Social 24-hour Black News Channel set for November debut: ‘By black people for black people’

i don't know. i haven't thought about music much...i'm afraid i'm a bit out of touch. the last music i listened to enthusiastically was Britpop (Oasis, early Radiohead, Blur, Ash, etc). i guess that you'd call that "white people/western european" music, i think?

What about Living Colour, hootie and the blowfish or others with black people in it?

in terms of food? there's definitely soul food places here where i live. they tend to have a great deal of black folks frequenting them.

Chick-Filet seems to appeal to a very specific subgroup of white people, at least here in North Carolina.

Sushi and Chinese (fast food variety) has made it to the masses. Thai has also. Korean - not so much.

Mexican food, of a sort, seems to have broken through - though genuine Central American places don't seem to draw the Pottery Barn crowd.
I mean for you, personally when you were younger and into "white" things.

food is different, i guess.

Why do you think? No "face" to identify with?

Naw they burned a cross in my grandfather's yard because he was a Catholic who only did business with them when he had to.. I think when they found out my grandmother was 1/4 Jewish that's when they fired up the cross.

Nice try.

I'm sure that is all completely true and not a product of your delusion

You have a interventionist mindset.
I have an interventionist mindset against the policemen of the world. People that can’t just live their own lives. They have to judge and point fingers like hypocritical cowards. This is true. These people need to sit the fuck down. They are literally creating the problems they think they against. But they are too shallow to see that.

Living Colour? Lenny Kravits? There are many black artists in 1990s Alternative.

hola EH,

i didn't follow American bands too closely during the 90's and early aughts. like i said, i was into Brit pop.

the last set of American bands i was into was the Replacements/Husker Du/REM era of alt college. i guess you could call that "white persons" music too. hip hop was taking off, but i wasn't into it.

- IGIT

Last edited:
News is not a race thing you bloody idiot. We just spent all of yesterday discussing events in Sri Lanka ffs. I mean it will be NOW. Because what else can be "black" news?
Let me clarify something to those so infantile and fearful they react to the WORD before getting to the actual meaning. “Black” in this context is not referring to people of a certain skin color, it’s referring to a very specific cultural group within the so-called black race. Actually, 99% of the time yiu hear “Black” in this country it’s used to define a very small community within the greater “Black” race. Most black people in the world will not relate to or even understand that channel. You’re crying like a bitch over your own ignorance. But your biggest problem is that you’re just a weak coward that reacts before they even see the threat.

Holy fuck lmao it will be a 24/7 Dr Sebi and Yakub propoganda channel

Let me clarify something to those so infantile and fearful they react to the WORD before getting to the actual meaning. “Black” in this context is not referring to people of a certain skin color, it’s referring to a very specific cultural group within the so-called black race. Actually, 99% of the time yiu hear “Black” in this country it’s used to define a very small community within the greater “Black” race. Most black people in the world will not relate to or even understand that channel. You’re crying like a bitch over your own ignorance. But your biggest problem is that you’re just a weak coward that reacts before they even see the threat.

What in the flying fuck are you even talking about?

First off I don't even know what the hell this small black community withing the black community is that you are even referring too?

Secondly, what kind of a special idiot would create a news network to cater too such a small group of black people who themselves only make up 16 percent of NA?

What the fuck are you even suggesting here?

Didn't FUBU and MAGA teach us that what racist people really want is hats? Not news, hats.

This will flop badly.

I'd watch it, if I had TV
giphy.gif

I hope they have Sinbad
giphy.gif

Well, there's really only one thing to do here.
We need a well-manned 24 hour live thread in response.

Back