$39.95 for ADCC stream...

joeytriangles

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's 39.95 for both days or 24.95 for one.

Seriously, I can't believe how much they're charging. I was super hyped to spend a week end watching, but I'll be skipping after this. It's 12.99 for a months subscription to Flow Grappling which includes Polaris 2. I could envision ADCC charging twice that considering it's a two day event, but that is just crazy. Obviously it's worse as I don't live in the states so it's $60 nzd with current exchange rates. I guess I'll just browse the play by play.

I'd say $24.95 for both days is fair. That being said i don't pay to watch anything online...it just magically appears.

Breaking-Bad-Walter-White-Wink.gif

A 3 hour ufc is $50 to $60. How is 14 hours of grappling, 100+ matches of the best in the world, not worth $40?

The last metamoris was $30 plus getting signed up for a subscription and getting charged two more times.

EBI was like $25 or $30 wasn't it?

Who does Polaris have? How can you even compare?

Last edited:
No matter how much these cost, people always complain.

Seems like a bit much, but it's every 2 years and if there's any grappling event I give a shit about it's definitely ADCC. Oh well. I'll probably get it.

How was the streaming quality on the last one? I thought there were some complaints last time. Anyway, if you dont want to pay, a lot of the matches will be on youtube a few day after.

Metamoris was $30
yet two days of the most prestigious no gi submission grappling at $40 and people complain.

Metamoris was $30
yet two days of the most prestigious no gi submission grappling at $40 and people complain.

At least 4 times as long as metamoris, with over 10x as many fights, and budo videos never stole anyone's credit card information.

But yeah - some how 33% more money is too expensive :( Plus you could just get the second day for $25 which is cheaper than metamoris with more than triple the matches at least.

People are weird.

Last edited:
2013 ADCC was like $25 per each mat and the quality was shit(this was because bud videos didn't do it). I still paid for it. 2011 was roughly the same price as this year. Plus, you will have the replay. I don't see the problem. If it is that big of a deal, get a friend and split it.

If it's too much, watch it with a couple gym buddies and split it.

It's 39.95 for both days or 24.95 for one.

Seriously, I can't believe how much they're charging. I was super hyped to spend a week end watching, but I'll be skipping after this. It's 12.99 for a months subscription to Flow Grappling which includes Polaris 2. I could envision ADCC charging twice that considering it's a two day event, but that is just crazy. Obviously it's worse as I don't live in the states so it's $60 nzd with current exchange rates. I guess I'll just browse the play by play.

$40 is too much for a weekend's worth of entertainment? Do you ever watch movies in the theater? Buy video games? How much, exactly, is your time worth?

What are you relating the price to in order to determine that it's too expensive?

Polaris only has 8 matches. ADCC should have over 100 matches. That's more than 10x as many matches - 10x $13 is $130. So Polaris actually costs you way more! (And their matches are shorter).

From what I'm seeing, you have to subscribe to watch the Polaris event. So $12.50 per month for a year to watch these matches. That's $150 a year, and that's ok - but $40 for arguably the biggest tournament in bjj that only happens every two years is too much?

I'm so confused.

Last edited:
If I can learn 1/2 of what I picked up last time and experience 1/10 of the emotion that ran through me when Cyborg won it will be worth every penny. Do I wish it was cheaper? Yes. That's not going to stop me however from watching what is probably the best grappling event on earth for two whole days.

That's more than I'd be willing to pay. I could see a lot of hardcore fans paying the price, but it's just not worth it to me. That's a lot of matches though, so it's probably totally worth it for some.

After a couple $20 events (Five & EBI) that's a kick in the nuts. I'll be passing on this one as much as I'd like to watch it. $40 is a lot.

$40 is too much for a weekend's worth of entertainment? Do you ever watch movies in the theater? Buy video games? How much, exactly, is your time worth?

What are you relating the price to in order to determine that it's too expensive?

Polaris only has 8 matches. ADCC should have 28 matches or so. That's 3.5x as many matches - 3.5x $13 is $45.50. So Polaris actually costs you more! (And their matches are shorter).

From what I'm seeing, you have to subscribe to watch the Polaris event. So $12.50 per month for a year to watch these matches. That's $150 a year, and that's ok - but $40 for arguably the biggest tournament in bjj that only happens every two years is too much?

I'm so confused.

Good post. Also I'd add that ADCC usually runs 3 mats at once. If they have the mat select option (and they should) then you'll be able to watch literally any of the weekend's matches. I think each ADCC has a total of 120 matches or something like that if you include the superfights and absolute divisons.

At least 4 times as long as metamoris, with 5x as many fights, and budo videos never stole anyone's credit card information.

But yeah - some how 33% more money is too expensive :( Plus you could just get the second day for $25 which is cheaper than metamoris with more than twice the matches.

People are weird.

I think people are a bit too entitled IMO. ADCC has a shit ton of matches.. 100+ for two days and regarded as THE submission grappling tournament. There were some amazing matches last year.. even with the shitty streaming from China. EBI was what? 18 matches for $20?

I'm really surprised at the reactions. Comparing ADCC to Polaris or Metamoris is odd, ADCC has like 10x as many matches over the whole weekend. I'm not ordering it, but not because of the price. That actually doesn't seem so bad to me.

Back