5 best strikers at Welterweight right now?

Good list, except for Diaz. I don't think he's a top ten striker. In no particular order:

People like you get slapped where I come from.

- only guy to ko our current ww champion
- first guy to outstrike BJ Penn
- retired Frank Shamrock
- retired BJ Penn (he came back, but he did retire after a Diaz ass whoopin)
- only guy to make Carlos Condit get on his bicycle the whole fight
- only proven guy to make Anderson Silva take steroids to fight a guy that was a weight class lower than him
- broke KJ Noon's (a pro boxer) jaw on top of out boxing him
- outstruck and ko'd Paul Daley in 1 round
- outstruck a prime Takanori Gomi (before he gogo'd him)

Name 10 other WW's with a list of striking accomplishments like that. Hell name 5. Then consider that he started out as a solely BJJ guy. Shit.

Thompson
Condit
Lawler
Tumenov
Rory

I chose not to include Diaz because he has been out so long and it made this list easier for me. Idk where I would put him if I included him. Diaz, Tumenov, and Rory could be in any order imo.

- retired Frank Shamrock
- only proven guy to make Anderson Silva take steroids to fight a guy that was a weight class lower than him

Name 10 other WW's with a list of striking accomplishments like that. Hell name 5. Then consider that he started out as a solely BJJ guy. Shit.
I agree with most of your post, but to make it sound like he was running a clinic on Daley is deceiving. He was almost out for a hot second before scoring that finish.

I agree with most of your post, but to make it sound like he was running a clinic on Daley is deceiving. He was almost out for a hot second before scoring that finish.

So you mean he almost lost until he ko'd his opponent? gotcha

That's his durability showing. And it's one of his most valuable assets as a fighter.

I do get what you're saying though. He didn't run a clinic on Daley, but it was a lot of give and take for both of them in that fight. Nick just came out on top.

Diaz probably isn't a top 5 striker, but he is one hell of a tough SOB. chin/cardio are one of the best of the buisness

- retired Frank Shamrock

most of these things happened 4+ years ago. the thread asked who are the best right now. nick is a has-been.

most of these things happened 4+ years ago. the thread asked who are the best right now. nick is a has-been.
Nick would put a clinic on Larkin, Alves, I've even seen Ben Saunders name mentioned, lol I mean come I guys if you really think those guys would out strike Nick you are insane.

I think he would box Rory's head off as well in a pure striking match

Well I mentioned his last 2 fights (aside from the GSP fight). He's been suspended for probably half of the last 4 years so idk what point you're trying to make.

You'll be one of the one's back on his nuts after he stomps whoever he fights next. Wait and see. Nick is the UFC. Nick is the big show.

So you mean he almost lost until he ko'd his opponent? gotcha

That's his durability showing. And it's one of his most valuable assets as a fighter.

I do get what you're saying though. He didn't run a clinic on Daley, but it was a lot of give and take for both of them in that fight. Nick just came out on top.
Yeah. The only thing I didn't like was the use of the word "outstruck" because in its normal usage it means that one fighter was handily winning the standup, which wasn't really the case. You already knew that, though.

Yeah. The only thing I didn't like was the use of the word "outstruck" because in its normal usage it means that one fighter was handily winning the standup, which wasn't really the case. You already knew that, though.

yeah i get where you're comin from bro

1.Stephan Thompson (Angles, resets, fancy powerful kicks)

2.Robbie Lawler (hand fighting, power, aggression)

3.Albert Tumenov (Einstein man)

4.Lorenz Larkin (power, speed, technique, diversity)

5.Carlos Condit (Creativity, Arsenal, distance, killer instinct)

I am certain that no one here saw Wonderboy fight before he beat Hendricks.

Yea never saw the Brown, Whittaker, Ellenberger, and Stittgen fights. That was someone else controlling my body

I'm definitely bias but Rory isn't getting enough love.

Most technical by far and has underrated speed, 95% of his strikes are thrown calculated and with good form. I'd be willing to bet he outstrikes anyone at ww other than Lawler.

Which is another good point because Lawler, while not as refined a striker just has the perfect style to get to him and a lot of guys.. Good timing, power and grit.

Style Matchups make lists like these hard to determine.

He also wasn't outstriking gomi in that fight either.

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

*edit* just watched the whole fight again. Diaz did outstrikie him once Gomi gassed himself out beating on Diaz's head.

Hendricks getting no love despite out striking Lawler in both fights, out striking GSP, flatlining Fitch and Kampmann.

1. Wonderboy
2. condit
3. Hendricks
4. Robbie
5. Rory

Back