7-11 employee barks at you to "hurry up" while paying...

QuitYourCrying

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wut do?

I had this happen the other night and I'm not sure if I overreacted. It's an older guy (looks like he's in his 50s) who works the graveyard shift that I now think might be suffering from dementia. He looks inbred and I've had unusual interactions with him in the past where he comes off as hostile.

The guy spent around 3 minutes chit chatting with some teenagers ahead of me who were cashing lottery tickets. I get to the front of the line and the guy tells me that my stuff comes to $8.15. I hand him $8 and go to the change portion of my wallet for the 15 cents. At this point, inbred barks at me to hurry up. I've been at the front of the line for no longer than 20 seconds. He says this literally as I'm about to hand him the 15 cents.

I put the 15 cents back in my wallet and ask him who he's talking to. He barks again in his broken English, "Hurry up, there's a line behind you" (this line had formed when he was chatting with the teenagers). It caught me so off guard that I just stood there and told him to fuck off. He mentions the line again and I say "well, that's too fucking bad." He repeats what I said, then I repeat it again. The whole thing was bizarre.

He says hurry up another 2 or 3 times as I'm looking at him. I felt like throwing the change in his face or on the floor, but I just placed it on the table and walked out after telling him to shut the fuck up.

Did I overreact? What would you have done?

Should have filled the 7-11 with uppercuts, obviously.

Motherfucker I was trying to fuck one of those teens and you screwed everything up. Next time it's gonna be 8.50.

One of the guys in line was probably his meth dealer.

Don't take it personally.

Pretty much what you did, or smirk and not care at all. Depends on how tired I was.

You're a big man. Picking on a retarded guy who's first language isn't English. Great job. You should be very proud.

He'd probably get slapped, honestly.

I don't take disrespect well.

I don't know where they find their employees but honestly they are infamously weird people, there is this short little troll of a man who works at our local 7-11, and I swear the the second you get to the counter it's this giant inconvience for him and he acts like you just fucked his mother. I've seen guys lose their shit on him for being such a douche but I swear that's what his sad little existence thrives on.

You didn't overract at all. Just remember he is 50 working at a 7/11 his best years are gone and he is 99.99999% not going to better himself within that company or elsewhere most likely. Should just show him pity. Again you didn't overract. He is just a bitter fuck up.

I go even slower.

I had a similar experience at the Liquor Store a few weeks ago. I was unloading a fuck load of change that I had taken the time to roll. You know, to make the effort not to be a dick and dump a bunch of coins on the counter. This millennial bitch looks at me like I've ruined her life, and sarcastically remarks "You know who likes this? The bank."

On the fucking spot, I reply "You know who shouldn't complain? The cashier.". Oh' fuck, did she ever stare a hole through me. And then she proceeded to accept my payment, like a good doggy.

Fuckin' joke. Don't like your job? Quit. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and do it.

I go even slower.

I had a similar experience at the Liquor Store a few weeks ago. I was unloading a fuck load of change that I had taken the time to roll. You know, to make the effort not to be a dick and dump a bunch of coins on the counter. This millennial bitch looks at me like I've ruined her life, and sarcastically remarks "You know who likes this? The bank."

On the fucking spot, I reply "You know who shouldn't complain? The cashier.". Oh' fuck, did she ever stare a hole through me. And then she proceeded to accept my payment, like a good doggy.

I'm not witty and very non-confrontational. All I could think of was "shut the fuck up". The fucking guy was STILL lecturing me about the line as I was walking out the door. Poor fucker behind me had to probably listen to him berate me for a good 5 minutes.

Have sex with him to establish dominance.

WTF wrong wit you?

e158bc2de96e1bb492b1bad6cacc31f2046fb8f39c421db54cfd0f0d68c313c2.jpg

I go even slower.

lmao adventures with joffrey to the liqour store xx
very fitting

I'd asked for my 8 dollars back. If you're gonna throw me an attitude for a situation you caused, I don't need to be buying your shit. I'd come back to talk to the manager about the employee's attitude, though.

People need to be told they're being a fuck. I use "good for you". I would have said that instead of being overtly hostile but that's just me.

I am an impatient f_ck and hate when people get to the front of the line at the grocery story and put their shit up on the belt and stare blankly while the cashier rings up their items.

When the cashier is done and gives them a total, they nervously scramble to find their credit card. Why the huck don't these people get their card out while they are just standing there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back