3 exaggerated truths from UFC FN 181

doozer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Greg Hardy will never be a top fighter. His cardio is so bad, he was panting and gasping for breath long after the fight finished. In a previous fight he even needed an inhaler. As soon as he meets tough competition that can survive his onslaught and take advantage of his exhaustion he will meet a wall.

Bryce Mitchell is the next khabib. Undefeated. Relentless takedowns. Even figure 4’s the legs.

Uriah Hall did as well as Israel against Silva. Israel just made the fight more interesting. Uriah’s finish was 4th round, maybe Israel would have finished if he’d gone to 4th.

thoughts on these? (I expect lots of hate on the Bryce Mitchell comment)

many other exaggerated truths

i meant *any* other exaggerated truths

Last edited:
Greg Hardy will never be a top fighter. His cardio is so bad, he was panting and gasping for breath long after the fight finished. In a previous fight he even needed an inhaler. As soon as he meets tough competition that can survive his onslaught and take advantage of his exhaustion he will meet a wall.

Bryce Mitchell is the next khabib. Undefeated. Relentless takedowns. Even figure 4’s the legs.

Uriah Hall did as well as Israel against Silva. Israel just made the fight more interesting. Uriah’s finish was 4th round, maybe Israel would have finished if he’d gone to 4th.

Mitchell got tapped out by a Bantam on TUF and got rocked by Fili badly. He might fight for a title but he doesn't have the physical gifts Khabib has or even the skill level IMO.

I expect lots of hate on the Bryce Mitchell comment)
Saying he's the next Khabib might be a bit too crazy at this point, but the fact is that he has spent a higher percentage of his UFC career in top position than any other 145er with at least five fights.
(46.3% of his fight time, to be exact.)

1. hardy is good enough to be a gatekeeper, one that'll drag newcomers to hell and back and see if they are fit to fight in the division. will get beat by anyone with talent.
2. no. bryce will be an amazing contender, tough, good grappling, but khabib's striking is underrated and sneaky, bryce needs an amazing striking lesson and we will see with his next fight.
3. also, its obvious izzy went soft on silva, if he can take out tank costa like that, he couldve kicked anderson's legs out of the cage, he wanted it to be a methodical fight, not a murder.

I love ThugNasty but the Khabib comparison is excessive. Then again the title is "exaggerated truths", so I should probably shut the fuck up.

I think Hardy will absolutely be a ranked fighter with his power, athleticism, and mindset, but I agree the asthma will definitely be an issue against some of the elites in the division. Very unlikely he'd ever be champ, but still what he's doing with as little MMA experience as he has is extremely impressive IMO.

I don't think Hardy will be any good, but to say he can't do well in the heavyweight division because of 'bad cardio' doesn't make any sense lol

Mitchell got tapped out by a Bantam on TUF and got rocked by Fili badly. He might fight for a title but he doesn't have the physical gifts Khabib has or even the skill level IMO.
Thiago Santos got dominated by a 155'er on TUF.

Paulo Costa got dominated by a welterweight on TUF.

What's your point?

Bryce Mitchell will not even come close to being khabib. His top control is insane though. I think max, volkanovski can stuff his stuff and potentially knock him out. His figure4 isn't impressive nor do I think he fully understands the fence wrestling. People just mimic khabib and get it to the fence, but don't have a full understanding of how to utilize it to their advantage. Filli used it to walk walk a few times and exploded off the fence to get free.

Bryce Mitchell will not even come close to being khabib. His top control is insane though. I think max, volkanovski can stuff his stuff and potentially knock him out. His figure4 isn't impressive nor do I think he fully understands the fence wrestling. People just mimic khabib and get it to the fence, but don't have a full understanding of how to utilize it to their advantage. Filli used it to walk walk a few times and exploded off the fence to get free.
He also does not have the stand up defense, footwork or pressure to stay on guys without taking significant damage. Which was arguably one of Khabibs best traits

Mitchell’s a weakling. He’a built like a teen girl. He needs to up the dosage and hit the weights, or cut some fat and go down a div. If he remains a weakling, he’ll get destroyed by another good (but stronger) wrestler.

He also does not have the stand up defense, footwork or pressure to stay on guys without taking significant damage. Which was arguably one of Khabibs best traits
Agreed. His TD shots are somewhat telegraphed because he doesn't have the striking or setups. I think he'll be middle of the pack guy, Top 10 guy, fringe top 5 guy. I don't see anything really special about the guy. Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's generational or championship level. The thing I like most about him is his gas tank and top control. If he can improve and find ways to do damage on top, maybe he breaks out of the mold I casted. I love to be proved wrong. I prefer grapplers like khabib and a dude like him that goes for it(even if he's not as good)

Last edited:
Mitchell’s a weakling. He’a built like a teen girl. He needs to up the dosage and hit the weights, or cut some fat and go down a div. If he remains a weakling, he’ll get destroyed by another good (but stronger) wrestler.
Like a Tyler Diamond or Bobby Moffett?

Well he does have a great deal of strength and is still working on it. Khabib took a lot longer to get there where is Bryce is fighting in the UFC against top fighter much earlier in his career. He won’t hit 30-0 but he still has time to grow into the other things (though how long will the 0 last while he grows)

Saying he's the next Khabib might be a bit too crazy at this point, but the fact is that he has spent a higher percentage of his UFC career in top position than any other 145er with at least five fights.
(46.3% of his fight time, to be exact.)
I bet Ben Askren would have similar stats

1. hardy is good enough to be a gatekeeper, one that'll drag newcomers to hell and back and see if they are fit to fight in the division. will get beat by anyone with talent.
2. no. bryce will be an amazing contender, tough, good grappling, but khabib's striking is underrated and sneaky, bryce needs an amazing striking lesson and we will see with his next fight.
3. also, its obvious izzy went soft on silva, if he can take out tank costa like that, he couldve kicked anderson's legs out of the cage, he wanted it to be a methodical fight, not a murder.
Izzy did go soft on Silva. Costa was over-rated and a stylistically easy fight. Yoel fought weird. But there is no denying beating Whittaker like that.
The only ? on Izzy is the run Kelvin gave him.

(I expect lots of hate on the Bryce Mitchell comment)
Bryce is a redneck MURICAN so people won't have issue with him being on top doing little damage. He won't get the hate other grapplers get because he's american. A redneck american in fact.

Back