Media Cory Sandhagen drops TJ dillashaw

Yet the judges still scored it a 10-9 cause they was busy looking at their phones.

That's the only round Corey clearly won

I just re-watched the fight, and I agree. Round 2 was the only clear round for Sandhagen. Round 1+3 were clear for TJ. rounds 4 and 5 were toss ups.

Laugh all you want, but they need to ditch this 10-9 all the time crap. 10-8s should be used when a guy clearly wins a round and 10-7s should be given when a guy dominates. Scoring system needs to be changed.

Laugh all you want, but they need to ditch this 10-9 all the time crap. 10-8s should be used when a guy clearly wins a round and 10-7s should be given when a guy dominates. Scoring system needs to be changed.

using this logic, would TJ also get 10-8s for round 1 and 3?

round 1, 2 and 3 were the only obvious rounds of the fight

I've said this in several threads, and I'll say it again.

10-10 if you think it could have gone either way.
10-9 if it was clear, but marginal who won the round
10-8 if it was clear and convincing who won the round.
10-7 if it's largely dominant, but the opponent wasn't helpless.
10-6 if the round is basically a shut-out.

Have to go back and watch it. Not commenting on who won, just that this 10-9 shit is broken.

There needs to be more 10-8s and 10-7s. If a guy almost gets knocked out in round 1, he shouldn’t be able to win by barely winning rounds 2 & 3 (not talking about any fight tonight).

As an aside, was round 1 when TJ got cut and had his leg popped?

This ^. The 10-9 system for scoring in MMA is already flawed. One of the best ways to mitigate that is getting more liberal with 10-8 rounds, because all 10-9’s definitely are not created the same.

Back