5 best strikers at Welterweight right now?

Diaz KO'd a 20 year old Robbie, 12 years ago. Has no bearing on today.

Was outstruck by a LW BJ in the 1st round 33 - 20. BJ won that round on all cards. Then "BJ Gonna BJ" and gassed. An in-shape BJ outstrikes Diaz all night long. But we almost never see an in-shape BJ. BJ was outstruck much more by Frankie, a fighter who can make 135.

Shamrock retired nine years before fighting Diaz. When he did fight Nick he went into the cage with a broken rib and no real intent to win. He was a paid shill for the promotion he worked for, to try to make Diaz look like he could beat "Name" fighters. Seems to have worked, as many Shertards are convinced.

Was outstruck by Condit. Lost 4/5 rounds.

Was outstruck by Silva, a man nearly 40 years of age returning from the most horrific injury I've ever seen in the cage. Lost every round. Fought for a paycheck, obviously trying to avoid being KO'd. Showed real cowardice there. Silva's drugs had nothing to do with what happened inside the cage.

Was boxed up and lost to KJ, a middling LW fighter. Was getting boxed up again by this little fella until the size difference kicked in.

His signature win for his career is beating Daley, a 1 - 3 fighter in SF. Congrats.

The Fireball Kid is perhaps the most overrated fighter in MMA history, excluding Nick. Check out his record without all the bush league wins in 3rd rate Japanese promotions. What does GoGoing some LW 10 years ago have to do with who is the best WW striker currently?
Went pretty far out of your way to discredit Nick. He top 5 for sure

Nick belongs on the list period. Perfect combination of cardio, striking, and fearlessness. Superior to Rory in this regard as he never backs down. Nick is unfinishable on the feet. But Rory is finish able and in a fight Diaz has the edge.

FACTS discredit the claims by Diaz nuthuggers.
Your opinions are far from facts you butthurt bitch. Basically made excuses for bj and Anderson. Anderson considered goat and bj doesn't gas unless its a mix of wrestling. He got fucked up. Condit outstruck diaz with shots that had no bearing and earned his points. Diaz was outstruck by bj in the first and went in to set a record for significant strikes in the second. AS nor Diaz did much in their fight. As for my boy Frank, he got destroyed. Diaz is definitely up there with the best if them whether you like it or not so stop throwing opinions out and calling them facts

Last edited:
No order

Condit
Alves
Robbie
Rory
Thompson

Your opinions are from facts you butthurt bitch. Basically made excuses for bj and Anderson. Anderson considered goat and bj doesn't gas unless its a mix of wrestling. He got fucked up. Condit outstruck diaz with shots that had no bearing and earned his points. Diaz was outstruck by bj in the first and went in to set a record for significant strikes in the second. AS nor Diaz did much in their fight. As for my boy Frank, he got destroyed. Diaz is definitely up there with the best if them whether you like it or not so stop throwing opinions out and calling them facts

Well, aren’t you just the internet tough guy!

The FACTS show that most of what Diaz fans believe are myths. He isn’t a great WW striker. Since coming back to the UFC he has fought two WWs. He was outstruck by both of them. Somehow Shertards like you think this is some sort of victory for Nick.

When he comes back he’ll need Dana to tee up some has-been or never-was LW with no wrestling for Diaz to stop his losing streak. Put him in with a decent WW and he will get beat, jabber incoherently at the post fight, and rage quit. Again.

Nick would put a clinic on Larkin, Alves, I've even seen Ben Saunders name mentioned, lol I mean come I guys if you really think those guys would out strike Nick you are insane.

I think he would box Rory's head off as well in a pure striking match

With the way Nick stand Alves would destroy his legs

Well, aren’t you just the internet tough guy!

The FACTS show that most of what Diaz fans believe are myths. He isn’t a great WW striker. Since coming back to the UFC he has fought two WWs. He was outstruck by both of them. Somehow Shertards like you think this is some sort of victory for Nick.

When he comes back he’ll need Dana to tee up some has-been or never-was LW with no wrestling for Diaz to stop his losing streak. Put him in with a decent WW and he will get beat, jabber incoherently at the post fight, and rage quit. Again.
3 fights at ww. 1 at mw. Lost fair and square to the goat of each division and in my opinion beat condit and bj. In none of these fights did he get outclassed except for against Gsp. He is in the top 5 as far as strikers. Not a tough guy but I cant stand people like you that put so much effort into hating on specific fighters. Is your life that bad?

3 fights at ww. 1 at mw. Lost fair and square to the goat of each division and in my opinion beat condit and bj. In none of these fights did he get outclassed except for against Gsp. He is in the top 5 as far as strikers. Not a tough guy but I cant stand people like you that put so much effort into hating on specific fighters. Is your life that bad?

How the fuck did he not get outclassed by Silva? He lost every round and fought not to lose. He wasn't his usual aggressive self and tried to counter strike Anderson. He fought in a way that he had no chance to win. Fuck, he even turned his back and "ran" Condit style at one point

People like you get slapped where I come from.

- only guy to ko our current ww champion
- first guy to outstrike BJ Penn
- retired Frank Shamrock
- retired BJ Penn (he came back, but he did retire after a Diaz ass whoopin)
- only guy to make Carlos Condit get on his bicycle the whole fight
- only proven guy to make Anderson Silva take steroids to fight a guy that was a weight class lower than him
- broke KJ Noon's (a pro boxer) jaw on top of out boxing him
- outstruck and ko'd Paul Daley in 1 round
- outstruck a prime Takanori Gomi (before he gogo'd him)

Name 10 other WW's with a list of striking accomplishments like that. Hell name 5. Then consider that he started out as a solely BJJ guy. Shit.
Thank you brother. I can't believe the amount of disrespect Diaz gets. That list is so damn impressive. Even in Nick's losses he always looks good. I might even say his performance with GSP and the fact that he stood and traded with Anderson without getting knocked out are probably the two fights I was most impressed with Nick. Even though they were losses. He was neck and neck with the GOATS.

There is no evidence that he is an elite WW striker. You are salty because your belief system has beeen exposed.

My life is great. Even better that I don't worship a drug-addled moron like some Shertards.

Lets see your boy work his way up the WW ladder. HaHaHaHaHa!

How the fuck did he not get outclassed by Silva? He lost every round and fought not to lose. He wasn't his usual aggressive self and tried to counter strike Anderson. He fought in a way that he had no chance to win. Fuck, he even turned his back and "ran" Condit style at one point
Tried to counter fight Anderson and Anderson refused and simply outpointed him. Made for a boring fight and if you think thats being outclassed you have seen to many fights

Thank you brother. I can't believe the amount of disrespect Diaz gets. That list is so damn impressive. Even in Nick's losses he always looks good. I might even say his performance with GSP and the fact that he stood and traded with Anderson without getting knocked out are probably the two fights I was most impressed with Nick. Even though they were losses. He was neck and neck with the GOATS.

He got dominated by GSP and lost every round to a Anderson who looked like a shell of his former self. And he didn't stand and trade with Silva. He tried counter punching him for some reason

Wonderboy
Nick Diaz
Robbie Lawler
Carlos Condit

Can't think of anyone else on their level. Big drop off after those four.

There is no evidence that he is an elite WW striker. You are salty because your belief system has beeen exposed.

My life is great. Even better that I don't worship a drug-addled moron like some Shertards.

Lets see your boy work his way up the WW ladder. HaHaHaHaHa!
He wont just like bj wont in his return but I will watch and root for them. You lack a love for the fights and fighters which is why I know your a failure in life since you come in forums to not offer anything other than hate like a mad freckled stepchild

Tried to counter fight Anderson and Anderson refused and simply outpointed him. Made for a boring fight and if you think thats being outclassed you have seen to many fights

Anderson also tried to counter punch (you know, since he is a fucking counter puncher) and Nick just stood there taunting out of range. NICK made it a boring fight. Anderson was more aggressive and clearly won every round. If you clearly win every round then you are outclassed.

I get why Nick fought the way he did because he would probably have been KOd if he fought like he usually does, but how he fought gave him no chance to win. Nick can't win the stay on the outside and counter punch game. He fought scared and didn't try to attack. He did the same thing with GSP except on the ground (on the feet too because he kept eating a jab when he got aggressive). When Nick is outclassed he just tries to hold on and make the fight boring (like when he stopped doing anything vs Condit after round 2)

Back