A bunch of random facts about Chuck Liddell taken from his book.

looks like Randy Couture and Jens Pulver sorta got the more "juicy" bits in their books.

IIRC Randy talks about how the guy he thought was his step-father was really his sister's biological dad and Pulver's abusive childhood. Tito talks about his family a little bit, too.

i wonder what BJ Penn's is like. friend of mine said Forrest Griffin's book is good too.

thanks man, Chuck's book is the one with the least juice but overall these threads of yours are awesome.

Are there any vids of Chucks kickboxing fights or is it like Igor, forever lost.

His top 5 favorite fighters to watch: #5 Antonio Banuelos, #4 Glover Texeira, #3 GSP, #2 BJ Penn and #1 Matt Hughes.

Didn't he baically diss GSP shortly before GSP's fight with Johny saying he plays it safe ect.?

I'll never read the book so thanks for this TS. Does he ever shed light on his (alleged) drug habits?

Also, fuck Anderson Silva money, give me that Chuck Liddell money.

Thanks for the notes. Some interesting stuff in there, but surprisingly the most boring of them so far

I agree. It's because he refuses to write anything negative about other people or give behind the scenes stories. It's all about his fighting life and pretty straight forward.

Which was your favorite book?

#1 Gary Goodridge. #1 is an easy choice because he gave so much behind the scenes drama and was willing to admit negative things about himself and others too.

#2 Tito. A lot of insight into both his personal life and fighting life. His is the only book that gave good insight into upbringing and personal life.

#3 Ken Shamrock. Ridiculously bias and written in a way to make Shamrock look beyond human. If you can look past all that superficial BS the author puts emphasis on, it's an interesting book with insight into Shamrock's fighting life.

#4 Chuck Liddell. His book offers little insight into his personal life and what he says about his fighting life is written in a pretty straight forward somewhat boring way. Very matter-of-fact. He doesn't say anything that would be insulting to anyone (except Tito) and goes out of his way to give praise to Dana White and the UFC.

Last edited:
Didn't he baically diss GSP shortly before GSP's fight with Johny saying he plays it safe ect.?

The book was put out after his fight with Wanderlei, so it's been over 5 years. Also IMO he's possibly bias with his #4 & #5 because in the book he said he was training with those guys.

Thanks for this again TS, always love these threads.

Cheers.

What book are you planning on reading next?

I won't be reading any more MMA books until late August at the earliest, so I hope you've enjoyed these! The local libraries don't carry MMA books so I have to buy them. I already bought another 20+ non-MMA books and won't be spending money on books again until later this year.

Books from Big John McCarthy, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Chael Sonnen, BJ Penn, and possibly Brock Lesnar are on my radar for future reads.

Funny that his first contract is nearly no different than today entry level UFC fighters offered contract. When you take into account inflation, its only a 3.6K difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back