Condit vs Cerrone?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Both are super long in the tooth, not anywhere near title contention, and pretty close to retirement imo.
Say Condit resigns with the UFC do you think those two would fight each other considering they used to train together at Jackson/ Wink?

If they did fight, who would you favor to win?

I'm not sure they would fight each other considering how long each was at Jackson's together. If they would be willing to, I would be down for it. These are the type of fights they should make with guys obviously beyond their prime.

It would be fun banger of a fight. Cowboy might use his wrestling in that one though.

I'd prefer Condit/Lawler II. Cerrone should stay at 155 if he's gonna keep fighting, he has no business at 170 at this stage of his career.

Condit/Lawler I was an awesome, super close fight. And now they're both at a similar point in their careers (near the end) where the re-match makes perfect sense.

It would be fun banger of a fight. Cowboy might use his wrestling in that one though.

What, you mean he wouldn’t give the fans what they want? I guess he only agrees to shit like that if he’s fighting Conor.

What, you mean he wouldn’t give the fans what they want? I guess he only agrees to shit like that if he’s fighting Conor.

He would've taken Conor down if he had his marbles still. Cerrone can still fight but he gets destroyed by early pressure fighters almost every time.

Both are super long in the tooth, not anywhere near title contention, and pretty close to retirement imo.
Say Condit resigns with the UFC do you think those two would fight each other considering they used to train together at Jackson/ Wink?

If they did fight, who would you favor to win?
Cerrone has moments of greatness. Condit and Brown looked like two old dudes fighting for the last pudding cup. Condit goes to Bellator to get f'd by no name younger guys.

Is there talk of Condit staying? I’d have thought Dana would let him walk tbh given the stage he’s at and the money he’ll likely ask for.

I thought they said they would fight each other. I know Cerrone wanted to be GSP's comeback fight for the $$$. I know Carlos said he'd target GSP's recovered injured knees. They are all associated with Jackson Wink.

Not expecting any such DC/Cain type loyalty to each other from these guys who seem like they aren't good with saving and investing money wisely.

They train together at BMF ranch even now, as well as 10+ years together at Jackson/Wink. IF Condit is re-signed then do:
Condit vs Means
Cowboy vs Bobby Green*

*Cowboy announced he was returning to 155

Condit vs Luque, Price, Barberena, Means all fun match ups that would certainly get the JBG's seal of approval. I have very little faith in Cowboy anymore.

I hate when that happens with fighters i once loved.

why would you want to see a much worse version of a great fight? that shit would be sad IMO.
I disagree. I think that both guys being at the same stage in their career is going to make it competitive and its not like they are slow sloppy HWs.

Condit vs Luque, Price, Barberena, Means all fun match ups that would certainly get the JBG's seal of approval. I have very little faith in Cowboy anymore.

I hate when that happens with fighters i once loved.
The matchmakers should be charged with attempted murder if they feed Condit to Luque at this stage in Condit's career.

If Condit's gonna keep fighting in the UFC, he should be matched up with older past prime guys from his era, like his last couple matchups vs McGee and Brown. Guys like Lawler/Cowboy/Means would make a lot of sense. Luque's a top 10 WW in his prime, that would be ugly.

Back