6 figure contract - worth it?

Exposure to sponsors and access to the best doctors alone may make it worth it for a young fighter who has no money and no healthcare coverage despite engaging in a dangerous profession.

Add to that the possibility of a broadcasting career as this sport grows. How many people here wouldn't love a job talking about MMA all day and get paid for it?

Million dollar lockeroom bonuses.

Umm, you get promoted as "The Ultimate Fighter" you get on the main card, you get a motorcycle, you get everyone knowing you cause you went the distance and got the air time and thus get the sponsors...

Yeah, its worth it

I'm not saying it's not a good deal, just you could probably earn more outside of the contract. Also most people are probably still applying because you just need 1 fight on the show and you're pretty much guaranteed a fight in the UFC

For the most part, I'd say the guys on TUF couldn't earn more outside of the TUF contract because they're not very good.

I'm not saying it's not a good deal, just you could probably earn more outside of the contract. Also most people are probably still applying because you just need 1 fight on the show and you're pretty much guaranteed a fight in the UFC

Well it's become obvious already that the better talent prospects end up going straight to the UFC. That why you see guys like Phil Davis simply debut there instead of risk winning a tournament to even begin.

On the other hand, these guys get attention and the spotlight on them before they enter. It's almost like an investment cause it can make you far more marketable.

Well it's become obvious already that the better talent prospects end up going straight to the UFC. That why you see guys like Phil Davis simply debut there instead of risk winning a tournament to even begin.

On the other hand, these guys get attention and the spotlight on them before they enter. It's almost like an investment cause it can make you far more marketable.

And then even if they don't win the show and don't get into the UFC, or get cut after 1 fight, these guys often have enough of a following to land on other, smaller shows, and be the main attractions.

it's 16k/16k, 20k/20k, 24k/24k now I believe. on my phone so not gonna dig up the links for proof. but just go look at Nelsons and nate diaz's purses after they won.

well it is 15k, 20k, 24k.
nelson's 3rd fight after winning
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/23805/ufc-130-salaries-rampage-jackson-250k-frank-mir-250k-lead-fighter-payroll
Nelson's 4th fight
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/10/ufc-137-salaries
Nate Diaz's 8th fight.
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/05/ufc-fight-night-20-salaries-chris-leben-earns-60k-of-357k-official-fighter-payroll

It makes me physically sick to my stomach that Colton actually got that contract. Bleh. We'll be seeing his wrestle-fucking ass for a while.

^ Or not. Don't forget dudes like Efrain Escudero. If he's boring and loses a couple fights, he's out.

I think Nelson said something about how he should've been making more money compared to people who were performing well like him. BUT he was locked into the TUF contract.

For some reason, I see Colton leaving the military very soon.:cool:

Mac Danzig is 5-6 on the UFC and hasn't been cut yet

fighters who did not won the show do not get nearly as much leniency when it comes to losses

Not really that's chump change. But UFC will always strong arm its talent until they become marketable.

My problem with TUF is that pretty much everyone on the show gets into the UFC (even if it's just for one fight) that, to me, makes the finale of the tournament less important.

...this

the fact that everyone on TUF can make it into the UFC with a win...annoys me

makes the whole thing pretty pointless

:eek:

Back