$39.95 for ADCC stream...

Holy crap I'm an idiot. I totally miscounted the number of matches there will be.

There will definitely be over 100 matches to watch. Over 100 matches!!!!! How can you compare that to ~8 matches for metamoris, EBI, Polaris, etc. That's not even going into the level of talent, the prestige, the atmosphere, etc. And budo will do an excellent job of it if their world's coverage is any indication.

I used the multi-mat technology at worlds and always have two matches up at the same time. It's unbelievably awesome.

I understand someone just not wanting to shell out $40, but those that would pay for metamoris or EBI or anything else and not this are either crazy or stupid.

2013 ADCC was like $25 per each mat and the quality was shit(this was because bud videos didn't do it). I still paid for it. 2011 was roughly the same price as this year. Plus, you will have the replay. I don't see the problem. If it is that big of a deal, get a friend and split it.

Uh, seriously. For those who don't remember the horror of the last ADCC stream, complete with half of F12 all watching some random justin.tv stream of individual mats, maybe this sounds like a raw deal. But really, this is like mana from the heavens by comparison.

It's more than I thought it would be. I don't think the price is that out of line IF they can guarantee a good stream, which has not been the case in the past.

And I mean, these are literally the best guys in the world. The dream matches that we want to see happen. They're actually going to happen. Back to back. Just constant high level no gi grappling. Like I said, I think it's worth it.

The last ADCC was the first one that I paid for, and less than a few hours in I turned it off and just surfed results then went back and found the matches that I wanted to see a few days later.

To people with more experience with these streams - was that an anomaly? Will this stream be worth getting? I don't have a problem with the price to # of matches ratio obviously, but the stream of the last ADCC was awful. I'd like to hope this one will be better but have nothing to base that on.

Did budo do the last stream? They do an awesome job with World's and Pans.

Wasn't 2013 in China? Keep in mind, that likely played a huge role in the poor quality of the stream. People who haven't been to China can't even imagine the way things are handled and regulated over there.

Technology has also advanced 2 years.

I'm sure the stream this year will be top notch, as it always is from Budo.

Wasn't 2013 in China? Keep in mind, that likely played a huge role in the poor quality of the stream. People who haven't been to China can't even imagine the way things are handled and regulated over there.

It was in China and I thought ADCC made a mistake by doing it in China. Venue looked horrible and barely any audience. If anything, they should should have done it in Japan.

Did budo do the last stream? They do an awesome job with World's and Pans.

Technology has also advanced 2 years.

I'm sure the stream this year will be top notch, as it always is from Budo.

Yes in China and no Budo did not do the stream...

I'm pretty new to following grappling as a sport so I'm not yet familiar with Budo streams, but judging by the responses in this thread they sound good. Guess I'll give this ADCC one more chance before writing off the streams forever :)

Thanks!

It's possible this stream quality is bad(anything is possible) but I've ordered a ton of budo streams(EBI, Pans, Worlds etc) and the stream quality has always been great for me.

Yes in China and no Budo did not do the stream...

I'm pretty new to following grappling as a sport so I'm not yet familiar with Budo streams, but judging by the responses in this thread they sound good. Guess I'll give this ADCC one more chance before writing off the streams forever :)

Thanks!

Yeah the only year Budo did the stream was 2011 and it was fantastic. In 09 another company did it and in 2013 someone did it in China, barely.

In 2007 and prior I don't think there was a stream for those events

It was in China and I thought ADCC made a mistake by doing it in China. Venue looked horrible and barely any audience. If anything, they should should have done it in Japan.

If they did it in Japan it would be freaking 3D. It would also be cool to watch a full house of silent grappling fans attend. They should probably always do it in Japan.

$40 is too much for a weekend's worth of entertainment? Do you ever watch movies in the theater? Buy video games? How much, exactly, is your time worth?

What are you relating the price to in order to determine that it's too expensive?

Polaris only has 8 matches. ADCC should have over 100 matches. That's more than 10x as many matches - 10x $13 is $130. So Polaris actually costs you way more! (And their matches are shorter).

From what I'm seeing, you have to subscribe to watch the Polaris event. So $12.50 per month for a year to watch these matches. That's $150 a year, and that's ok - but $40 for arguably the biggest tournament in bjj that only happens every two years is too much?

I'm so confused.

i don't think people are complaining about it not being worth 40$.

somebody offers to sell me a brand new ferrari for $15k, i won't buy it. how is it not worth 15k?! that isn't the point. i don't have 15k, it could be worth a billion and i still won't buy it.

not that i couldn't spare $40, but i know for a fact i won't be able to sit through the whole thing, so paying that much for it seems kinda wasteful. if you have nothing to do all weekend, can spend $40 on having fun and are a fan of grappling, you should definitely do it. but you can't be shocked that not everyone passes those conditions.

EBI was 20 for less than 4 hours. ADCC is gonna be like 16 hrs for 40. Sounds like an amazing deal.

If they did it in Japan it would be freaking 3D. It would also be cool to watch a full house of silent grappling fans attend. They should probably always do it in Japan.

I think the crowd's reaction would have been great to watch.. as i always enjoyed hearing their "oohhhh" and "ahhhh" in Pride.

EBI was 20 for less than 4 hours. ADCC is gonna be like 16 hrs for 40. Sounds like an amazing deal.

ADCC is also the most important event in our sport, and only comes every two years. I'd pay double to see it. $40 is a bargain, especially knowing that a quality company like Budo Videos is doing the stream.

Unless Budo Jake trips over the wires and disconnects the stream(like he did at the 2010 worlds, I believe), the stream is always perfect. 2011's bud stream was great. The random company that did 2009's was great. China's restriction on wifi or whatever it was caused the stream to suck. Again, over 100 matches, hours of high level grappling and more than likely a replay is totally worth $40.

Unless Budo Jake trips over the wires and disconnects the stream(like he did at the 2010 worlds, I believe), the stream is always perfect.

hahahahahaha please please please tell me thats a true story. Thats beautiful if it is. Obviously awful for the people watching the stream but a hilarious story.

No Budo did not do the 2013 ADCC China stream. The quality problem was that it was pretty much a last minute move because China was being major A-holes about the whole thing. My guess is that they perceived it as a security risk or something. But they finally made it happen. But because it was last minute, I guess they weren't exactly prepared to do it.

Budo videos did the 2011 ADCC and it was wonderful. Funny ass chat room with Keenan trolling. I think he was still purple during that time and had just grand slammed. He's always been an internet nerd. But yeah, the stream was crystal clear. Good commentary. Two screens going at the same time. Once again, I think it's worth it.

i don't think people are complaining about it not being worth 40$.

somebody offers to sell me a brand new ferrari for $15k, i won't buy it. how is it not worth 15k?! that isn't the point. i don't have 15k, it could be worth a billion and i still won't buy it.

not that i couldn't spare $40, but i know for a fact i won't be able to sit through the whole thing, so paying that much for it seems kinda wasteful. if you have nothing to do all weekend, can spend $40 on having fun and are a fan of grappling, you should definitely do it. but you can't be shocked that not everyone passes those conditions.

That's fine - but people are complaining that it's overpriced. If you don't want to spend $40, don't. But you can't seriously come in and say it should be $20 or $30.

If it's really too much to spend for both days, just get the finals day for $25. If you really can't spare $25 to watch several hours of the best grappling on earth, there's no amount that will make it worthwhile.

Back