4 years after his retirement, Khabib's sloppy seconds are demolishing the 'new generation'

Dustin has been in the UFC for like 11 or 12 years now. Like, him and Khabib joined the UFC around the same time. I don't think you can call him "the new generation" anymore.

But yeah I mean we are finally seeing super strong wrestlers that invested the time into getting super good at BJJ. It's a deadly combination

It's kinda obvious he was dominant. He didn't retire that long ago. He was the best in high divsion. Dominant champ

He had three title defenses.
If he had hype and people didn't duck him he'd have a bigger resume. It took him long to be a name and get big fights. They ducked him until he was champion. It took him long to become champ

Edit : he went 10-0 in the UFC to get a title shot. Others have gotten title shots of losses or 1 win. Dustin is getting one now after 1 win.

Last edited:
If he had hype and people didn't duck him he'd have a bigger resume. It took him long to be a name and get big fights. They ducked him until he was champion. It took him long to become champ
That is one way to look at it.

You have to remember that at one point Khabib was considered one of the most boring fighters in the UFC. Big risk, no reward.

Yeah I don't know why TS decided to use a weird sexual metaphor, but here we are.

Khabib's Cream Pies are demolishing the new generation.

174c30b8-169c-4361-b6fb-8fb54cd00602_text.gif

He didn’t even beat what would be considered his 2 hardest matchups at that time, Arman and Gamrot. Of course, they will not get a title shot, but Justin always will.

Also, a superior Khabib is champion right now.
Arman is a tough match up for the whole division, Gamrot is a small 155er who held on for his life against a good but diminished fighter in RDA

Both sides are right. Khabib was absolutely dominant and his career at the top level was a couple years too short.

its just a testament to how much better khabib is than everyone else

really no other fighter has shown the level of dominance he has, including jones, gsp and anderson
Add Pride days Fedor and you have the 5 GOATs list. In my view none ranks above another they all cohabit as GOATs, some with better records, or with better opposition, or better performances, etc.

It's 2024 and Justin and Dustin are still title contenders, beating the so called new guard like Fiziev, BSD...

I'm not impressed with this new generation
Not bashing BSD but that was a huge step up for him and he still has huge holes he needs to fix before he can be a top5 fighter.

Poirier has aged massively in the last year or so. You can see it in his energy levels and in his appearance. I expect him to start his decline run with lesser and lesser apanyents until he retires.

Khabib retired early, but 2 of his sons and his little brother are taking care of business

He may not be in goat contention by retiring without more titles, but he fucking destroyed guys who are still right at the top years later

Khabib has arguably the best prime of any fighter. It's similar to Tyson in boxing, who lacked the longevity of some others, but his prime was frightening
Not even close to Jon Jones. Jones destroyed way tougher opponents.

It's hilarious this narrative that casuals and those with similar mindsets, put out. Comical at best.
Yea.

Khabib went out with 3 straight finishes against legit title contenders. It was an awesome run.

I don't think Khabib was intimidated by anyone.

He left because of the passing of his father and the promise he made to his mother.

Khabib's legacy improves because someone else beat a green, sloppy fighter who started training MMA in 2019, who clearly had a debilitating staph infection and who hasn't beaten anybody in the UFC rankings.

I feel like I've walked in on a Mensa meeting.

So many riled up casuals in here.. if Khabib isn't top 3 at LW.. who do you place higher, why and would that person beat Khabib.. how? Don't say Ferguson, the delusional kid who hadn't fought a top 5 opponent, let alone multiple top 10 opponents, has shown to not be elite or Championship worthy.

Yea.

Khabib went out with 3 straight finishes against legit title contenders. It was an awesome run.

I don't think Khabib was intimidated by anyone.

He left because of the passing of his father and the promise he made to his mother.
Simple as that.. nothing more, nothing less.

Back