$3k home gym

On one gi? Or one piece of equipment?
If you invest in a few gis some home mats you'll be in for an easy 700 but its usually not as expensive as lifting equipment, you gotta buy used ESPECIALLY with stuff as durable as dumbbells!
The kettlebell craze really brought the price down on those and puzzle mats do ok so i think you can get by cheaper if you really dig.

If you invest in a few gis some home mats you'll be in for an easy 700 but its usually not as expensive as lifting equipment, you gotta buy used ESPECIALLY with stuff as durable as dumbbells!
The kettlebell craze really brought the price down on those and puzzle mats do ok so i think you can get by cheaper if you really dig.
Clearly you haven’t bought any weightlifting equipment this year. It’s impossible to find anything used and the prices on virtually everything are higher than last year (when there’s stock available which is still inconsistent). This year will probably be the best year the home fitness industry has had maybe ever. Demand has sky rocketed, supply hasn’t kept up, and thus prices are high.

Yea but thats a whole setup not one gi or one rash guard

Clearly you haven’t bought any weightlifting equipment this year. It’s impossible to find anything used and the prices on virtually everything are higher than last year (when there’s stock available which is still inconsistent). This year will probably be the best year the home fitness industry has had maybe ever. Demand has sky rocketed, supply hasn’t kept up, and thus prices are high.
Yeah good point, time to invest in your bjj gear then!

Yea but thats a whole setup not one gi or one rash guard
Any sports going to cost you at least three to five hundred dollars to get set up in but once the initial investment is done you can usually ride that out for sometime.
I don't know if my imagination is acting up but it seems like Gi prices have gone way down. Everybody should have a basic set of Home mats for stretching and polymerics and at least 2 gis so you dont have to keep washing.

Any sports going to cost you at least three to five hundred dollars to get set up in but once the initial investment is done you can usually ride that out for sometime.
I don't know if my imagination is acting up but it seems like Gi prices have gone way down. Everybody should have a basic set of Home mats for stretching and polymerics and at least 2 gis so you dont have to keep washing.

Disagree...

Why does everyone need home mats? I completely disagree. If you're paying for a membership to a BJJ or MMA gym then just go to the gym more often or go simply to do that.

If you really wanted to be cost effective you could get 2x Gis for like 140-200 dollars, a compression shirt and a nike drifit or something for another ~40-50, a mouth guard for like 12 bucks. So yeah that's 262 dollars on the high end and you're getting an extra gi which you don't need.

Do you have a rug anywhere in your house? A carpet? Grass outside? I just don't see the need to buy super expensive mats to just do warm ups on. Unless you have multiple partners to actually do BJJ/wrestling/MMA with and the space and the money...it will cost a ton regardless to make that set up.

Long winded rambling here, but to bring it back - the Dumbbells are 700 dollars. That's just crazy. You could get 4 good gis, overpay for a rashguard, get some spats/leggings whatever they're called, get a good mouthguard, get some boxing and MMA gloves and still be under budget probably.

I really don't understand TS' fixation with spending nearly a grand on adjustable dumbbells. Sounds like they are paying for the brand here "Ironmind". You can simply get an olyimpic plate loaded dumbbell handle for like 40-60 bucks I think, literally 1/12th the cost for the same thing considering you're buying plates anyway.

Virtually 1/3rd of a 3,000 dollar budget is being spent on an adjustable dumbbell block. Sorry but that's mismanaging the budget and a mistake. Again plate loaded dumbbells that are mini-barbells essentially for a pair is going to be 1/7th the cost roughly and can load more weight.

700 dollar dumbells? Jesus

Yeah I decided to look them up since I am currently doing nothing:

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/quick-lock-adjustable-dumbbells-75-original/

Sorry TS but that's dogshit. They only go up to 75lbs? I can only speak from my perspective, but I'm not the strongest guy in the world nor the biggest. I'm 6 feet, ~190 right now.

I can tell you right now that: Single arm DB rows, shrugs, DB bench press - for me and any decently strong person will all already be using the upper end-max of that 75lb limit for high rep volume work pretty much. An average+ sized male working hard is going to progress beyond using the max this DB system has to offer pretty fast.

700 dollars is not justifiable on this adjustable DB set. Also it's not in stock. Again I'd go with someone like this:

https://www.tredder.com/product/god...MI1uCI0abz6wIVZAiICR1wLgeqEAQYBCABEgK7a_D_BwE

Not saying this exact model, but I did buy some cheap CAP ~35-50 dollar per handle one on Amazon years ago. One handle collar broke (I believe my brother did it though) and the other is still fine to this day. You could load 4x 25lb plates onto something like this and that will be ~110lbs with the bar, without factoring in collars.

Idk just my two cents, would be decreasing a hypothetical budget from 700 dollars to ~100 dollars while providing a superior product for anyone hoping to surpass using 75lbs as a 1 to 5 to 10 rep max for any exercise.

Disagree...

Why does everyone need home mats? I completely disagree. If you're paying for a membership to a BJJ or MMA gym then just go to the gym more often or go simply to do that.

If you really wanted to be cost effective you could get 2x Gis for like 140-200 dollars, a compression shirt and a nike drifit or something for another ~40-50, a mouth guard for like 12 bucks. So yeah that's 262 dollars on the high end and you're getting an extra gi which you don't need.

Do you have a rug anywhere in your house? A carpet? Grass outside? I just don't see the need to buy super expensive mats to just do warm ups on. Unless you have multiple partners to actually do BJJ/wrestling/MMA with and the space and the money...it will cost a ton regardless to make that set up.

Long winded rambling here, but to bring it back - the Dumbbells are 700 dollars. That's just crazy. You could get 4 good gis, overpay for a rashguard, get some spats/leggings whatever they're called, get a good mouthguard, get some boxing and MMA gloves and still be under budget probably.

I really don't understand TS' fixation with spending nearly a grand on adjustable dumbbells. Sounds like they are paying for the brand here "Ironmind". You can simply get an olyimpic plate loaded dumbbell handle for like 40-60 bucks I think, literally 1/12th the cost for the same thing considering you're buying plates anyway.

Virtually 1/3rd of a 3,000 dollar budget is being spent on an adjustable dumbbell block. Sorry but that's mismanaging the budget and a mistake. Again plate loaded dumbbells that are mini-barbells essentially for a pair is going to be 1/7th the cost roughly and can load more weight.

A couple of 4 x 8 mats and you could lay out and practice your Technique/ stretch/polymeric plus your woman can do yoga and you need 2 gi (at least) so you don't have to rush the wash

Careful with fantasy home gyms. Before you know it, you'll be a few grand in with dust collecting over stuff you had to have. And still have a gym membership for once a week socializing.

Get the mats from a farm supply store. Stall mats come in 3x3, 4x6, or just order 10 ft rolls of rubber flooring.
Local listings for stocking up on iron plates and bells for cheap. Wiping some rust off for $5 beats having a brand new one for $75 when they weigh the same

Disagree...

Yeah I decided to look them up since I am currently doing nothing:

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/quick-lock-adjustable-dumbbells-75-original/

Sorry TS but that's dogshit. They only go up to 75lbs? I can only speak from my perspective, but I'm not the strongest guy in the world nor the biggest. I'm 6 feet, ~190 right now.

I can tell you right now that: Single arm DB rows, shrugs, DB bench press - for me and any decently strong person will all already be using the upper end-max of that 75lb limit for high rep volume work pretty much. An average+ sized male working hard is going to progress beyond using the max this DB system has to offer pretty fast.

700 dollars is not justifiable on this adjustable DB set. Also it's not in stock. Again I'd go with someone like this:

https://www.tredder.com/product/god...MI1uCI0abz6wIVZAiICR1wLgeqEAQYBCABEgK7a_D_BwE

Not saying this exact model, but I did buy some cheap CAP ~35-50 dollar per handle one on Amazon years ago. One handle collar broke (I believe my brother did it though) and the other is still fine to this day. You could load 4x 25lb plates onto something like this and that will be ~110lbs with the bar, without factoring in collars.

Idk just my two cents, would be decreasing a hypothetical budget from 700 dollars to ~100 dollars while providing a superior product for anyone hoping to surpass using 75lbs as a 1 to 5 to 10 rep max for any exercise.

The expensive as fuck light dumbbells are hilarious.
Show me where you can get a full dumbbell set for under $1100 that go up to 165lbs. These take up little space and are the best quality adjustable dumbbells on the market.

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/add-on-kit-to-120-lbs-quick-lock-original/

https://www.ironmaster.com/products/165-lb-add-on-kit-custom/

This is what I see when I google. What great deals am I missing?

5-50lbs- $1,675
Screenshot_20200918-124305_Samsung Internet.jpg

5-50lbs- $1,495
Screenshot_20200918-124330_Samsung Internet.jpg

5-75lbs- $2,795
Screenshot_20200918-124346_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also, mats can be made yourself for CHEAP

Show me where you can get a full dumbbell set for under $1100 that go up to 165lbs. These take up little space and are the best quality adjustable dumbbells on the market.

5-50lbs- $1,675
View attachment 799494

5-50lbs- $1,495
View attachment 799495

5-75lbs- $2,795
View attachment 799496
Few and far between to find excellent deals. But you gotta ask around. Put it out on your social media that you're looking. Dig in local ads and ebay.
Got a steal on dumbell set (25-70lb pairs) with the rack for a couple hundred. Then sold the duplicates I already had for same price.

Few and far between to find excellent deals. But you gotta ask around. Put it out on your social media that you're looking. Dig in local ads and ebay.
Got a steal on dumbell set (25-70lb pairs) with the rack for a couple hundred. Then sold the duplicates I already had for same price.
Good advice but also have to ask what your time is worth to keep hunting for a deal, especially when the competition among buyers is so high right now. I already own my ironmasters as well as a set of powerblocks and am super happy with the quality of both.

5-50lbs- $1,675
View attachment 799494

5-50lbs- $1,495
View attachment 799495

5-75lbs- $2,795
View attachment 799496

My question is why would anyone need a rack of dumbells going from 5~75lbs?
Unless you have a commune or live with 4 wives like the mormons do.

Back