$3k home gym

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I made another thread about a $3k piece of equipment that I thought was kind of cool, but not something I would invest in personally.

So hypothetically, you have $3k for a home gym. You can upgrade and get more equipment later, but this will have to work for you initially.

Assuming that everything is in stock and that there isn't a shortage of equipment like there currently is... how do you spend your $3k budget?

Here's how I would spend $3k on a home gym:
Ab wheel- $20
Olympic rings- $20
Jumprope- $20
Hanging ab/dip/pull up station-$180
Outslayer heavy bag- $200
Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells- $700 (already got mine before the shortage)
Rogue flat bench- $180
Rogue SML-1 squat stand (obviously would prefer RML-3 squat cage but it's too expensive @ $755)- $365
Barbell- $300

The remaining grand would go towards plates.

What does your $3k gym look like?

Last edited:
Rogue RML 490C rack.
Rogue flat bench
Rogue stainless steel power bar.
Dip attachment

That’s basically it. Add plates and a deadlift bar jack, maybe some rubber matting and a gigantic blue tooth speaker to blast tunes. Also an electric fan. And I guess a bigass mirror if I’m at it, to look swole and to check form.

Basically an upgraded form of what I’ve already got in my garage.

What kind of facility are we working with?
Need some sort of platform / mats
$700/$3000 on adjustable dumbbells seems like an awful lot
<TheWire1>

Good point! I didn't even think of mats.

What kind of facility are we working with?
Need some sort of platform / mats
$700/$3000 on adjustable dumbbells seems like an awful lot
It is but the ironmasters are soooo nice. Awesome design. I really like my powerblocks as well. It's a tough decision between the 2, but the ironmasters have an edge overall although I do like that I can change weight more quickly with the powerblock.

I have decent flooring (basically a home made platform), a rack, olympic bar, plates, adjustable dumbbells, pullup bar, adjustable bench plus some other bits.
In addition to the standard stuff I have a Safety Squat Bar which is a useful additional/accessory option; also, a high (tall) adjustable bench which I use for seal rows.
Oh, and a second hand Trixter X-Dream bike which is pretty cool:
upload_2020-9-7_19-40-52.png

I'm not sure how much it all cost exactly as I've put it together gradually but $3000 is there or thereabouts.

It is but the ironmasters are soooo nice. Awesome design. I really like my powerblocks as well. It's a tough decision between the 2, but the ironmasters have an edge overall although I do like that I can change weight more quickly with the powerblock.
Jealous of the iron masters. I have plate loaded dumbbells that nearly sever my femoral arteries when I go heavy enough.

I'd get a FID bench instead of a flat-only one.

With a slight-incline you can also sit backwards with your "knee-armpits" on the end of the backrest and do leg extensions with a bar or 2 kettlebells.

I also wouldn't spend on a set of adjustable dumbells if on a 3k budget. Instead use olympic plates with loadable dumbell handles - you just need more 10s than usual. They don't hurt my thighs because I rest the plate's radius on the leg instead of resting the end of the sleeve.

Mini-trampoline is also a good option for low-priced cardio equipment.

I'd get a FID bench instead of a flat-only one.

With a slight-incline you can also sit backwards with your "knee-armpits" on the end of the backrest and do leg extensions with a bar or 2 kettlebells.

I also wouldn't spend on a set of adjustable dumbells if on a 3k budget. Instead use olympic plates with loadable dumbell handles - you just need more 10s than usual. They don't hurt my thighs because I rest the plate's radius on the leg instead of resting the end of the sleeve.

Mini-trampoline is also a good option for low-priced cardio equipment.
Which FID bench?

A rack?

I don’t care about OP lol.
I've got a rack for $400 that I can squat and bench in. Holds up to 1000lbs. Utility bench plus fat pad for $250. So $650 vs $3300. That combo rack is the dream rig tho.

Back