Movies 70s Movie Marathon: Assault on Precent 13

And I’m pretty sure Cimino never directed anything nearly as good subsequent, which is kind of strange in the sense that I think the Deer Hunter is a very technically effective film.

They gave him free reign and a whole bunch of money to do what he wanted after that. It wasn't a wise financial decision...

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

57c49e3edd0895622a8b49a3

Synopsis: A poor but hopeful boy seeks one of the five coveted golden tickets that will send him on a tour of Willy Wonka's mysterious chocolate factory.

My Rating: 7/10

I've never been the biggest fan of this movie or musicals in general but this was good. It's not my favourite or a movie Im dying to ever see again but it was still good.

I would much rather watch Gene Wilders other films like Young Frankenstein, See no evil hear no evil, stirred crazy ect
I prefer him in the comedic role then the more serious role here.

Most of the songs are catchy and still fun to sing along to, but there's a few I couldn't stand, like the mom singing about Charlie, or the grandpa singing about finally getting out of bed.

The guy Wonka pays to tempt the kids everywhere to share the info about the everlasting gobstopper could never be immediately where the tickets were found. They were all over the world yet he magically appeared to tempt everyone. It doesn't hurt the film and without it wouldn't have made the movie any better, but it was just something I noticed.

A child to win and run the factory, makes sense lol

looking forward to some 70's Sidney Lumet films. Two in particular, Dog Day Afternoon and Network

Some of the finest performances, superb dialogue and themes that were far ahead of the curve for the mid 70's

To me, these 2 movies epitomize the power of 70's cinema at it's finest

looking forward to some 70's Sidney Lumet films. Two in particular, Dog Day Afternoon and Network

Some of the finest performances, superb dialogue and themes that were far ahead of the curve for the mid 70's

To me, these 2 movies epitomize the power of 70's cinema at it's finest

Network and dog day are awesome. His 60s films are good too with fail safe and the offence.

Edit: the offence is 70s. Do that one hbk

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

57c49e3edd0895622a8b49a3

Synopsis: A poor but hopeful boy seeks one of the five coveted golden tickets that will send him on a tour of Willy Wonka's mysterious chocolate factory.

I've never been the biggest fan of this movie or musicals in general but this was good. It's not my favourite or a movie Im dying to ever see again but it was still good.

I would much rather watch Gene Wilders other films like Young Frankenstein, See no evil hear no evil, stirred crazy ect
I prefer him in the comedic role then the more serious role here.

Most of the songs are catchy and still fun to sing along to, but there's a few I couldn't stand, like the mom singing about Charlie, or the grandpa singing about finally getting out of bed.

The guy Wonka pays to tempt the kids everywhere to share the info about the everlasting gobstopper could never be immediately where the tickets were found. They were all over the world yet he magically appeared to tempt everyone. It doesn't hurt the film and without it wouldn't have made the movie any better, but it was just something I noticed.

A child to win and run the factory, makes sense lol

I'd give it an 8 or higher. Always loved it since I was a kid.

You liked see no evil? I didnt like it as much as I thought I would.

I'd give it an 8 or higher. Always loved it since I was a kid.

You liked see no evil? I didnt like it as much as I thought I would.

I haven't seen that or stir crazy in a long time, just like Wonka. Maybe I won't like it now, who knows. Gene and Pryor had great chemistry so they can make a bad or decent movie a lot better than it is.

Wonka is pretty good but nothing better than that for me.

Funny enough, I will always put it on if I see it while scrolling the channels. I loved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when I was a kid and still enjoy it today. My kids now enjoy it and also think the original was better than the Johnny Depp version.

I think a big issue as well is that Charlie has always been shown on TV a lot(in the UK anyway) and people very often end up starting to watch it once they get to the factory.

Quick remarks

1. Superman - 6/10

At best this movie was alright. The movie sucked until Christopher Reeves finally shows up. The social effects are really bad and don't hold up. Lois should have been falling when she was flying around with superman. The entire movie was more silly than good imo

2. Saturday night fever - 7/10

I like this movie more because of the soundtrack. It's arguably the best soundtrack of the 70s. Travolta is a very good dancer. Other than the soundtrack the film didn't offer much to me. Still good.

3. Star wars - I could either go 9 or 10 but settled for 9. Star wars isn't my cup of tea but this is still an excellent movie.

4. The warriors - great movie. The fighting might be the weakest part of the movie but it was the 70s where everyone was kung Fu fighting. The other gangs were pretty silly and corny but that's what also gives the film some of it's charm. I didn't care for the ending where Swan steps aside from being shot then throws the knife at his arm. Apparently swan moves faster than superman. Overall still a great movie. Can you dig ittttttttt

Bad News Bears

rs-235490-Bad_News_Bears_1976_2.jpg

Synopsis: An aging, down-on-his-luck ex-minor leaguer coaches a team of misfits in an ultra-competitive California little league.

My Rating: 8/10

I grew up watching this as a kid and man does it still hold up, I liked it a lot. It's another comedy in the 70s that wouldn't fly today, so that makes it awesome in my book.

I thought the kid Tanner was hilarious lol I didn't realize the "tough" kid Kelly is the d level Freddy Krueger in 2010. I didn't really buy him as the tough guy, but he was still good in the movie. Amanda was the stand out along with the coach.

I liked the ending a lot. I think this is one of the best baseball movies. I would say Sandlot and Major League are better but it's right there with them.
I have this disc and love it but Paper Moon is probably better.

poster-780.jpg

Synopsis: A Highway Patrol Officer, two criminals and a station secretary defend a defunct Los Angeles precinct office against a siege by a bloodthirsty street gang.

Like all Carpenter films the score is awesome. The acting isn't the best, the story was good, and overall it was an enjoyable first time watch. My only gripe is

when the gang starts to invade the police station it becomes repetitive going in the same way and dying the same exact way. Also unlimited ammo. Didn't like how the secretary all of a sudden knew how to shoot a gun too lol

Also I've been watching and just ranking a lot of these movies instead of reviewing them because I've reviewed them before or just didn't feel like it

Just finished Carrie and I loved the scene at the prom. It was beautifully shot. The entire sequence with the bucket particularly. I thought the ending was great as well which is the key to a great film imo

Back