6 months later, did the BMF promotional push pay off?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

It’s been 5-6 months since Nate “The Needle Mover” Diaz gave this post fight speech calling for a fight with East Coast Gangster Jorge Masvidal for the Baddest Mother Fucker title in what was a first for the UFC to create a nice hype job for a PPV featuring the two.

Many casuals and hardcore fans alike bought into it and really pushed Masvidal further into stardom.

But of course, the more popular you are the more haters you get, many fans also saw the promo as gimmicky and saw the ‘BMF’ belt with plenty of backlash.

6 months later however, Masvidal is the first breakout star of the ESPN era. I’d like to think it worked.

Has it been 6 months already??? Wow

Yes it def worked.

Just wish the belt had been called basically anything else.

Conor didnt man up to fight Jorge

I’m willing to bet Masvidal has become one of the UFC’s bigger draws in recent months. In fact I think 244 was the biggest PPV of 2019. And now ppl are e begging for Mcgregor vs Masvidal. Can’t see how it can be spun as a fail

Nate should get a cut of any fight they promote mentioning the bmf title. cause that shit worked.

The UFC won't even release real PPV numbers since this ESPN bullshit started last year.

I thought the belt was silly, but the fight was great. It’s almost an insult to the fans thinking we need a BMF belt to get us interested in already a great fight.

Yes, in hindsight, everything played out perfectly.

The DJ - Askren trade, Ben Askren's trash talking, Masvidal's flying knee KO and Nate Diaz's post-fight interview.

This is a combination of a lot of different ingredients.

Askren's big mouth eating Jorge knee made the latter a star.

Asks question, then answers it himself.....
bjpenngif.gif bjpenngif.gif bjpenngif.gif

BMF gets Valeria Loureda, definitely paid off

Back