6 months later, did the BMF promotional push pay off?

It’s been 5-6 months since Nate “The Needle Mover” Diaz gave this post fight speech calling for a fight with East Coast Gangster Jorge Masvidal for the Baddest Mother Fucker title in what was a first for the UFC to create a nice hype job for a PPV featuring the two.

Many casuals and hardcore fans alike bought into it and really pushed Masvidal further into stardom.

But of course, the more popular you are the more haters you get, many fans also saw the promo as gimmicky and saw the ‘BMF’ belt with plenty of backlash.

6 months later however, Masvidal is the first breakout star of the ESPN era. I’d like to think it worked.

Bring in the celeb fights like pride did. Best stuff ever.

The only dumb gimmick is how you seem to have brain cells but they just wont cling together to do something. The best in the division is the champs belt. Thats the best. How you are trying to make a trophy belt out like its anything beyond that is brainless. I think he earned it after the 3 piece with a soda regardless. Dude has done nothing but perform and wreak people all year and some of you come off like jealous whiny bitches something id see from a ex girlfriend.

why you so mad though?

It’s been 5-6 months since Nate “The Needle Mover” Diaz gave this post fight speech calling for a fight with East Coast Gangster Jorge Masvidal for the Baddest Mother Fucker title in what was a first for the UFC to create a nice hype job for a PPV featuring the two.

Many casuals and hardcore fans alike bought into it and really pushed Masvidal further into stardom.

But of course, the more popular you are the more haters you get, many fans also saw the promo as gimmicky and saw the ‘BMF’ belt with plenty of backlash.

6 months later however, Masvidal is the first breakout star of the ESPN era. I’d like to think it worked.

not really worked. it didnt get jorge the conor fight bebore usman kills his 15 mins of fame. ufc 244 was a pr stunt clearly and it got jorge a nice payday but that all.

I’m willing to bet Masvidal has become one of the UFC’s bigger draws in recent months. In fact I think 244 was the biggest PPV of 2019. And now ppl are e begging for Mcgregor vs Masvidal. Can’t see how it can be spun as a fail

it failed cause conor didnt take the bait and usman will end jorge 15 mins of fame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChowderHead
Back