Crime 26 year old math teacher arrested for raping 16 year old student. The father of the student was also arrested.

She was formerly married to MMA fighter Chance Carmack (0-1) and has a kid with him.

The father of the student was arrested for child endangerment because he knew the relationship was happening but didn't do anything.

giphy.gif

I don’t like it, but I also acknowledge that they are less likely to commit crimes and reoffend, so I’m not butthurt that they get less time.

Obviously that doesn’t apply for serious crimes like murder and they should be treated as harshly as men.

Really the point I was getting at was that 16 is legal in like half of the world, and we’re supposed to pretend like this is just as bad 50 year olds going to the Phillipines to fuck kids. She shouldn’t be getting arrested for this.
While I understand your point, it's still wrong.

I think that there CAN be a difference on the effects a 16 year old male and a 16 year old female get from a sexual situation with an adult; BUT, the punishment for the crime isn't just about their feelings, it's about punishing the person that did wrong. And having sex with a minor is wrong. Regardless of the effects, the adult that abused their power is wrong. It sounds like you're just looking at the potential effect on the boy and ignoring the thought process of the adult that sees no problem with sleeping with a minor, ESPECIALLY someone in the position of a teacher ,it's beyond wrong on multiple levels.

I think we get too caught up with some of the words, because 'rape' has a very specific meaning and image in most people's minds. So I get why people think using that word in a situation like this isn't fitting.
If you ask that boy now, and maybe even 10 years from now if he regretted this, he could likely say 'Not at all', but it doesn't change anything. There's no way to know how that sexual experience changed his life and his future dealings with women and sex. And a teacher that would do this has no business being around kids teaching them anything if these are the kinds of life decisions she's making.

First of all, you're using the qualifier of "willing"...showing either you don't understand the definition of rape or that's your threshold for the sexism that allows you to be a gross pervert in favor of young boys. Why is the word adults in quotation marks? Is there some irony to her adulthood? She is an adult and is in a position of power and authority over children. He is a child.

Regardless of how old they are? So the kid could have been 10 years-old, cool as long as he's willing?

You're even more of an idiot than I always took you for and I sincerely hope you're not and never are in charge of any male minors.
10 and 16 are way different. A crime was committed, and she should be punished. But at 16 most of us were already having sex, driving, had jobs etc. There is a huge difference. At 16 my son was 6'1 190lb linebacker and Country Champ wrestler. No one would force him to do anything. He knew right from wrong and if he were fucking a teacher, he WANTED to. Same goes for me at that age. I am not condoning it, but 16 isn't 10. And boys still have the power physically, so there is never a fear of forced sex like with girls that age.

Back