• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 Days Sober

30 days is a small step. A small step here, a small step there, and next thing you know you've climbed a mountain.
Just keep in mind addiction isn't something that can be cured in a month, year, or 5 years. It's a life long battle.

Congrats! I know how hard it is, I have a mother, mother, grandmother, several uncles, friends and a brother that all struggle with addiction. All of them are either dead or clean now. It's one of the hardest things to do in life, I'm lucky that I've never struggled with it myself but I saw what everyone else was doing around me and said fuck that shit.

Congrats man, and I hope you stick with it. I’m in my 50s now and my wild years are decades behind me. Life is so much fun when you go through it with clarity.

Good for you, man. I don’t think being sober is necessarily a virtue. But I do think a lot of people miss out on a lot of good experiences in life, by limiting themselves to the mindset that you have to be drunk/high to have fun and appreciate life in general.

Remember...

lips-that-touch-liquor-960x1024.jpg

I've been battling crippling alcoholism for about 15 years now. I can find some nice stretches of sobriety, but I'm always pulled back into a life of drinking deadly amounts over long binges, horrible withdrawals, hospital visits and devastating depression due to my addiction. As of right now, I'm probably the most mentally healthy I've been since a teenager, and while I'm not sure about marijuana use, I think this thread can be a benefit to all of us suffering all addictions and concurrent disorders.

Congrats TS.

What does sobriety mean to you? Is caffeine or sugar included? Sobriety is usually the things we consider "drugs" societally?

This is the first time I've been sober more than a week since 2002. This is new territory for me. Don't know what it's like to be a sober adult.

I used to think to myself, if I was sober then wtf else would I be doing? Couldn't imagine not being fucked up all the time. Didn't understand how people did it at all. But I'm really enjoying it. It's almost like a whole new type of drug.

Anyone else trying to do the sober thing
Congrats bro. Stay strong and keep up the good work. You got this man!

Still smoke too much pot, but I have been off the alcohol. I have an on running war with a bunch of cunts, and I end up wanting to punch people every time I drink.
the dental work doesn't need any more remodeling from brawls.

Good job buddy

I've been drinking and smoking weed way too much lately

Glad to hear it Hans, don’t go back to it, alcohol is poison. After 40 years that poisons grip was lifted from me, I don’t miss it one bit.