4 Fights Announced For UFC 192 Today, Yet 191 Only Has 7 Fights Confirmed

191 is gonna suck

as my 2 fav HW fighters face each other :(

Wow I just realised the card is 4 weeks away from now. Its safe to assume the main card is known entirely by now, they need 3 more FS1 prelims fights and 1 more FP fight.

Don't understand the logic behind it? The UFC inked 4 fights for the UFC 192 card in Houston today (7 confirmed in total) yet not a single one announced for UFC 191 which only has 7 official fights announced and will be exactly one month away as of tomorrow. What gives, UFC? Just cancel that shit.

EDIT: Here, you lazy fucks.

UFC 191:
Mighty Mouse vs. John Dodson II
Andrei Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
Rumble Johnson vs. Jimi Manuwa
Paige VanZant vs. Alex Chambers
John Lineker vs. Francisco Rivera
Jan Blachowicz vs. Corey Anderson
Joaquim Silva vs. Nazareno Malegarie

UFC 192:
Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Ryan Bader vs. Rashad Evans
Jessica Eye vs. Julianna Pe

Wow I just realised the card is 4 weeks away from now. Its safe to assume the main card is known entirely by now, they need 3 more FS1 prelims fights and 1 more FP fight.

If that's the case I guess Jan/Corey is on the main card. Meh. I'd rather pay for Lineker/Rivera and get Jan/Corey for free. I know it doesn't really matter but it's the principal, haha. Lineker/Rivera is a fight that helps me justify the cost of the PPV. Jan/Corey doesn't do much for me.

It's very strange that there's only 7 fights with it being this close. I don't see them cancelling it, but if it ends up with only 7 fights then it'd be the smallest card in a long time. With 7 fights, they have 5 PPV fights and 2 FS1 prelim fights, so maybe they're going with a 1-hour TV slot. Or maybe they'll scramble to find 2 or more late fights. At least they're mostly good fights. The only one I don't care about is the TUF Brazil fight.

UFC 191 is where something like JDS vs. Overeem needs to happen, just to get the Heavyweight division moving further forward and to shake the rankings up a bit. Obviously that's not going tobe announced this late in the piece, though.

The Benevidez-Cejudo fight should have been retained for 191 at least, too, as it's pretty much a #1 contenders fight for the Flyweight division.

If that's the case I guess Jan/Corey is on the main card. Meh. I'd rather pay for Lineker/Rivera and get Jan/Corey for free. I know it doesn't really matter but it's the principal, haha. Lineker/Rivera is a fight that helps me justify the cost of the PPV. Jan/Corey doesn't do much for me.

MM vs Dodson
Mir vs Arlovski
Rumble vs Manuwa
Lineker vs Rivera
PVZ vs Chambers

There's your main card.

UFC 191 is where something like JDS vs. Overeem needs to happen, just to get the Heavyweight division moving further forward and to shake the rankings up a bit. Obviously that's not going tobe announced this late in the piece, though.

The Benevidez-Cejudo fight should have been retained for 191 at least, too, as it's pretty much a #1 contenders fight for the Flyweight division.

Yeah, I think Reem/JDS is basically inked but it's going down in December because JDS won't be ready to go til then.

Im confused. Can someone please get me up to speed on whats going on? Why is Gus fighting DC for the title when he just took a shit kicking from rumble who is now fighting some guy named jimi? Isn't there anyone else available?

Im confused. Can someone please get me up to speed on whats going on? Why is Gus fighting DC for the title when he just took a shit kicking from rumble who is now fighting some guy named jimi? Isn't there anyone else available?

Long story short, Bader got screwed and they went with the guy they thought would bring a more exciting fight.

Lots of fun fights.

Didn't hear about Sergio vs Carioso. Super fun fight

i dont know how everyone else feels but with benavidez/cejudo getting scratched, 191 is is lacking... hell i can see 1 or 2 major fights (mir/arlovski or johnson/manuwa) getting scratched since it was put together so randomly, so late.

but, it is not a bad card by any means, esp how quickly they put it together. also, wasnt manuwa NOT ALLOWED to fight in the US or outside of Europe, anyway? what gives??? can anyone clarify?

Yeah, I think Reem/JDS is basically inked but it's going down in December because JDS won't be ready to go til then.

Potentially the same card as Werdum-Cain II?

In4 Werdum-Cain II, JDS-Overeem, Aldo-McGregor and Rousey-Tate III all on the same NYE card at AT&T Stadium :eek::p

Potentially the same card as Werdum-Cain II?

In4 Werdum-Cain II, JDS-Overeem, Aldo-McGregor and Rousey-Tate III all on the same NYE card at AT&T Stadium :eek::p

highly doubtful there will be three title fights. werdum cain 2 will go down somehwere else imo.

I like Mm as a fighter. But he's too good. It's like watching Ronda. There is no thrill and you can't even gamble cause the odds are 1600 in Rhondas favor.

In the 145, 55,70,85,205 to a lesser extent, and now heavyweight with Werdum there are so many exciting match ups where you don't know who will win. If Fedor got an instant title shot, I'd lean towards Werdum winning. But it's Fedor, you simply cannot count him out.

But with mm, yea he'll win in the fourth. It will be a fun fight to watch, but I'll never be worried he'll lose.

Skipping both cards unless at least one more relevant fight is added to each. Now if they combined them - Paper Belt main, flyweight rematch co-main, 4 LHWs fighting not to lose, and a random 5th fight - maybe would watch.

Back