3 Boxers are UFC champs.

True. If the wrestler has a great chin and you lack KO power, you better make sure he does not grab you and slam the shit out of you on the pavement.

The guys who specialize in the frequent flyer miles side of rasslin are no one I'd want to fudge with on a hard floor.

Bro, Connor looked like a thai boxer against Nate in the rematch

A pure wrestler will go further than a pure boxer in MMA, at least that's my opinion

True, but, Eddie and Ronda were both rocked before they could even attempt a takedown. That's gotta severely lower their chances.
Eddie didn't try to wrestle Conor, to begin with. He didn't come shooting for legs, right out of the gate.

And Ronda certainly came to box, and by the time she initiated the clinch, she was already rocked, and Amanda has trained in BJJ and Judo, before, so Ronda had no chance of getting ahold of her.

Next great WMMA superstar...

JS77444490.jpg
does that shirt say im a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:? da fuck

The best base is distance control

Somebody should start a new martial arts gym called DISTANCE CONTROL

It would teach all techniques to remain outside, get inside or stay in mid-range, in addition to all techniques that allow transitioning from one distance to the other

This is the best base for MMA as it emphasizes controlling and optimizing the positioning of a fighter with respect to his opponent.

All MMA techniques require a certain distance to be effective and once a fighter becomes a master of distance control, then he can best express his grappling and striking talents.

This is a key factor in what makes GSP, Machida, Anderson, Aldo and Jones so effective and is the one key attribute that all have in common and have a tremendous mastery over.

Fighters with immense potential who never seem to realize it often fail because of remaining subpar in this domain, I.e. Pettis

That art is called BJJ. Be close or far, but not in the middle.

Freddie Roach did not teach Arlovski how to throw a flying knee which allowed him to get knocked out.

You stupid idiot. Does people on Sherdog not know how to apply common sense in any of their posts?
He got KTFO by a Sambo Fighter.

That's a fact.

He got KTFO by a Sambo Fighter.

That's a fact.

And what does that have to do with anything?

Sambo fighters main striking game is Boxing and Kyokushin.

The fact is that Arlovski was doing well boxing with Fedor before he went for that flying knee.

I thought Cody was a wrestler with good boxing not just a boxer.

I wouldn't put it that way. It's just that a few MMA guys have come in with really good (for MMA) boxing. It's all part of the ever evolving nature of MMA.

Wrestling is the best base period. Big fan of boxing but even I know that. Wrestling+boxing is the fundamentals of fighting. Now neither style is "complete" whatever that means, so you have to know bjj/mt. If I were training fighters to proficiency in shortest amount of time, I'd focus on fundamental things esp wrestling and boxing. there's other stuff to train of course but those two arts will carry you the furthest and make you one mean motherfucker. Conor and Cody are the only fighters with a boxing "base" that are also champions. However most champions rely heavily on their boxing in their standup. Mm Cody mcgregor woodley DC an for stipe all seem like better boxers than kickboxers. Boxing helps wrestlers land takedowns and wresltling helps boxers land punches. Being well rounded is important but specializing a little more in fundamentals is maybe more important. I kinda think of wrestling and boxing the way powerlifters see deadlifting and squating. Deads and squats are the most important lifts but you still got to be able to bench

Last edited:
conner is more of a one trick pony with an incredible size advantage over most of his foes.

i also think that conner cant be proof that boxing (if he were a boxer) is best base as he was outstruck and choked out by a bjj guy not long ago.

if you were to say strikers with one weapon that judges really, really like, then you might have something.

I fuckkng love this sport man...

Wrestlers seemed destined to reign supreme as soon as they worked out their armbar and triangle defence but now that the boxers have tdd, we enter a new era and I love it!!!

Khabib + Fedor = Sambo is best base for MMA

vfec8l.gif

2rztg7b.jpg

KTFO Freddie Roach trained boxer.

Khabib would kill the McChiken.

Cody beat an overrated Dominick.

the best part is Fedor trying to land a winging left after he just cleaned his clock lol

I've honestly never seen a 1-1 street fight. How often does one guy walking down the street bump into one other guy walking down the street, and they end up fighting?

The last place I ever want to be in a street fight is on the ground where the guy's friend can kick me in the head and kill me. My plan is always to stay on my feet the entire time.

The only 1-1 "street fights" I've ever seen are the "meet me after school" type of fights that are completely childish and avoidable.

Fights at a club or a bar???

Doesn't actually mean there on the streets.

There's also altercations some go through with individuals like a sisters ex boyfriend

Back