to bumble around in the dark and hopefully find an X-Box lying around. Give me a break.
You had a lot of experience with burglaries?

Who are you? Kennedy? Friend of Kennedy? His dumbass business partner who came up with this? This is advanced damage control. Props man well done. You seem very knowledgeable and invested about the entire situation.
You ok?

I thought usage followed him to his driveway and he got out of his car with a gun?

Where did you get the idea most burglaries are committed by people wearing disguises and carrying tools? Robberies yes, burglaries no. I dont think ive ever done a burglary report where we had a guy wearing any disguise. Most of them are pretty straight forward too. They just smash a window or door open and go in. No bags of gear to gain access. Maybe some blunt instrument or a lock on a bandana or something.

People have these ideas of what criminals are like from watching CSI, then when real life doesn't match they're image they think it's staged.

Edit: im also curious why you believe his house is "super safe" and the criminal can't get in. Tim may very well have extra security measures, door braces and shatter proof windows maybe....but maybe not. Most houses without spending extra on security are very easy to break into.
Did you read his post? Do you follow Tim Kennedy? He made it clear in the most he doesn't have cheap doors and windows, he clearly has security cameras. Anyone that has ever heard of him knows how he protects himself and his family Do you think he does all of this stuff and his house is still unsafe and easy to get into?

If what he's saying about this is true he has motion sensor lights, security cameras, home alarms, and he has windows and doors that are harder to break into. You've never had a bulgary where someone put on a ski mask? Never had someone try to put a hood up so you can't see their face? Every one you've ever run into they just walked up no gloves ,no hammer, nothing to help get inside?

And he'll tell you all about it in his class! Let me see, I forgot what that cost...

Respect the hustle, Tim.

"...how badass he thinks he is..."

Why would you say that? Are you ignorant, or just retarded?

Special Forces Ranger. Sniper. Sniper Instructor. Combat Instructor. Multiple deployments. Bronze Star with V-device (for valor in combat).

BJJ Black Belt.

30-1 in amateur MMA

18-6 in Pro MMA (with fights occurring between deployments).

Ridiculous physical strength & conditioning (I say this as a 40-year-old, lifelong strength & conditioning enthusiast). His workouts are insane.

Host of Hard to Kill, where he frequently endures significant hardship and demonstrates feats of prodigious courage and skill.

The man is, without question, a certified badass. In fact, I would suggest he is an apex badass. Yet you feel entitled to sit in judgment of this man...

Please, regale us with tales of your comparative impressive feats of strength, skill, valor, sacrifice, endurance, courage and contribution.

You're a fucking idiot dude. Straight-up.
giphy.gif

"No help is coming and no help came"

WTF means this rambling? Did he call the police or not? If he called the police would have gone to investigate , no way they are going to ignore a call, if he didn't call , How the "help" could come?

Talk about shitty fucking luck for the burglar.

Outside robbing the Whitehouse, this was probably the worst house to try to break into

Dude is a total fraud.
I love how he manages to post 3 blurry terrible still images but somehow can't manage to get a video clip. And why is the 3rd photo in color and not the others? Did someone take that one? Hell it barely even looks like the same guy in the different locations lol.
Also what is he doing up at 3:50am watching his security cams?

My cameras have a motion alarms that send notifications to my phone and it's a super cheap system. He may have normal exterior motion detectors too.

Real military types are all about force multipliers and stuff that lets you know someone is coming before they think you could possibly be watching is a big one.

That actor of a crook was planted to help sell the defense training. I mean who da f is up at that hour to watch security footage

Did you read his post? Do you follow Tim Kennedy? He made it clear in the most he doesn't have cheap doors and windows, he clearly has security cameras. Anyone that has ever heard of him knows how he protects himself and his family Do you think he does all of this stuff and his house is still unsafe and easy to get into?

If what he's saying about this is true he has motion sensor lights, security cameras, home alarms, and he has windows and doors that are harder to break into. You've never had a bulgary where someone put on a ski mask? Never had someone try to put a hood up so you can't see their face? Every one you've ever run into they just walked up no gloves ,no hammer, nothing to help get inside?
Fair point on the doors an Windows. Alarms and lights are nothing though.

As far as ski mask and such...ive never once seen someone commit a burglary to a residency with a ski mask. Ever. Hoods up, sure. More than 90% of our burglaries that have surveillance footage they are wearing no disguise ir mask.

Literally every day my department sends out "Attempt to ID" emails with still shots of theft/burglary suspects with their fave unobstructed at all. I've seen some with a crow bar or something. Over 70% arm empty handed. Doesn't mean they don't have something in their pocket to smash a window.

You asked if I have ever seen this. That's beside the point. My argument is that these people saying a burglary suspect would definitely have a mask, definitely have tools, definitely not be in a nice neighborhood, definitely not be at 4am...are ridiculous arguments and just plain wrong. These things people think always happen, usually dont happen.

Wearing a ski mask and carrying a hammer draws attention. This is a good reason to carry something you can fit in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back