6 figure contract - worth it?

...this

the fact that everyone on TUF can make it into the UFC with a win...annoys me

makes the whole thing pretty pointless

:eek:

I disagree. I want to see everyone who fought hard on the show and showed skill get a chance to show a little more in a few UFC fights. For example, Matt Mitrione.

If you are a true talent then you don't need the show. If you are marginal then it can be a big boost to your profile.

Umm, you get promoted as "The Ultimate Fighter" you get on the main card, you get a motorcycle, you get everyone knowing you cause you went the distance and got the air time and thus get the sponsors...

Yeah, its worth it

Those are all the things that come along with winning the Ultimate fighter. I'm not disputing the advantages of those; they're the only reason to do TUF. I'm saying the contract you win is shit

Isn't that illegal and part of the black market economy? Greece did that. Didn't turn out too well.

i was being sarcastic, just like the other poster was about locker room bonuses being worth billions

Who the hell would want a Harley is beyond me, they are the most overpriced low performing bike ever.

Yamaha, kawasaki, Honda, ducati all make better bikes than those pieces of garbage.

Who the hell would want a Harley is beyond me, they are the most overpriced low performing bike ever.

Yamaha, kawasaki, Honda, ducati all make better bikes than those pieces of garbage.

Obviously you haven't been watching Sons of Anarchy, which proves Harleys are the most badass rides ever.

It makes me physically sick to my stomach that Colton actually got that contract. Bleh. We'll be seeing his wrestle-fucking ass for a while.

Dude it was awesome,he outfucked his opponent in every aspect of the game.

I would sell the Harlot and buy a Ducati Monster 796

2012-ducati-monster-796-preview%205.jpg

Given how the talent level has gone down the toilet, I would say that the 6 figure contract no longer has any appeal to any serious talent. Half these guys don't even fight in their right weight class, most of the winners and runners up from recent TUFs just end up moving down a weight class. They don't even care enough to audition for their actual weight class, because they know they can still probably win at a higher weight class because the talent level is so low.

It's just not enough money anymore. If I'm a guy who is a few wins away from being in the UFC, I'm not going to audition for TUF and then fight 3 times (preliminary bout to get into the house, first round, quarter finals and semi finals) for free. There's money elsewhere in MMA now, maybe not UFC money, but still much better than fighting for free.

I thought FOX would understand that the UFC fanbase has evolved from these "just bleed" assholes to guys who want to watch a legitimate competition, but they still put these guys in that are seriously not good fighters but appeal to those "just bleed" fans. It's embarrassing to know that casual UFC fans watch the show and think Justin Lane is an example of a typical MMA fighter.

Either they have to revamp the show with legit prize money to get real fighters on the show, or just scrap it all together. I see what they're doing with making Sonnen and Jones coaches, but at the end of the day it's all about the fighters actually competing.

i would sell the hd if it was given to me.
the contract does seem to be pretty shitty. but they signed it so too bad for them.
i dont think there will be much over flow from the non finalest from this season

Of course it's worth it.

If you've got the talent and recognition to get signed without TUF, you're going to get signed without TUF. But if you're a fringe guy and need a leg up, there are few better ways to get in front of a large audience and get the name rec' you need to get bigger paychecks.

It's like the old days of deciding whether you'd play in college or jump straight to the pros. The more talented you are, the less need for college.

My problem with TUF is that pretty much everyone on the show gets into the UFC (even if it's just for one fight) that, to me, makes the finale of the tournament less important.

This. Once they established the fact that damn near everyone on the show will get a fight in the UFC it kind of takes away the significance of winning the show.

It seems they gave most of the TUF guys from Nelson/Carwin the boot which is a good sign. They should only take fighters who are ufc caliber.

This. Once they established the fact that damn near everyone on the show will get a fight in the UFC it kind of takes away the significance of winning the show.

It seems they gave most of the TUF guys from Nelson/Carwin the boot which is a good sign. They should only take fighters who are ufc caliber.

But do they get the same pay? I'm too lazy to research it but if winning TUF means a 15k/15k and not winning means 6k/6k then would matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back