4 years after his retirement, Khabib's sloppy seconds are demolishing the 'new generation'

When you are roided and coked out, yeah that's usually what happens.
Doesn't change the strength of competition he faced though. He beat many champions. Khabib was still fighting nobodies with 0-0 records 15 fights in.

Reactions: JKS
Doesn't change the strength of competition he faced though. He beat many champions. Khabib was still fighting nobodies with 0-0 records 15 fights in.
Jon was champion before Khabib ever even got into the UFC.

He's still champion 3.5 years after Khabib retired.

Reactions: JKS
And when he made it to the highest level, the guys he was beating were losing just like those with the 0-0 records as well.
Yeah but that’s true for Jones too, except he did it earlier in his career, for longer, against better opponents and in 2 weight classes.

It's 2024 and Justin and Dustin are still title contenders, beating the so called new guard like Fiziev, BSD...

I'm not impressed with this new generation
hmmm. you talking about islam? he still has not faced justin, porier, etc. though i believe he beats em all. regardless of that, the state of california has produce more world champs than all of russia, i feel like the daegstani takeover is very overplayed in the mma community. anko, sharbutin, and the rest of the daegstani prodigies in the ufc don't seem to be getting title fights for a little while. maybe anko gets one after hill vs. poatan plays out.

Jon was champion before Khabib ever even got into the UFC.

He's still champion 3.5 years after Khabib retired.
anyone that says khabib is in the same convo as bones in terms of goat status is on crack. khabib retired too early to be called a goat and his dominance was short lived. hell, even izzy and poatan have more claim to that tier than khabib does.khabib never moved up weight classes or defended his belt much. i feel like his greatness is greatly exaggerated for putting daegstan on the map and for what he "may" have accomplished if he stayed around.

Yeah but that’s true for Jones too, except he did it earlier in his career, for longer, against better opponents and in 2 weight classes.
Jones also tested positive for steroids more than once and you have some on here thinking he lost to Gus, Santos and Reyes. Personally, I thought he only lost to Reyes but he did have close fights with the other two. Khabib has the argument that Gleison beat him but if people actually went and watched the fight, Khabib was the one pressing the action.

Jones also tested positive for steroids more than once and you have some on here thinking he lost to Gus, Santos and Reyes. Personally, I thought he only lost to Reyes but he did have close fights with the other two. Khabib has the argument that Gleison beat him but if people actually went and watched the fight, Khabib was the one pressing the action.
Yes, but again, that does not change the level of competition he faced. Also, a lot of his opponents were on PEDs too, e.g. Vitor.

Khabib is a great fighter (dominant, never hurt, zero losses), but his resume is still weak. GSP, Aldo, Jones all did way more during their title reigns.

remember all the Khabib haters jumping on Oliveira's dick and claiming him overshadowing Khabib legacy?

Khabib unleashed his sidekick Islam on the guy and they shut up real quick

Yes, but again, that does not change the level of competition he faced. Also, a lot of his opponents were on PEDs too, e.g. Vitor.

Khabib is a great fighter (dominant, never hurt, zero losses), but his resume is still weak. GSP, Aldo, Jones all did way more during their title reigns.
and AGAIN, the competition he faced from 1 to 29 all were beaten and hardly ever got any offense in. No close decisions unless you want to scream Gleison Tibau which is the only argument and even then it isn't a good one. I'm not saying he's the GOAT but he certainly has a better claim to it then Coke Bones, that's for certain and I'm sure his legacy at 155 will be surpassed but he's still sitting at the top of the deepest division so far.

and AGAIN, the competition he faced from 1 to 29 all were beaten and hardly ever got any offense in. No close decisions unless you want to scream Gleison Tibau which is the only argument and even then it isn't a good one. I'm not saying he's the GOAT but he certainly has a better claim to it then Coke Bones, that's for certain and I'm sure his legacy at 155 will be surpassed but he's still sitting at the top of the deepest division so far.
Yeah and at least 50% of those were absolutely garbage no name opponents with records of 0-0 and 0-1 while he was already an experienced fighter with 15ish pro fights. Once he got to top quality opponents he quit after 3 fights.

Longevity is important for rankings. Obviously it's a lot easier to stay undefeated if you quit early. Especially in an unpredictable sport like MMA.

Kebab was dominant but he didn't stay around long enough for goat talks. I don't even think he was number one p4p. He begged Dana for that. I think he would have beaten everyone though, but I do wonder if he would have always made weight.

We lost out on some great fights but he walked away with his health and money. He also seems like a decent human being too.

Using the term "sloppy seconds" to describe Poirier and Gaethje is incredibly gay.

With Poirier beating BSD

Gaethje beating Chandler and Fiziev

Islam beating Oliviera.

No one yet managed to come up who is a threat to Khabib’s legacy, only his literal brother for life in Islam can surpass Khabib and this speaks volumes on his legacy.

He just wasn't around long enough for his legacy to be challenged in any meaningful way. 4 top 10 wins does not a legend make. That's promising prospect status. Khabib seems like he could have been the greatest, I'll give you that, but seeming like and actually doing are two very different things. Khabib simply didn't put in the work to prove it. Which is fine, I'm sure he's happy with his decision, but breathless sandras like yourself jerking off about his voluminous legacy is a bit weird.

Yeah and at least 50% of those were absolutely garbage no name opponents with records of 0-0 and 0-1 while he was already an experienced fighter with 15ish pro fights. Once he got to top quality opponents he quit after 3 fights.

Longevity is important for rankings. Obviously it's a lot easier to stay undefeated if you quit early. Especially in an unpredictable sport like MMA.
After 3 fights?? Lol. Poor RDA, Edson, MJ, Iaquinta and everyone else who isn't on your list of what is a top quality opponent cause it certainly isn't RDA, you put Conor in that category instead. It kind of shows that you are set in your ways and yes, longevity is important, I never said it wasn't, but going well past 20-0 is also impressive which includes winning the belt and successfully defending it more than once also matters, every opponent fell the exact same way whether they were 0-0 or 22-3. You said it yourself, unpredictable in MMA and still went 29-0.

How are you? Not bad!. What a way to start a convo! | by Sushil Rapatwar |  Medium

Wait, are you arguing that Khabib has a better claim to Goat than Jones???

Back