50 burpee challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Boulter

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
In the same way people run 400m and 800m intervals for speedwork for a 5k, Ive been doing the 50 burpee challenge to take back my 100 burpee title.
I find this harder on the muscles rather than the cardiovascular system, as your going at more of a sprint, with no rest. Ive broken 2 minutes now on this, which could equate simular to a 800m sprint, I know I used to be exhausted after a 800m P.R, this has been great to get som burpee SPECIFIC speed in my legs. Im great at squatting and sprinting, but having the legs close together in the mountain jumper portion of the movement is new stimuli for my body, so this has helped.

Give it a try fellas, it could help your 100 time, great for those who are a little intimidated by the 100 burpee challenge, and as mickey says, get sum speed in dem legz.

Leaderboard
1.55 Thumper75
2.07 Flameboy
2.30 Pattheflip
3.16 Oblivian

After pulling a 9 flat on the 100 burpee challenge today, I am ready to try anything to erase that woeful mark.

I'll let you know my new times (50 and 100) once I gather my ego from the gym floor.

We going to have people post times and a leader board like the other thread? Be good motivation for those who arent quite up to doing the 100 burpee challenge.

Started doing these a few weeks ago, my goal is to get under 3mins soon. My conditioning sucks:icon_cry2

Sure, post your times and I'll tally up a leader board.
But think of this challenge only as a personal challenge, rather than a competition with others, but use others times and participation as motivation.

I'm thinking some people will do the 50 straight through. I'm only at 25 straight right now. I was only able to do about 15 a few months ago though.

3 minutes 16 seconds

I was shooting for a little under 3 minutes. I was doing this in a tabata format with 8 burpees per 20 second interval. I got to the 40 burpee mark at 2:20. When 2:30 hit, I could only get 5 in. At 3 minutes, I squeezed out the other 5.

My goal is to do the 100 burpee in under 7 minutes. This shortened version will probably help out.

god damn.

did this today after a light set of pull-up burpees warmup and tabata sprints. got it in 2:30, one set of 30 and one set of 20, but my jump got pretty pathetic at the end. oof. if i jump too high, i hit my head on the ceiling. :(

Ive been trying to find the reason why burpees are effective in the faqs but i cant. Whats makes burpees so good? how different is it from 50 burpees vs 100 jumping jacks?

Ive been trying to find the reason why burpees are effective in the faqs but i cant. Whats makes burpees so good? how different is it from 50 burpees vs 100 jumping jacks?

Are you serious? Have you tried them?

Burpees suck. And they hurt. And are miserable.

That is what makes them good.

And those are the types of exercises you usually gain the most from so those are priority exercises if you want efficiency.

But if your prefer you can do tricep extensions instead.

ih avent done many burbees, but jumping jacks are easy as hell, to me at least.

that's because jumping jacks are easy as hell. so get to burpees already, unless you're training for a jumping jack marathon.

...even then, burpees would probably help.

Think about it. I think just the jump portion of the burpee is more than a jumping jack. Couple that in with the pushup, squat down, sprawl/kickback, etc. and you can easily understand it. My girlfriend can't do one proper burpee but can whip out a hundred jumping jacks easily.

Updated.
And you should do you burpees just as much as you should eat your greens, say your prayers and take your vitamins.

I'm terrified of doing 100 burpees. Last time I did a set of 25 I thought I shit my pants. I will do 100 burpees sometime within the next 14 days.

I havent attempted to better my 5.33 on the 100 since january - due to quite a serious groin strain.

Its just got better and my cardio is ruined - this 50 will be a good start - Im in the gym Wednesday night and Thursday morning - Ill give it a go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back