6 months later, did the BMF promotional push pay off?

Dumb gimmick. How are you the BMF when you’re not even the best fighter in your division?

I think TS is totally right. They got an instant star out of Masvidal with a minimum of promotional dollars. Everyone knows the BMF belt is BS but whatever. Mas seems like he's having a good time and some folks got paid. Probably not the most deserving guy for a title shot either, but this one will probably sell better because of Mas.

Then Usman ragdolls him.

Last edited:
I think TS is totally right. They got an instant star out of Masvidal with a minimum of promotional dollars. Everyone knows the BMF belt is BS but whatever. Mas seems like he having a good time and some folks got paid. Probably not the most deserving guy for a title shot either,, but this one will probably sell better because of Mas.

Then Usman ragdolls him.
Maybe-Maybe not.gif

It sure did, Masvidal is carrying the thing around everywhere he goes, his name is thrown around a lot for future fights, if he manages to beat Usman then is the perfect setup for a mega fight with Conor for a 3rd belt all from a post fight call out speech by Diaz, who went back to irrelevancy for the time being.

The irony thing is Neither r badder than mcgregor
Really? Nate literally set his tequila down, showed up and choked Conor silly. I had him winning the rematch too, 48-47. Mas would chew Conor up.

Yep It worked so many clowns even bought replica belts to wear around the trailer

With the number of interim belts the UFC did over the last few years did this really change any of that, nope. It promoted Mas like crazy which is good for business, but belts in the UFC are worthless.

I believe it did. Not only did the card for the BMF do big business but it has contributed to Jorge becoming one of the biggest stars in sports.

Where did you get 6 months from

It's been 3 months
The fight happened on November 2nd
It's only February 2nd

Where did you get 6 months from

It's been 3 months
The fight happened on November 2nd
It's only February 2nd
I thought that too but hes counting it from when nate first asked for the fight.
Got me all fucked up too.

This is bullshit. The UFC should have an olympic-style tournament and be willing to lose money in order to find the best.

It’s been 5-6 months since Nate “The Needle Mover” Diaz gave this post fight speech calling for a fight with East Coast Gangster Jorge Masvidal for the Baddest Mother Fucker title in what was a first for the UFC to create a nice hype job for a PPV featuring the two.

Many casuals and hardcore fans alike bought into it and really pushed Masvidal further into stardom.

But of course, the more popular you are the more haters you get, many fans also saw the promo as gimmicky and saw the ‘BMF’ belt with plenty of backlash.

6 months later however, Masvidal is the first breakout star of the ESPN era. I’d like to think it worked.

A legit opponent would've been better. Match with usman would've been appealing without the side show. RDA would've been a better opponent.than nate and the whole bmf farce. It was terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back