50 Bucks for PFL

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
big-mistake-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

If it was $20 I wouldn't pay that. PFL seems to have no understanding of their popularity. Seeing the PPV numbers is going to be pretty funny though.

Last edited:
50 bucks isnt to bad. I paid that much for the tito chuck 3 event forever ago. I'll give it a watch. The ppv starting at 8 is a big perk for me.

Even if the product was worth $50, I just don't feel that PPV is a sensible profit avenue for PFL. I barely know people offline that know what PFL is. PFL is a great product, but their brand is too weak to get folks to buy their PPVs. Ad revenue and sponsors would have been a far better way to monetize their event in my opinion.

I like PFL but the fact they think they’re big enough to have a $49.99 PPV is truly hilarious. At least the WEC and Bellator PPV’s from back in the day were actually stacked awesome cards. But then again Ray Sefo has proven himself an idiot numerous times in the past.

big-mistake-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

If it was $20 I wouldn't pay that. PFL seems to have no understanding of their popularity. Seeing the PPV numbers is going to be pretty funny though.
I think their rationalization might be that if anyone is going to buy this chit they'd probably pay anything.

ESPN+ PPV for $49.99?
WOW!! This card not looking that good.
Main Card, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN+ PPV
Kayla Harrison vs. Larissa Pacheco - women’s featherweight championship
Brendan Loughnane vs. Bubba Jenkins - featherweight championship
Ante Delija vs. Matheus Scheffel - heavyweight championship
Stevie Ray vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier - lightweight championship
Dilano Taylor vs. Sadibou Sy - welterweight championship
Omari Akhmedov vs. Rob Wilkinson - light heavyweight championship
Aspen Ladd vs. Julia Budd

Realistically that card should ask $24.99, maybe $19.99.

I wonder if PFL actually believes that this will sell. It makes absolutely no sense to hold an event in the Hulu Theater of the MSG with tickets worth $25 but charging $50 for a PPV.

Im thinking that PFL is budgeting for this to completely tank but would rather take whatever profit they can make out of it.

They averaged 300k-350k viewership for free, what makes them think that people will actually pay to see a product that they hardly see for free. They are just expecting people to buy the event after being away for 4 months and doing virtually zero promotion for the event. I actually thinking they will do less than 10k buys.

Nevermind, its probably going to br around 2k

How much I would pay would depend on the logistics and quality of service. I'm based in Asia so I'd need some confidence that the stream and shit would work well or that I even have an easy method of paying.

If that's all fine, I'd give 25 dollars.

Back