• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

54 Ex boxer champ, knocks the F.... out of some dude!

damn the champ still has it

man its depressing how his life has turned out he was a great champ his war with gomez is one of my favorite fights

And hanging around wearing red with a bunch of people wearing red. Homeless might be a step up.

holy shit lol, this comment won the thread.

dig the guys ghetto capri pants too, a win for low class.

Damn!!! What a beautiful jab and straight! Out cold!

Rocky Lockridge (born January 30, 1959) is an American former boxer. As a professional, he is best known for handing Roger Mayweather his first defeat

Lockridge was actually a beast. He gave prime JCC a close fight and was arguably robbed against Wilfredo Gomez. He also knocked out an unbeaten Roger (who was also a beast) in a round.

Lockridge was one of many elite fighters who got their start out of the tacoma boxing club not far from seattle. this is certainly at least a corrective to him crying on national tv. i really dont know what gets into men, when they know you call yourself a fighter suddenly they think they can trump 10 20 years of training by being a knucklehead, happens all the time.

Yep, Muscle Memory for the win.

Lockridge was actually a beast. He gave prime JCC a close fight and was arguably robbed against Wilfredo Gomez. He also knocked out an unbeaten Roger (who was also a beast) in a round.

at the time, the gomez fight was seen as blatant robbery but with time people forget and accept those kinds of decisions. that era had a ton of talent in the vicinity of 135, just a ton lots of the best matchups never even happened or at least happened at the wrong time. Honestly, i cannot think of an era with more raw talent per division than the eighties lightweights, and the guys who fought a division above or below that.

at the time, the gomez fight was seen as blatant robbery but with time people forget and accept those kinds of decisions. that era had a ton of talent in the vicinity of 135, just a ton lots of the best matchups never even happened or at least happened at the wrong time. Honestly, i cannot think of an era with more raw talent per division than the eighties lightweights, and the guys who fought a division above or below that.

It was an incredible era and this was with maybe the greatest talent of them all dying at the age of 23.

I was and am a camacho fan, the macho of the early eighties was better than hed ever be and I just thought he was god, couldnt see anyone beating him, he was calling out salvador sanchez after his first couple fights, in those years, before he lost his balls, macho should have been pfp and king of the lightweight division. Oh the talent weve lost to drugs, drink and crazy women.

Cold man, cold. Brilliant video, I like how the guy was out and his arm still flopped forward to punch him :p

I was and am a camacho fan, the macho of the early eighties was better than hed ever be and I just thought he was god, couldnt see anyone beating him, he was calling out salvador sanchez after his first couple fights, in those years, before he lost his balls, macho should have been pfp and king of the lightweight division. Oh the talent weve lost to drugs, drink and crazy women.

True, but if you removed that self destructive streak that marred his later life and career he wouldn't have been Macho Camacho. Same goes for Tapia too.

True, but if you removed that self destructive streak that marred his later life and career he wouldn't have been Macho Camacho. Same goes for Tapia too.

may be true, vinny paz and others say how you fight is how you live, meaning fast but his fighting style changed to safety first. most say the rosario fight changed him but he was getting involved into the fast life before that. when a fighter gets that distracted in an era like that hes lucky anyone ever heard of him again. I personally think he got a few bucks in his pocket and liked the celebrity more than the fighting. the result was a fighter with decent punching power to go along with the fastest hands weve ever seen was reduced to a guy who went 15 fights after his move up to lightweight without a real knockout and when he did start knocking out guys it was not the type of guys who should have even been in the ring with him. he lost his mean streak. it was actually shocking to see his early fights where he runs around the ref to belt a downed opponent and hits another with street slaps when he has him down. good and nasty in the best possible way, that was the real macho.

It was an incredible era and this was with maybe the greatest talent of them all dying at the age of 23.

Salvador Sanchez was truly gifted no doubt, But his supremacy was at 126. He was to strong, Durable, skilled etc. for smaller men like Nelson and Gomez. At the time of Sanchez death AA was in his physical prime, And a three division champ at 126, 130, 135. At that time Arguello was undoubtedly the greater talent (Bigger, Better, More Accomplished). And yes, If they had fought Arguello would have beat sanchez. Alexis was a good three inches taller and rangier than Salvador. As the saying goes, "A good big man, beats a good little man".

personally, id never let a guy get that close to me without striking first but im sure rocky would have handled any eventuality. also, hope this jackass doesnt go running to the police after this, that happens all the time and the judicial system is not to kind to fighters who do this on the street no matter who started it. Ive known some good fighters get into big trouble like this, almost going to prison trouble.

may be true, vinny paz and others say how you fight is how you live, meaning fast but his fighting style changed to safety first. most say the rosario fight changed him but he was getting involved into the fast life before that. when a fighter gets that distracted in an era like that hes lucky anyone ever heard of him again. I personally think he got a few bucks in his pocket and liked the celebrity more than the fighting. the result was a fighter with decent punching power to go along with the fastest hands weve ever seen was reduced to a guy who went 15 fights after his move up to lightweight without a real knockout and when he did start knocking out guys it was not the type of guys who should have even been in the ring with him. he lost his mean streak. it was actually shocking to see his early fights where he runs around the ref to belt a downed opponent and hits another with street slaps when he has him down. good and nasty in the best possible way, that was the real macho.

I first seen Macho Camacho when he fought Oscar. I was only 9 then and watched it with my dad. I was amazed a few years later when I watched his earlier fights; couldn't really get my head around that it was the same guy. Can't deny he had balls to still be fighting guys like Oscar by that point, but he could have been one of the greats.

Funnily enough Bobby Chacon is one of my all time favourites and I've often wished we'd gotten a Chacon/Macho fight. (I say "we" when I wasn't even born when they were around the same weight class but you know what I mean!)

Salvador Sanchez was truly gifted no doubt, But his supremacy was at 126. He was to strong, Durable, skilled etc. for smaller men like Nelson and Gomez. At the time of Sanchez death AA was in his physical prime, And a three division champ at 126, 130, 135. At that time Arguello was undoubtedly the greater talent (Bigger, Better, More Accomplished). And yes, If they had fought Arguello would have beat sanchez. Alexis was a good three inches taller and rangier than Salvador. As the saying goes, "A good big man, beats a good little man".

its always hard to call talent that dies that young because you never see what losses they might have had, how they may have developed etc.., sanchez probably would have gone up in the weights, a fight with arguello is tough to call. arguello had problems with guys who could move, slick guys, never with pressure fighters until he fought pryor who mixed the two together and was just plain too damned big for alexis. in the footage ive seen of sanchez i see a brilliant fighter who seemlessly blends pressure with defense which is a tough thing to do, its a tough call with the edge to the man who could turn out the lights in a second.

His supremacy was at 126 when he was 23 and under. Given time to further mature physically, I see no reason why couldn't have had significant success upwards of FW. He had the versatility to certainly give Arguello problems and I'd argue what he did at FW in that brief time outstripped what Alexis did in his time at the weight. It is truly a shame that he went out the way he did.

I first seen Macho Camacho when he fought Oscar. I was only 9 then and watched it with my dad. I was amazed a few years later when I watched his earlier fights; couldn't really get my head around that it was the same guy. Can't deny he had balls to still be fighting guys like Oscar by that point, but he could have been one of the greats.

Funnily enough Bobby Chacon is one of my all time favourites and I've often wished we'd gotten a Chacon/Macho fight. (I say "we" when I wasn't even born when they were around the same weight class but you know what I mean!)

by the time the 90s rolled around, macho was making money off his celebrity, still a decent fighter but thought of as an utter joke, its actually not funny though its tragic. Macho had it all and pissed it away, macho was tough, gutsy and as prideful as anyone. In fact, after the dlh fight macho half-pleaded with a guy I always thought had sociopathic tendencies (oscar) to not cut his curl, it was a gesture of huge pride and pathos at once. oscar was eager to do it, you know how most fighters are done with hostility after a fight, not fucking oscar, it took his own cornerman (manny steward) to shout no to oscar to get him to let it go. Macho was not that bad in the nineties, he did fight a good fight with trinidad but just didnt have the wind to keep up a pace anymore but every round he was fighting back. when we talk of lost talents in boxing he would either be one or two on my list behind tyson and with his chin and toughness probably number one. tyson quit 2 or 3 times when it got to rough for him.

and oh yeah, chacon gave up his title rather than to fight macho, it was a smart business move, if not a Macho thing to do. its ironic because most of the boxing mags saw a lot of chacon in camacho and the big question was would camacho throw away his talent like bobby did and as we know he did. at the time though? chacon was done as a fighter, winning fights on guts, he would have needed more than that for a good young fighter, mancini tore him apart in two rounds and we all know boom boom was not a major talent.

and oh yeah, chacon gave up his title rather than to fight macho, it was a smart business move, if not a Macho thing to do. its ironic because most of the boxing mags saw a lot of chacon in camacho and the big question was would camacho throw away his talent like bobby did and as we know he did. at the time though? chacon was done as a fighter, winning fights on guts, he would have needed more than that for a good young fighter, mancini tore him apart in two rounds and we all know boom boom was not a major talent.

I can understand why Chacon vacated the belt and moved up rather than take on Macho at that time; it makes sense considering his best days were behind him and Camacho was a beast at that point. It's just disappointing to look back and think that fight could have happened.

Chacon's a strange one. You don't really read about him throwing away his talent these days; hell, you don't really read about him these days. I suspect he gets a pass from a lot of people due to the exciting fights he was in over the years.

I can understand why Chacon vacated the belt and moved up rather than take on Macho at that time; it makes sense considering his best days were behind him and Camacho was a beast at that point. It's just disappointing to look back and think that fight could have happened.

Chacon's a strange one. You don't really read about him throwing away his talent these days; hell, you don't really read about him these days. I suspect he gets a pass from a lot of people due to the exciting fights he was in over the years.

chacon was actually reflective on it at the age of 32 and would honestly say that he threw away talent and time and was open about the question when posed to him, he tried to warn hector too, if nothing else. bobby was still great with brawlers and he fought some classic fights with boza edwards and limon but that wouldnt have been the way macho would have fought him of course and he knew that too. it had to have been a strictly logical decision, to know he couldnt win, because we all know chacon wasnt afraid of punishment. when i think of how some of my heroes and idols have turned out, chacon picking up cans, macho living lonely and forgotten, i feel blessed that I never had any breaks in the sport. i try to warn the young when i come across them too.

Back