A bunch of random facts about Chuck Liddell taken from his book.

nice name ts. dream fight of mine that never happened

Thanks. It's a fight I'd have loved to see, especially in 2003. I remember rumors of it being the final fight @ Pride 34. There was even a poster for it going around online at the time.

Cool read! I always like reading those behind the scenes scenarios. Chuck with 5 women, good for him.

Chuck's book is a pretty good read. Unlike Hughes' book, Chuck doesn't try to convince you that he's anything but what he is and doesn't try to justify his behavior.

This thread may be the worst advertisement for a book I've ever read.

I'm suprised Chuck was ever lucid enough to write a book. Good shit none the less, very interesting to see what the life of these people are like.

99% of these athlete books aren't actually written by them. They basically sit in a room while they discuss their life with the real author. The author then writes the book from the athlete's point of view.

99% of these athlete books aren't actually written by them. They basically sit in a room while they discuss their life with the real author. The author then writes the book from the athlete's point of view.

This is true with celebrities too. I'm a huge fan of Howard Stern and when celebrities come in to promote their book he'll typically ask them, "Did you read your book yet?" Almost all insist that they wrote it themself. A few actually admit that they didn't read it it. A few recent examples that come to mind are Jason Ellis admitting basically what you wrote, that he was extensively interviewed and the interviewer wrote it for him. He hadn't even read the book at the time he was promoting it. Tom Sizemore also admitted that he hadn't read his book when he was promoting it on the show.

This is true with celebrities too. I'm a huge fan of Howard Stern and when celebrities come in to promote their book he'll typically ask them, "Did you read your book yet?" Almost all insist that they wrote it themself. A few actually admit that they didn't read it it. A few recent examples that come to mind are Jason Ellis admitting basically what you wrote, that he was extensively interviewed and the interviewer wrote it for him. He hadn't even read the book at the time he was promoting it. Tom Sizemore also admitted that he hadn't read his book when he was promoting it on the show.

I love Stern, too. Those questions usually pop up when he asks them a question regarding something written in the book, and they act clueless, haha

I remember reading that book in 08-09 and really digging it

Well when you nick name is ICE MAN you better be cool :wink:

cool1.jpg~320x480

I'm sure I've heard Dana talking about the time he walked in on Chuck in his hotel room with all the girls. Hilarious story.

UFC needs more characters like Chuck. The ultra professional athlete bores me.

Books from Big John McCarthy, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Chael Sonnen, BJ Penn, and possibly Brock Lesnar are on my radar for future reads.

I didn't mind the Randy Couture book. I was extremely disappointed with the Brock Lesnar book though - it's been a couple years since I read it, but if I remember correctly it was approximately 80% about his pre-MMA life (which I probably should have expected.

If your not a WWE fan, there's no real point reading it.

lol the memories. I bought this book back in 08 and it's quick and easy to read. Enjoyed it alot. I miss the days when I was THAT into mma.

i wonder what BJ Penn's is like. friend of mine said Forrest Griffin's book is good too.

Dude, Forrest's "Got Fight" is awesome. It's seriously funny and got some good bits of behind the scenes stuff too, and just how to be a man kinda stuff. I highly recommend it.

Also, has anyone read BJ's book? I wanna know what all he's got to say

Back