7-11 employee barks at you to "hurry up" while paying...

Like I said, you don't understand efficiency. Look at how complicated your female brain made this process. Typical.

Let me sloooow this down for you, little lady. I pay for products with bills. I get change back, and save it until it's built up to a significant amount of money that is actually worth using. I then choose a time convenient to myself, to roll it up to amounts that are the equivalent of a bill's value, so that when I use change, it's still as fast and efficient as using bills.

So, in closing, by doing this I have saved time and energy, and have been considerate to my fellow human beings for purchasing my product in the fastest, most efficient way possible. You're welcome.
lol - women are so stupid.

I think its partly laziness and because you feel like paying with change makes you look poor but when you pay with roll of change you look both lazy and poor .

This makes no sense. It takes effort to roll change. It takes no effort at all to not roll change. So how does rolling it then make you lazy?

I would of thrown the change on the floor and told him to hurry up and pick it up, grab my shit and leave.

I was pretty close to doing exactly this, but I'm glad I didn't.

I do regret not demanding a receipt and telling him to hurry up as it was printing.

This makes no sense. It takes effort to roll change. It takes no effort at all to not roll change. So how does rolling it then make you lazy?
I cant believe men are actually defending the practice of hoarding change and then rolling them up . Really you cant just use that for coffee instead of being so lazy to use a bill and hoard coins ? I also believe that men who do this have messy homes . Theyre like those people that just throw things on the floor because saturday is when they clean and do laundry . Its not efficient at all .

You cant figure out how much change you will need for coffee or a bottle if water that you need to pull out a bill every time and refuse to use change . Thats lazy and youre probably poor at basic maths . I always calculate in my head how much an item will cost and dig it out of my wallet before i get the counter and i know exactly how much my coffee is because i buy it near every day . I have almost no change on me at all times because i use it before it gets huge . That is efficiency !

I cant believe men are actually defending the practice of hoarding change and then rolling them up . Really you cant just use that for coffee instead of being so lazy to use a bill and hoard coins ? I also believe that men who do this have messy homes . Theyre like those people that just throw things on the floor because saturday is when they clean and do laundry . Its not efficient at all .

You cant figure out how much change you will need for coffee or a bottle if water that you need to pull out a bill every time and refuse to use change . Thats lazy and youre probably poor at basic maths . I always calculate in my head how much an item will cost and dig it out of my wallet before i get the counter and i know exactly how much my coffee is because i buy it near every day . I have almost no change on me at all times because i use it before it gets huge . That is efficiency !

How is this only a "man" thing to you? I've seen plenty of women with change piling up in a dish, or what have you, in their homes. And why do you care so much that people save their loose change then eventually convert it into bills or deposit it after rolling it? It makes sense to me. I don't see what the big deal is.

Nothing worse than loose change. I wouldn't be caught dead with it on my person. And if it's in my house I keep it well hidden as to avoid embarrassment.

I would of thrown the change on the floor and told him to hurry up and pick it up, grab my shit and leave.

That might be bad advice .
He doesnt have to pick up your change that you throw on the floor . Your money may roll under the shelves and if hes in a bad mood he can call the cops on you for stealing since he doesnt know how much you threw down .

Another thing i find totally weird about men is how they have to round their gas to the nearest dollar even though theyre paying with a debit card .

That drive for perfection is why we rule the world.

How is this only a "man" thing to you? I've seen plenty of women with change piling up in a dish, or what have you, in their homes. And why do you care so much that people save their loose change then eventually convert it into bills or deposit it after rolling it? It makes sense to me. I don't see what the big deal is.
He tried to use it to buy liquor and then complained that the cashier was annoyed that he tried to pay in rolls of coins . Im only explaining that people dislike receiving a lot of coins and for some reason men think more coins is better than less . Im only saying yes it looks lazy and poor so people will look down on you .

That might be bad advice .
He doesnt have to pick up your change that you throw on the floor . Your money may roll under the shelves and if hes in a bad mood he can call the cops on you for stealing since he doesnt know how much you threw down .

Lol call the cops on 15 cents? I don't really care, call the cops.

Like I said, you don't understand efficiency. Look at how complicated your female brain made this process. Typical.

Let me sloooow this down for you, little lady. I pay for products with bills. I get change back, and save it until it's built up to a significant amount of money that is actually worth using. I then choose a time convenient to myself, to roll it up to amounts that are the equivalent of a bill's value, so that when I use change, it's still as fast and efficient as using bills.

So, in closing, by doing this I have saved time and energy, and have been considerate to my fellow human beings for purchasing my product in the fastest, most efficient way possible. You're welcome.

I commute and use a backpack, which has a pocket where I keep my change. When I pay for something I fish out a handful of change and try and pay in a way that results in me getting as little change back as possible. This may seem complicated but it takes seconds, and if there's nobody in line I'll ask the cashier if they want metal for paper, and they always do.

Part of it is because I'm OCD and part of it is because I hate change.

All of this said, I'm the master of fast transactions. I hate waiting for people and I hate keeping people waiting. One day I'll end up on the evening news for bludgeoning someone to death for buying fifty different lottery tickets in front of me in line.

He tried to use it to buy liquor and then complained that the cashier was annoyed that he tried to pay in rolls of coins . Im only explaining that people dislike receiving a lot of coins and for some reason men think more coins is better than less . Im only saying yes it looks lazy and poor so people will look down on you .
except maybe in Canada. They have $1 and $2 coins! Sure they're worth less in real dollars, but still.

Yeah my buddy does this. He saves up like $1000 worth of change or more and uses it for vacation money and shit.

Call the cops for the whole thing . You didnt pay him you threw some random money the floor which may or may not pay for the items or have rolled away under the shelving .

I go even slower.

I had a similar experience at the Liquor Store a few weeks ago. I was unloading a fuck load of change that I had taken the time to roll. You know, to make the effort not to be a dick and dump a bunch of coins on the counter. This millennial bitch looks at me like I've ruined her life, and sarcastically remarks "You know who likes this? The bank."

On the fucking spot, I reply "You know who shouldn't complain? The cashier.". Oh' fuck, did she ever stare a hole through me. And then she proceeded to accept my payment, like a good doggy.

Fuckin' joke. Don't like your job? Quit. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and do it.
Tbf paying in rolls of change as an adult is pretty ghetto. Sure they're at work and should hide their irritation.

Irritation is a pretty reasonable reaction to that though

I would tend to assume that anyone paying in rolls of coins is trying to pull a scam where there are quarters at the end and pennies inside or something like that.

Tbf paying in rolls of change as an adult is pretty ghetto. Sure they're at work and should hide their irritation.

Irritation is a pretty reasonable reaction to that though

I could understand if I dumped a jar of random coins on the counter, and expected her to count it. That would justify irritation. I didn't go in there with 16 rolls of nickels either, like some are probably imagining. I bought just over $80 worth of booze, and handed her a roll of toonies($50), a roll of loonies($25), a five dollar bill, and another loonie. These were clear rolls too, so there was no suspicion of some scam I was trying to pull. All she had to do was put the rolls in the till. All the work was done for her. She was just being a bitch for no reason.

Wut do?

I had this happen the other night and I'm not sure if I overreacted. It's an older guy (looks like he's in his 50s) who works the graveyard shift that I now think might be suffering from dementia. He looks inbred and I've had unusual interactions with him in the past where he comes off as hostile.

The guy spent around 3 minutes chit chatting with some teenagers ahead of me who were cashing lottery tickets. I get to the front of the line and the guy tells me that my stuff comes to $8.15. I hand him $8 and go to the change portion of my wallet for the 15 cents. At this point, inbred barks at me to hurry up. I've been at the front of the line for no longer than 20 seconds. He says this literally as I'm about to hand him the 15 cents.

I put the 15 cents back in my wallet and ask him who he's talking to. He barks again in his broken English, "Hurry up, there's a line behind you" (this line had formed when he was chatting with the teenagers). It caught me so off guard that I just stood there and told him to fuck off. He mentions the line again and I say "well, that's too fucking bad." He repeats what I said, then I repeat it again. The whole thing was bizarre.

He says hurry up another 2 or 3 times as I'm looking at him. I felt like throwing the change in his face or on the floor, but I just placed it on the table and walked out after telling him to shut the fuck up.

Did I overreact? What would you have done?

You sound poor:)

The more realistic concern I had was about how the people in the line behind me would react if things got escalated to that extent.

I've seen more than enough WSHH videos to know that once there's the perception of imminent violence, it doesn't take much for someone to get sucker punched from behind and have their skull crack as they hit the cement floor.

I'm an adult. You should consider risk and reward at a certain age. Is it worth the risk of spending 40 years in a semi-coma over an argument with a 7-11 cashier who is probably suffering from senile dementia? If anything, I feel I went overboard swearing at him.

Back