50 burpee challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow some decent times here, my best so far has been around 2.50, but i try to do them with correct form rather than speed...still kills me though, half the time i feel like im gonna have a heart attack! lol

I plan on trying again Tuesday, maybe I can catch you Oblivion.

Bry

You probably can. I've done this challenge quite a few times in the last year. When I first started, my time was definitely worse than yours. If I remember right, I was in the 4 minute range.

i want to do burpees again so bad but my left wrist is really messed up. i thought about doing the push up part of it on my knuckles because keeping a neutral position with my wrist doesn't hurt it.....but then again i don't want to screw up my knuckles.

anyone have any ideas?

maybe i should just do sprints instead.

I was just using you to motivate myself.

Bry

That's a cluster fuck of a challenge for an out of shape old man...over 5 mins.

Did this as a finisher today: 2:43

I did them mostly straight - I paused for a sec once or twice to take a couple of deep breaths.

Everytime i'm late to Jiu Jitsu i got 35 burpees coming my way :[
I've actually never tried doing 50. Gonna give this a go

wow i feel proud i tied oblivian, 3:16 for me, i feel like a few around the 25mark wasnt correct form so i took a pause to catch my breath and focus. im going to try the 100 burpee challenge tmrw before my sprint work.

First Try: 2min48
Have a video just waiting for it to upload. Gonna try this again the weekend, reckon I can do alot better for a few different reasons.

Gonna keep going and work my way up to the 100 challenge :D

3:40 this morning in Tabatas. first time I've done any cardio since July though.

wow i feel proud i tied oblivian, 3:16 for me, i feel like a few around the 25mark wasnt correct form so i took a pause to catch my breath and focus. im going to try the 100 burpee challenge tmrw before my sprint work.

I hate to burst your bubble, but...

I just got 2 minutes 17 seconds last night. 50 straight again. Speed is definitely improving.

First Try: 2min48
Have a video just waiting for it to upload. Gonna try this again the weekend, reckon I can do alot better for a few different reasons.

Gonna keep going and work my way up to the 100 challenge :D

Nice work. Try to work your way up to 50 straight. That's going to be your best bet. I used to only be able to do about 25-30 straight, but I just kept working on it. The rest times is what kills your time.

ok, I'm going to try this. I'm not looking forward to it. The pressups are going to kill me as I don't do chest work these days only OHP.

I don't know how anyone can do it in less than 2 minutes unless they are not really jumping properly...

I don't think I can do one burpee (from pressup position to pressup position) in 2 seconds unless my jump is just a 2-3 inches off the ground.

How high do people here jump?

Nice work. Try to work your way up to 50 straight. That's going to be your best bet. I used to only be able to do about 25-30 straight, but I just kept working on it. The rest times is what kills your time.

Yeah. I'm gonna give this another go friday or saturday and go for the 50 straight, or at least as many as i can before having to take a few seconds rest.

ok, I'm going to try this. I'm not looking forward to it. The pressups are going to kill me as I don't do chest work these days only OHP.

I don't know how anyone can do it in less than 2 minutes unless they are not really jumping properly...

I don't think I can do one burpee (from pressup position to pressup position) in 2 seconds unless my jump is just a 2-3 inches off the ground.

How high do people here jump?

I don't think I'll ever break 2 minutes, but I definitely think it's doable. I'm fairly slow at burpees compared to others, but I know I have a legit jump and legit pushup. I do 8 burpees in approximately 20 seconds - I know this from tabata protocol. If I never slowed down, that would be 2 minutes and 10 seconds (which I'm getting close to). I'm fairly sure people can get 9-10 done in a 20 second interval. If they are capable of 9 per 20 second interval and never slow down, that's breaking 2 minutes.

I don't think I'll ever break 2 minutes, but I definitely think it's doable. I'm fairly slow at burpees compared to others, but I know I have a legit jump and legit pushup. I do 8 burpees in approximately 20 seconds - I know this from tabata protocol. If I never slowed down, that would be 2 minutes and 10 seconds (which I'm getting close to). I'm fairly sure people can get 9-10 done in a 20 second interval. If they are capable of 9 per 20 second interval and never slow down, that's breaking 2 minutes.

I'm going to try it. About 12 months ago I was doing 4 sets of 10 with breaks of 30 seconds and really hating it, but then my only other cardio was heavy bag and 10 mins on the cross trainer. These last few months I've focused on cardio and recently some 100-1500m sprinting.

Tried again today. Managed 50 straight. New time is 2:07, Very happy with that, but think i may try this one one more time before going for the 100 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back