A barrage of significant strikes landed by Reyes in round 2

See the thing is even though a lot of them didn't land, the argument people are using for Jones winning is that he showed more aggression and octagon control even though the most aggression in the round was that moment

So either way you look at it, Reyes clearly took that round
No. Jon landed and controlled the fight.
Reyes missed running forward.

No. Jon landed and controlled the fight.
Reyes missed running forward.

Yet Reyes landed more in the first 3 rounds. Jon should have controlled the fight more to the point were he wasn’t getting hit more than Reyes

Those were the only 20 seconds of the fight when Reyes was running after and not from Jones.

Every time Reyes came forward with combinations (which he did regularly in those first three rounds), Jones bailed without attempting any counters whatsoever. This is a well-established Jackson-Wink maneuver at this point: arms out, backpedal, throw nothing back, ever.

At least Sanchez flailed like a madman when Kampmann threw strikes, hence giving retarded judges some grounds for awarding him the decision based on ‘aggression’.

I bet a lot of those air punches counted as significant strikes

With Joe Rogan screaming in the background!
Joe-Rogan-7-696x399.png

<\Sarcasm off>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes yes... Reyes ALMOST KILLED JON MISSING, OOPS, HITTING ALL THOSE SHOTS!!
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

But, of course, if Rogan screams like a crazy f..., I mean, bitch, someone is being killed, as always. His screams ALWAYS say something...
...Said no one ever.

Last edited:
huurdurrr Reyes is taking the fight to Jones though. Jones is running away duuurrrr

that’s what all the Jones nuthuggers who think Jon easily won the fight sound like.

It's okay to think Jones won a razor thin decision. They really need to rematch.

It's okay to think Jones won a razor thin decision. They really need to rematch.
this is totally fine w/ me, to be fair. i gave 1, 2, 3 to Reyes quite clearly, but i didn’t lose any sleep over Jones squeaking out a 48-47. Reyes even made the 4th a little dicey by hurting Jones in the eye area early, but just didn’t capitalize enough as the round progressed. i think anyone saying Jon clearly won the fight needs to get a MRI.

the 49-46 is absolute trash garbage, ofc. the judge who scored it 49-46 posted the Texas judging criteria & it directly contradicts what actually happened in the fight. dude is fucking clueless.

i’m fine w/ a rematch, but i think Reyes muffed his chance to solidify it once he got on the mic after the fight. at this point i’d rather see Jones/Izzy or Jones/Stipe. maybe let Reyes pick up a win against the winner of Anderson/Blachowicz if he doesn’t push hard enough for that immediate rematch.

That was Reyes only moment for that round. For the last 3 minutes he didn't throw shit.

I unfortunately agree with this and i don't like Jon Jones. I remember watching that round and saying to my brother "Reyes threw that round away"

It was a close round, and maybe if Reyes had one more flurry towards the end of the round he would have had it. But no, he circled away for the last 3-4 minutes of that round while pot shotting with Jones who kept stalking him.

Every time Reyes came forward with combinations (which he did regularly in those first three rounds), Jones bailed without attempting any counters whatsoever. This is a well-established Jackson-Wink maneuver at this point: arms out, backpedal, throw nothing back, ever.

At least Sanchez flailed like a madman when Kampmann threw strikes, hence giving retarded judges some grounds for awarding him the decision based on ‘aggression’.
This. Jon doesn’t fight. He uses his large frame to throw putter patter and run anytime someone gets in range. No combos, no counters, just frame and run. He’s done this in multiple fights and it’s also why he struggles with guys his size. Only reason he hasn’t been taken out is because his chin and head movement.

What were you on during the fight. What about when he rocked Jon and made him panic wrestle?
What was I doing? Watching Reyes run his way to a loss. He was worse than Carlos Condit against Diaz. I think we need to name Reyes "The New Running Man"

It was like when Poirier landed one half decent shot on Khabib then chased after him swinging at air. Commentators and fans start getting hard.

But the replay shows that nearly everything was evaded, blocked or rolled with. And the energy spent in that flurry ultimately cost Poirier/Reyes the rest of the round.

this is totally fine w/ me, to be fair. i gave 1, 2, 3 to Reyes quite clearly, but i didn’t lose any sleep over Jones squeaking out a 48-47. Reyes even made the 4th a little dicey by hurting Jones in the eye area early, but just didn’t capitalize enough as the round progressed. i think anyone saying Jon clearly won the fight needs to get a MRI.

the 49-46 is absolute trash garbage, ofc. the judge who scored it 49-46 posted the Texas judging criteria & it directly contradicts what actually happened in the fight. dude is fucking clueless.

i’m fine w/ a rematch, but i think Reyes muffed his chance to solidify it once he got on the mic after the fight. at this point i’d rather see Jones/Izzy or Jones/Stipe. maybe let Reyes pick up a win against the winner of Anderson/Blachowicz if he doesn’t push hard enough for that immediate rematch.

Amen. I just think through pressure and defense you could award Jones one of those close early rounds. I had him soundly winning the fourth and fifth. It isn't this mind bogglingly bad robbery that everyone is having a breakdown over. I think a rematch is in order, but if Jones moves up, I'm all for putting it off.

With Joe Rogan screaming in the background!
Joe-Rogan-7-696x399.png

<\Sarcasm off>

He landed 2, maybe three of those punches. Not the best sequence to spotlight Reyes’ striking.
Jones 2,4,5

Back