3 exaggerated truths from UFC FN 181

You ever see that hokey pokey uppercut Khabib does? He does that on purpose, so people can think he's level changing. It's a level change feint.

Here's the dip I'm talking about

The feint overhand right he gave conor was because Conor thought he was going for a level Change.

Bryce does none of this.

Then there's this thread I made

Khabib throws a strike while moving his head, positioning up and across the body. This opens up space for Al to lock into the underhook, forcing him to stand up straight. As soon as Khabib feels it lock in, he begins to angle away and throw on the body-lock. Al keeps a wide base while lowering himself a bit to keep his hips lower than Khabib’s (a defense to prevent Khabib from lifting easily), but Khabib can then shuffle to the outside and use the outside trip with ease.

Iaquinta attempts to use an extremely shallow underhook + grip-fighting as a defense, looking to control Khabib’s wrist to prevent the bodylock. Once again, Khabib is at an angle towards his own underhook before stepping into his single leg lift and sweeping the right leg of Iaquinta out.

McGregor looks to break Khabib’s posture by pushing down on his head, hoping that Khabib will not have enough drive to move to the bodylock or double leg. Khabib simply moves to the single leg, and McGregor is too late on any sort of grip-fighting defense. Khabib finishes it with the lift and dump.

Khabib’s step-in and lift feint draws McGregor’s handfight and circle away defense, which Khabib corrals into an outside trip, leaving him in a dominant position.

Read more at the fightsite : https://www.thefight-site.com/home/ufc-254-khabib-nurmagomedov-cage-wrestling

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...l-safe-when-youre-not.4141003/#post-162239781

I kind of think of that as faints that make his striking better rather than moves to close the distance and get his hands on someone. But I’m sold on the idea that Khabib is technical at closing distance. He’s technical everywhere

Hardy has no gas tank
Mitchell has no chin, so he will never be Khabib
Hall beat a washed-up, has-been who should've retired five years ago.

Bryce is a redneck MURICAN so people won't have issue with him being on top doing little damage. He won't get the hate other grapplers get because he's american. A redneck american in fact.
That's some derogatory, and hateful shit you're saying there. But I do have a problem with it, white or not.

I kind of think of that as faints that make his striking better rather than moves to close the distance and get his hands on someone. But I’m sold on the idea that Khabib is technical at closing distance. He’s technical everywhere
if you watch the justin fight, Khabib does the eagle punch. He feints a right hand, dips levels, so justin thinks hes shooting, then comes up with his left. His striking is fucking weird but effective. the threat of the takedown has guys thinking like what the fuck is he going to do?

Bryce needs that in his game where he can keep the opponent guessing. He shoots naked on almost everything. He does not set it up with the strikes. If he has an opening, he's shooting lol. at least from the fight I saw with filli.

maybe but that’s kind of how prizefighting has always been. From home town to country to nationality. It’s even more bias outside of America for supporting fighters.

say a popular Russian fighter vs popular American fighter. About ever single Russian fan will support the Russian.
Not all Americans will root for the American.

bit I see what you’re saying.
You're right. Combat fighting has always been like that, but to be honest. I thought mma was a little diverse. I mean, two of the biggest stars are not even american. They only come here to fight. You see that more in boxing where each race root for the same race, trains with the same race(for the most part). Its more segregated there. MMA gyms, teams are mixed, gyms are mixed. I am sure there are people who root for races or nationality in mma, but if say Jon Jones is going against GSP, I don't think people will feel compelled to root for each guy because of their race, but in boxing they would.

But I guess, that's the story of grappling. I always see people shit on grapplers unless its from where they are from. No one shits on colby's wrestling and his wrestling compared to khabib's. That's funny now I think about it. Or even usman's wrestling compared to Colby. Usman catches more shit(I know, toe stomps but besides that, the wrestling itself) when colby and usman both wrestle, they both do very little from the top.

if you watch the justin fight, Khabib does the eagle punch. He feints a right hand, dips levels, so justin thinks hes shooting, then comes up with his left. His striking is fucking weird but effective. the threat of the takedown has guys thinking like what the fuck is he going to do?

Bryce needs that in his game where he can keep the opponent guessing. He shoots naked on almost everything. He does not set it up with the strikes. If he has an opening, he's shooting lol. at least from the fight I saw with filli.
Khabib does have good striking. I think part of Bryces problem is all his striking as at distance that makes it very hard to set up a takedown when you are never close to them.

You're right. Combat fighting has always been like that, but to be honest. I thought mma was a little diverse. I mean, two of the biggest stars are not even american. They only come here to fight. You see that more in boxing where each race root for the same race, trains with the same race(for the most part). Its more segregated there. MMA gyms, teams are mixed, gyms are mixed. I am sure there are people who root for races or nationality in mma, but if say Jon Jones is going against GSP, I don't think people will feel compelled to root for each guy because of their race, but in boxing they would.

But I guess, that's the story of grappling. I always see people shit on grapplers unless its from where they are from. No one shits on colby's wrestling and his wrestling compared to khabib's. That's funny now I think about it. Or even usman's wrestling compared to Colby. Usman catches more shit(I know, toe stomps but besides that, the wrestling itself) when colby and usman both wrestle, they both do very little from the top.

yeah I agree mma is a little different than boxing. But gsp jones. All Canadians are going for gsp. It’s almost unique to America in regards to fans and fighters nationality.
I like all types of fighters. I like Maia I like the Diaz’s I like askren and Masvidal. Conor and khabib. Fedor to werdum. I could go on and on.
I don’t cheerlead and hate a fighter because one lost to another.
if they win or lose I don’t care as long as I like their fights or style.
I’m an American and I don’t root for an American just because.
and those who do that’s fine. That’s always been a thing not only in combat sports but all of sports from small town football and in state college rivalries. To state vs state. and or soccer to any competitive sports. Soccer across the globe is the absolute worst for this.

And usman isn’t a grappler I enjoy to watch fight. I like Colby as he fights a high paced fight. Nik lentz was a guy I used to hate watch but has been more active over the last few years.

and the usman Colby grappling or wrestling is totally different. Its nothing to do with black or white. And they are two Americans. Totally different styles.

Hardy is a relevant HW with half the training of most fighters and there isn’t anything you can say or do about it.

got a TKO victory, went 5 round with the dude who just blew Walt Harris out. Hate all you want

Greg Hardy will never be a top fighter. His cardio is so bad, he was panting and gasping for breath long after the fight finished. In a previous fight he even needed an inhaler. As soon as he meets tough competition that can survive his onslaught and take advantage of his exhaustion he will meet a wall.

Bryce Mitchell is the next khabib. Undefeated. Relentless takedowns. Even figure 4’s the legs.

Uriah Hall did as well as Israel against Silva. Israel just made the fight more interesting. Uriah’s finish was 4th round, maybe Israel would have finished if he’d gone to 4th.

thoughts on these? (I expect lots of hate on the Bryce Mitchell comment)

many other exaggerated truths
Greg Hardy went 3 full rounds with a broken right hand on short notice vs Alexander volkov who’s a top 10 HW in the world. Your trolling sucks
<Dany07>

Hardy did just as good against Greene as Oleynik did, if not better. Did better against Volkov than Harris at 1.5 years into his career. He's now been fighting for just 2.5 years, of course he's not a top fighter yet.

Haters better pray Rashad & new team don't get him on a better diet & improve his cardio.

Hardy is a relevant HW with half the training of most fighters and there isn’t anything you can say or do about it.

got a TKO victory, went 5 round with the dude who just blew Walt Harris out. Hate all you want
“relevant” is a very questionable term to use for hardy right now. He’s beaten no one of value and isn’t a top 15.

And I’m no hater. I’ve liked Hardy since his first fight, I like his personality and I want him to succeed.

Greg Hardy went 3 full rounds with a broken right hand on short notice vs Alexander volkov who’s a top 10 HW in the world. Your trolling sucks
<Dany07>
Short notice works both ways, just like Jones vs OSP, Volkov cruised to that decision win easily. Yes Hardy did impressively considering he was thrown to the wolves but Volkov was clearly out of his league at that time.
You can call it trolling if you want. I was just making exaggerated statements based in a truth.
Hardy did just as good against Greene as Oleynik did, if not better. Did better against Volkov than Harris at 1.5 years into his career. He's now been fighting for just 2.5 years, of course he's not a top fighter yet.

Haters better pray Rashad & new team don't get him on a better diet & improve his cardio.
If Rashad and team can improve his cardio it’s his best hope. Outside of someone like Francis who is finishing the top fighters in 30 seconds anyone who doesn’t have cardio won’t make it to the top. Too many tough fighters on the way.

Are you just basing this on looking at his body? He's completely ragdolled and manhandled all of the 145ers he's faced, including guys like Fili, Rosa, and Moffett who are pretty big for the division. It's completely baseless to call him a "weakling". Just cause he isn't jacked like Paulo Costa in no way means he is a weakling.

Having said that, I do agree that he could probably make 135. He would be an absolute force down there... but hard to say how much the weight cut would impact his performance.

I’m basing my comment on what i observed in the Fili fight. I saw a much stronger guy with inferior wrestling (Fili) reverse some positions fairly easily and forcefully. Mitchell was able to stay in control b/c of better technique alone. You could see how much stronger Fili is than Mitchell during some of the scrambles. Also, when Fili reversed Mitchell from the bottom in the 3rd, that was a good example of the strength diff i’m talking about. Mitchell looked like he was on a mechanical bull.

46C7BFAC-99F0-4BB6-A8FC-2F8E50B9123F.jpeg 2 years later. Hardy is out of the UFC, I thought he would do better. Hall beats a another washed up legend then loses 2.
And Nick from UFC bet’im calls Mitchells strength and skill “Khabib like”

Back