5'11, 135 pounds. How much should I weigh?

i'd say at 5'11 with a slim build you could probably get up to 145. you will grow if you do what lazy people call overtraining. but really you might be in better shape at 135 your natural weight than if you stop doing cardio and start eating to just put some fat on your chest

I seriously doubt you are even strong in the weight room after seeing your clownish posts. Maybe a 60kg bp looks heavy to first timers but its really not.

RuDOWN4It said:
my trainer told me i had 1% body fat, but now I'm doubting that since i'm sure you guys are more right. I'll definitely check again soon.
And will the food I'm eating now make me suffer later? or will i just have to get my eating habits right when i'm older?

1) Skinny does not = healthy. Knock off the fastfood and get educated on proper nutrition ASAP. Start by reading this....twice. http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329110

START EATING HEALTHY NOW! You are what you eat man.

2) Sustaining anything less than 5-6% body fat is not healthy. You are not 1% body fat. I believe your "trainer" is either a fraud or an idiot.

3) Start lifting. Start by reading this http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113793 There will be a test...

Don't concentrate on your body fat or what you weigh. Focus on overall health (eating properly and lifting properly.) Your weight will take care of itself.

You know it's possible that his 'trainer' wasn't being literal and said something like "Kid you're like 1% bodyfat, we need to put some bulk on you." Maybe we're all seizing upon this detail of his post a bit much?

As for gaining weight, there is no magic number you should be at. It's largely sport and individual specific.

Unfortunately, a lot of kids think a McBurger is to help them put on weight. Quality food will yield you higher quality results and fast food isn't it. If you are concerned about the cost, hit the grocery store. I buy roasts at under $2.50/lb all the time. Brown rice costs almost nothing... you get the idea. BTW, might want to avoid deli lunchmeat as the cost per pound is generally much greater.

Calories in > Calories out = weight gain. Bottom line. Barring thyroid disfunction, it doesn't matter how old you are etc.

Guys this thread is like ages old. Why are we suddenly posting in it again?

HULKAMANIA said:
Guys this thread is like ages old. Why are we suddenly posting in it again?

I noticed that AFTER I typed the novel.........yeah me! I'm retarded

Back