5 - Average
4 - Poor

Last edited:
Quick remarks

1. Godfather - 10/10

Fav scene: Michael at the restaurant
Least fav: Sonny's missed punch

2. Godfather 2 - 10/10

My fav of the 2 to rewatch. Pacino, Duvall and De Niro arguably give the best performances of both movies here. Brando would be the other. Talia gives arguably her best performance of her career, between this and Rocky. The ending is just as perfect as the first film, but the first films ending was still better. There are no flaws in this movie that I have ever found.

3. Apocalypse Now - 9/10

I've seen this movie maybe 5 times and it gets better every time I see it. I watched the redux version today and I wasn't a fan of the plantation scene. I prefer the theatrical version. I haven't seen the final cut version yet but I plan on watching it soon. That's how much I enjoy this movie.

4. Jaws - 10/10

My only real gripe with this movie is the up close shot on the shark underwater and you can see his teeth are fake and sort of look like they're falling apart. It still gives me anxiety to watch and it's the reason why I fear going into the waters at the beach. The boat scene is my favourite scene in the movie, from the speech to the sing-along to the attack on the boat.

Edit: another gripe I have with the movie is the ending when the tank is in the sharks mouth, would the tank really have stayed in the sharks mouth after leaving the boat and circling back around? Also Brody is without his glasses yet he's still able to shoot a tank underwater coming towards him very fast?

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
I got a ton of 4K movies this weekend so I've been watching a lot of 70s movies.

I'm going to switch between this and 00s thread in order to keep my watch more interesting and enjoyable.

70s Movie Rankings

1. The Godfather II - 10
2. The Godfather - 10
3. Apocalypse Now - 10
4. Jaws - 10

10 - Masterpiece
9 - Excellent
8 - Great
7 - Good
6 - Alright
5 - Average
4 - Poor

Agree on all. A few lesser known 70s gems, although not 10s by any means: Black Christmas, Klute, Sleuth, Bird With Crystal Plummage.

Blazing Saddles

blazing-saddles-header.jpg

Synopsis: In order to ruin a western town, a corrupt politician appoints a black Sheriff, who promptly becomes his most formidable adversary.

My Rating: 10/10

It's a comedic masterpiece that can never be duplicated again. Richard Pryor and Mel Brooks wrote the screen play, I read somewhere Pryor was suppose to be the original lead, and as good as he is, I don't think he could have done as well as a job as Cleavon Little did. Gene Wilder was hilarious as usual as The Waco Kid.

It would be literally impossible to try to make racism funny today. I watched it last night and again today at work. It might be my favourite comedy of all time, it's top 3 for sure.

It's a Looney tunes cartoon, come to life, just for adults. It will even make fun of itself as a movie, showing the studio next door which results in a hilarious cameo by Dom DeLuise.

Some of the jokes don't land for me, but most of them do. I have seen this movie at least 5 times or more, I know what jokes are coming and I still have a great laugh everytime. My kind of humor. 10/10

Blazing Saddles

blazing-saddles-header.jpg

Synopsis: In order to ruin a western town, a corrupt politician appoints a black Sheriff, who promptly becomes his most formidable adversary.

My Rating: 10/10

It's a comedic masterpiece that can never be duplicated again. Richard Pryor and Mel Brooks wrote the screen play, I read somewhere Pryor was suppose to be the original lead, and as good as he is, I don't think he could have done as well as a job as Cleavon Little did. Gene Wilder was hilarious as usual as The Waco Kid.

It would be literally impossible to try to make racism funny today. I watched it last night and again today at work. It might be my favourite comedy of all time, it's top 3 for sure.

It's a Looney tunes cartoon, come to life, just for adults. It will even make fun of itself as a movie, showing the studio next door which results in a hilarious cameo by Dom DeLuise.

Some of the jokes don't land for me, but most of them do. I have seen this movie at least 5 times or more, I know what jokes are coming and I still have a great laugh everytime. My kind of humor. 10/10

You like young frankenstein?

Back