3 Boxers are UFC champs.

There was a time when boxers wouldn't last for shit in MMA. If I want to see boxers, I'll watch an actual boxing match. Bring back head kicks and more body kicks.

No but fighters are figuring out how to utilize it better in MMA.

Since when are these guys boxers and what exactly in your mind qualifies a guy as a boxer

All of these guys are pretty well rounded, Cody and Conor especially....not real sure about Stipes overall game yet

Stipe and Cody are boxer-wrestlers, Conor is TKD + boxing. Boxing is too limited to be predominant in a style.

3 mixed martial artists, you filthy casual.

Being good at punching people leads to success in MMA.

Who woulda thunk it!

shit thread.

No love and Stipe have wrestling bases

I wouldn't want to take a fight to the ground in a bar or club at all. There is almost certainly a "crew" around. The scariest part of a street/bar fight is the potential for a drunk guy going too far. You can tackle somebody, but his friend's foot to your head will end your ground and pound (and maybe life) pretty quick.

If you need to avenge your sister by going after her boyfriend, I guess that could be a good time to ground and pound somebody, but that's a pretty rare occasion hopefully, and nothing a good straight right couldn't fix. Also sounds like an easy way to wind up in jail.

Agreed, I always want to be on my feet during a street or bar fight. At least if you are on your feet, if someone pulls out a weapon you can assess the situation and make the best choice (whether to get out of there or keep fighting)

If all other attributes equal, boxing will always be the most effective stand up art, because you can fire off shots immediately, going forward, backwards, side to side, don't need need space, can throw punvh conbinatuons faster than kicks.

It it turns chaotic, what usually always happens, 2 fighters start throwing hands. If you're both in awkward positions, or angles, pucnhes are easier to throw than a kick.

Less chance of getting checked, and injured, where serious, or a really bad stinger. Just much easier to implement a boxing game plan than any other art. Also, when someone throws a leg kickk, you can firee back faster than they can retract their leg.

Back